CA CPT June 2017 Entrance Exam
CA ( EXAM ) / CPT / June, 2017 :
In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is pleased to announce that the Common Proficiency Test will be held on Sunday, 18th June, 2017 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear from each centre.
[ This Common Proficiency Test will be conducted as per provisions of Regulation 25 D ( 3 ) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. ]
CA CPT June 2017 Course :
- Section A : Fundamentals of Accounting
- Section B : Mercantile Laws
- Section C : General Economics
- Section D : Quantitative Aptitude
To know more about CA CPT June Entrance Exam Click Here
CA CPT June Exam Eligibility 2017
Eligibility requirements to appear in CA CPT June 2017 :
I. A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test in June, 2017 if he / she has :
Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination ( 10+2 examination ) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time. ( The list of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination );
* As per a recent Juneision of the Council of the ICAI, candidates with certain higher qualifications are also eligible to appear in the CPT.
To know more about CA CPT June Eligibility Click Here
CA CPT June 2017 Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test is an objective type multiple choice questions based examination. Candidates will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium Question Paper Booklet for answering the questions.
It is a test of four subjects i.e., Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with an objective to test basic knowledge in these subject areas. This test is of 200 marks. This test is divided into two sessions of two hours each with a break in between. CPT is an objective type test with negative marking.
Subjects to be studied in CPT are as follows :
Session – 1 ( Two Sections – Two hours – 100 marks )
- Section A : Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 marks )
- Section B : Mercantile Laws ( 40 marks )
Session – II ( Two Sections – Two hours – 100 marks )
- Section C : General Economics ( 50 marks )
- Section D : Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 marks )
To appear in the Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) students have to fill separate examination application form as per the Notification / Announcement issued by the Examination Division of the Institute in this regard.
CA CPT June Online Application Form 2017
Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org from 5th April, 2017 to 27th April, 2017 and remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. It may be noted that there is no provision for acceptance of application forms after 27th April, 2017 with late fee.
The fees payable for the Common Proficiency Test is 1000 /- for centres in India 1700 /- for centres in Kathmandu ( Nepal ) and $ 300 /- for centres in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before 3rd April, 2017 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
To know more about CA CPT June Application Form Click Here
CA CPT Exam Centres June 2017
Places of examination centres in india :
|46||DELHI / NEW DELHI||47||DHANBAD||48||DHULE|
|106||MANGALORE||107||MAPUSA (GOA)||108||MARGAO (GOA)|
Places of examination centres overseas :
To know more about CA CPT June Exam Centres Click Here
CA CPT June 2017 Syllabus
SESSION – I :
Section A : Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 Marks ) :
- Theoretical Framework :
- Accounting Process :
- Bank Reconciliation Statement :
- Inventories :
- Depreciation accounting :
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors :
- Accounting for Special Transactions :
- Partnership Accounts :l.
- Introduction to Company Accounts :
Section B: Mercantile Laws ( 40 Marks ) :
- The Indian Contract Act , 1872 : An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930 : Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932 : General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm.
SESSION – II
Section C : General Economics ( 50 Marks ) :
(Micro Economics :
- Introduction to Micro Economics :
- Theory of Demand and Supply :
- Theory of Production and Cost :
- Price Determination in Different Markets :
- ( II ) Indian Economic Development :
- Indian Economy – A Profile :
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy :
- Economic Reforms in India :
- Money and Banking :
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks ) :
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms :
- Equations :
- Inequalities :
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications :
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations :
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions :
- Sets, Functions and Relations :. Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach :
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus ( excluding trigonometric functions ) :
- Statistical description of data :
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion :
- Correlation and Regression :
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation :
- Theoretical Distributions :
- Sampling Theory :
- Index Numbers :
To know more about CA CPT June Syllabus Click Here
CA CPT June 2017 Results
CA CPT June 2017 Result Date : CA CPT 2017 June Results likely to be declared in the month of July, 2017
Please keep watching this page, to check yourCA CPT June Entrance Results 2017…
To know more about CA CPT Test Results Click Here
To know more about CA CPT Question Papers Click Here
To know more about CA CPT FAQs Click Here
CA CPT June 2017 Exam Date
|18th June, 2017 ( Sunday )||First Session( i.e. Morning Session )||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM ( IST )
Section – A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section – B Mercantile Laws
|Second Session( i.e. Afternoon Session )||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM ( IST )
Section – C General Economics
Section – D Quantitative Aptitude
CA CPT June 2017 Important Dates
|1||Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is required to apply online at from||5th April, 2017 to 27th April, 2017|
|2||CPT acceptance of application forms late fee.||27th April, 2017|
|3||Common Proficiency Test||18th June, 2017 ( Sunday )|
|4||Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on||3rd April, 2017|
The Additional Secretary ( Exams ),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002.
Phone No. : 0120 – 3054 851,
Fax No. : 0120 – 3054 841,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.icai.org.