CA CPT December 2017 Entrance Exam
CA ( EXAM ) / CPT / December, 2017 :
In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is pleased to announce that the Common Proficiency Test will be held on Sunday, 17th December, 2017 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear from each centre.
[This Common Proficiency Test will be conducted as per provisions of Regulation 25 D ( 3 ) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.]
CA CPT December Entrance Exam Date 2017
|17th December, 2017||First Session|
( i.e. Morning Session )
|10.30 AM to 12.30 PM ( IST )
Section - A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section - B Mercantile Laws
( i.e. Afternoon Session )
|2.00 PM to 4.00 PM ( IST )
Section - C General Economics
Section - D Quantitative Aptitude
To know more about CA CPT December Entrance Exam Click Here
CA CPT December 2017 Eligibility
Eligibility requirements to appear in CA CPT December, 2017
A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test in December, 2017 if he / she has :
Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination ( 10+2 examination ) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time. ( The list of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination );
* As per a recent Juneision of the Council of the ICAI, candidates with certain higher qualifications are also eligible to appear in the CPT.
To know more about CA CPT December Eligibility Click Here
CA CPT December 2017 Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test is an objective type multiple choice questions based examination. Candidates will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium Question Paper Booklet for answering the questions. Detailed information will be found given in the Information brochure.
Subjects to be studied in CPT are as follows :
SESSION – 1 ( Two Sections – Two hours – 100 marks )
- Section A : Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 marks )
- Section B : Mercantile Laws ( 40 marks )
SESSION – II ( Two Sections – Two hours – 100 marks )
- Section C : General Economics ( 50 marks )
- Section D : Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 marks )
To appear in the Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) students have to fill separate examination application form as per the Notification / Announcement issued by the Examination Division of the Institute in this regard.
CA CPT December Online Application Form 2017
Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org from 4th October, 2017 to 25th October, 2017 and remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. It may be noted that there is no provision for acceptance of application forms after 1st November, 2017 with late fee.
The fees payable for the Common Proficiency Test is 1000 /- for centres in India 1700 /- for centres in Kathmandu ( Nepal ) and $ 300 /- for centres in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before the due date and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
To know more about CA CPT December Application Form Click Here
CA CPT December Exam Centres 2017
Places of examination centres in India
|46||DELHI / NEW DELHI||47||DHANBAD||48||DHULE|
|106||MANGALORE||107||MAPUSA (GOA)||108||MARGAO (GOA)|
Places of examination centres overseas
The Council reserves the right to withdraw any centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
To know more about CA CPT December Exam Centres Click Here
CA CPT December 2017 Syllabus
Level of Knowledge : Basic knowledge
Session – I
Section A : Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 Marks ) :
To develop conceptual understanding of the fundamentals of financial accounting system.
1. Theoretical Framework :
- Meaning and Scope of accounting
- Accounting Concepts, Principles and Conventions
- Accounting Standards – concepts, objectives, benefits
- Accounting Policies
- Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates
2. Accounting Process :
Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement :
4. Inventories :
- Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
5. Depreciation accounting :
- Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciationmethods.
6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors :
7. Accounting for Special Transactions :
- Joint Ventures
- Bills of exchange and promissory notes
- Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
8. Partnership Accounts :
- Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
9. Introduction to Company Accounts :
- Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.
Section B: Mercantile Laws ( 40 Marks ) :
- To test the general comprehension of elements of mercantile law.
- The Indian Contract Act , 1872 : An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930 : Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932 : General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm.
Session – II
Section C : General Economics ( 50 Marks ) :
- To ensure basic understanding of economic systems, economic behaviour of individuals and organizations.
( I ) Micro Economics :
1. Introduction to Micro Economics :
- Definition, scope and nature of Economics
- Methods of economic study
- Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve
2. Theory of Demand and Supply :
- Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand ─ Price, income and cross elasticity
- Theory of consumer ’s behaviour – Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach
- Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply
3. Theory of Production and Cost :
- Meaning and Factors of production
- Laws of Production – The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale
- Concepts of Costs – Short – run and long – run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
4. Price Determination in Different Markets :
- Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
- Price determination in these markets.
( II ) Indian Economic Development :
5. Indian Economy – A Profile :
- Nature of the Indian Economy
- Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth
- National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans
- Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation
6. Select Aspects of Indian Economy :
- Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth
- Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation
- Unemployment – Types, causes and incidence of unemployment
- Infrastructure – Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education
- Budget and Fiscal deficits
- Balance of payments
- External debts
7. Economic Reforms in India :
- Features of economic reforms since 1991
- Liberalisation, Privatisation and Disinvestment
8. Money and Banking :
- Money – Meaning and functions
- Commercial Banks – Role and functions
- Reserve Bank of India – Role and functions, Monetary policy
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks ) :
- To test the grasp of elementary concepts in Mathematics and Statistics and application of the same as useful quantitative tools.
1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms :
2. Equations :
Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
3. Inequalities :
- Graphs of inequalities in two variables – common region.
4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications :
5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations :
6. Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions :
7. Sets, Functions and Relations :
8. Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach :
9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus ( excluding trigonometric functions ) :
10. Statistical description of data :
- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
- Frequency Distribution.
- Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion :
- Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
12. Correlation and Regression :
13. Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation :
14. Theoretical Distributions :
- Binomial, Poisson and Normal
15. Sampling Theory :
Basic Principles of sampling theory , Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey , Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
To know more about CA CPT December Syllabus Click Here
CA CPT December Results 2017
CA CPT Exam Date
CA CPT 2017 Exam will be Conducted on 17th December, 2017.
CA CPT Result Date
CA CPT 2017 December Results likely to be declared in the month of January, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your CA CPT December Results 2017…
To know more about CA CPT Test Results Click Here
CA CPT December 2017 Important Dates
|1||Applications for admission to Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) is required to apply online at from||4th October, 2017 to 25th October, 2017|
|2||CPT acceptance of application forms late fee.||1st November, 2017|
|3||Common Proficiency Test||17th December, 2017 ( Sunday )|
To know more about CA CPT Question Papers Click Here
To know more about CA CPT FAQs Click Here
The Additional Secretary ( Exams ),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002.
Phone No. : 0120 – 3054 851,
Fax No. : 0120 – 3054 841,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.icai.org.