BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2014
|BITSAT 2014 Question Bank CD -|
BITSAT 2014 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
a) English Proficiency
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self – expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
- Content / ideas
- Idioms / Phrases
- Reconstruction ( rewording )
- Paragraph Unity
- Linkers / Connectives
b) Logical Reasoning
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
5. Verbal Reasoning
- Analogy means correspondence. In the questions based on analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives provided.
- Classification means to assort the items of a given group on the basis of certain common quality they possess and then spot the odd option out.
3. Series Completion
- Here series of numbers or letters are given and one is asked to either complete the series or find out the wrong part in the series.
4. Logical Deduction – Reading Passage
- Here a brief passage is given and based on the passage the candidate is required to identify the correct or incorrect logical conclusions.
5. Chart Logic
- Here a chart or a table is given that is partially filled in and asks to complete it in accordance with the information given either in the chart / table or in the question.
6. Nonverbal Reasoning
1. Pattern Perception
- Here a certain pattern is given and generally a quarter is left blank. The candidate is required to identify the correct quarter from the given four alternatives.
2. Figure Formation and Analysis
- The candidate is required to analyze and form a figure from various given parts.
3. Paper Cutting
- It involves the analysis of a pattern that is formed when a folded piece of paper is cut into a definite design.
4. Figure Matrix
- In this more than one set of figures is given in the form of a matrix, all of them following the same rule. The candidate is required to follow the rule and identify the missing figure.
5. Rule Detection
- Here a particular rule is given and it is required to select from the given sets of figures, a set of figures, which obeys the rule and forms the correct series.
Bitsat 2014 Navigation : BITSAT 2014 Results, BITSAT 2014 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Biology Syllabus , BITSAT Syllabus for Chemistry 2014, BITSAT 2014 Chemistry Syllabus , BITSAT 2014 Physics Syllabus , BITSAT 2014 Mathematics Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Test Centres, BITSAT 2014 Test Format, BITSAT 2014 Application Form, BITSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria, BITSAT 2014 Entrance Exam, BITSAT Preparation Question Bank CD
Bitsat Related : BITSAT 2014 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus Material, BITS Pilani Entrance Exam Syllabus 2014, BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2014, BITSAT 2014 Online Exam Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus Pattern, BITSAT Test Syllabus 2014, BITS Pilani Admission Test 2014 , BITS Pilani 2014 Syllabus Details, BITSAT 2014 English Proficiency Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus Portion, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus PDF, BITS Pilani 2014 Syllabus for English, BITSAT 2014 Syllabus Curriculum, BITSAT 2014 Detailed Syllabus, BITSAT 2014 Logical Reasoning Syllabus, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test Syllabus 2014,
BITSAT 2014 Syllabus for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – BITSAT 2014 Syllabus – BITSAT Syllabus 2014 for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – BITSAT Admission Test Syllabus 2014
Posted In engineering entrance exam : bitsat : Leave a response for bitsat english proficiency and logical reasoning syllabus 2014 by sudha