BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2013
|BITSAT 2013 Online Mock Test / Free Trial -|
BITSAT 2013 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
a) English Proficiency
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self – expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
- Reconstruction (rewording)
- Paragraph Unity
- Linkers / Connectives
b) Logical Reasoning
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
5. Verbal Reasoning
- Analogy means correspondence. In the questions based on analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives provided.
- Classification means to assort the items of a given group on the basis of certain common quality they possess and then spot the odd option out.
3. Series Completion
- Here series of numbers or letters are given and one is asked to either complete the series or find out the wrong part in the series.
4. Logical Deduction – Reading Passage
- Here a brief passage is given and based on the passage the candidate is required to identify the correct or incorrect logical conclusions.
5. Chart Logic
- Here a chart or a table is given that is partially filled in and asks to complete it in accordance with the information given either in the chart / table or in the question.
6. Nonverbal Reasoning
1. Pattern Perception
- Here a certain pattern is given and generally a quarter is left blank. The candidate is required to identify the correct quarter from the given four alternatives.
2. Figure Formation and Analysis
- The candidate is required to analyze and form a figure from various given parts.
3. Paper Cutting
- It involves the analysis of a pattern that is formed when a folded piece of paper is cut into a definite design.
4. Figure Matrix
- In this more than one set of figures is given in the form of a matrix, all of them following the same rule. The candidate is required to follow the rule and identify the missing figure.
5. Rule Detection
- Here a particular rule is given and it is required to select from the given sets of figures, a set of figures, which obeys the rule and forms the correct series.
Bitsat 2013 Navigation : BITSAT 2013 Results, BITSAT 2013 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Biology Syllabus , BITSAT 2013 Syllabus for Chemistry, BITSAT 2013 Chemistry Syllabus , BITSAT 2013 Physics Syllabus , BITSAT 2013 Mathematics Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Test Centres, BITSAT 2013 Test Format, BITSAT 2013 Application Form, BITSAT 2013 Eligibility Criteria, BITSAT 2013 Entrance Exam, BITSAT Preparation Question Bank CD
Bitsat Related : BITSAT 2013 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Syllabus Material, BITS Pilani 2013 Exam Syllabus, BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2013, BITSAT 2013 Study Material, BITSAT 2013 Online Exam Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Engineering Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Test Syllabus, BITS Pilani 2013 Admission Syllabus, BITS Pilani 2013 Syllabus Details, BITSAT 2013 English Proficiency Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Syllabus Portion, BITSAT 2013 Integrated Course Syllabus, BITS Pilani 2013 Syllabus for English, BITS Pilani 2013 Entrance Exam Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Syllabus Curriculum, BITSAT 2013 Examination Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Detailed Syllabus, BITSAT 2013 Logical Reasoning Syllabus, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Syllabus 2013,
BITSAT 2013 Syllabus for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – 2013 BITSAT Syllabus for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – BITSAT Syllabus 2013 for English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
Posted In engineering entrance exam : bitsat : Leave a response for bitsat english proficiency and logical reasoning syllabus 2013 by sudha