BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2017
|BITSAT 2017 Question Bank CD -|
|Home||Entrance Exam||Eligibility||Application Form||Exam Pattern||Test Centres|
|Syllabus||Mathematics Syllabus||Physics Syllabus||Chemistry Syllabus||Biology Syllabus||Results|
BITSAT 2017 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
a) English Proficiency :
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self – expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
1. Grammar :
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
2. Vocabulary :
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
- Content / ideas
- Idioms / Phrases
- Reconstruction ( rewording )
4. Composition :
- Paragraph Unity
- Linkers / Connectives
b) Logical Reasoning
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
5. Verbal Reasoning :
- Analogy means correspondence. In the questions based on analogy, a particular relationship is given and another similar relationship has to be identified from the alternatives provided.
- Classification means to assort the items of a given group on the basis of certain common quality they possess and then spot the odd option out.
3. Series Completion
- Here series of numbers or letters are given and one is asked to either complete the series or find out the wrong part in the series.
4. Logical Deduction – Reading Passage
- Here a brief passage is given and based on the passage the candidate is required to identify the correct or incorrect logical conclusions.
5. Chart Logic
- Here a chart or a table is given that is partially filled in and asks to complete it in accordance with the information given either in the chart / table or in the question.
6. Nonverbal Reasoning :
1. Pattern Perception :
- Here a certain pattern is given and generally a quarter is left blank. The candidate is required to identify the correct quarter from the given four alternatives.
2. Figure Formation and Analysis :
- The candidate is required to analyze and form a figure from various given parts.
3. Paper Cutting :
- It involves the analysis of a pattern that is formed when a folded piece of paper is cut into a definite design.
4. Figure Matrix :
- In this more than one set of figures is given in the form of a matrix, all of them following the same rule. The candidate is required to follow the rule and identify the missing figure.
5. Rule Detection :
- Here a particular rule is given and it is required to select from the given sets of figures, a set of figures, which obeys the rule and forms the correct series.
Bitsat 2017 Navigation : BITSAT Results 2017, BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2017, BITSAT 2017 Biology Syllabus, BITSAT Syllabus for Chemistry 2017, BITSAT Chemistry Syllabus 2017, BITSAT 2017 Physics Syllabus , BITSAT Mathematics Syllabus 2017, BITSAT Syllabus 2017, BITSAT Test Centres 2017, BITSAT Exam Pattern 2017, BITSAT Application Form 2017, BITSAT Eligibility 2017, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test - BITSAT 2017, BITSAT Preparation Question Bank CD
Bitsat Related : BITSAT 2017 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus, BITSAT 2017 Syllabus Material, BITS Pilani Entrance Exam Syllabus 2017, BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2017, BITSAT 2017 Online Exam Syllabus, BITSAT 2017 Syllabus Pattern, BITSAT Test Syllabus 2017, BITS Pilani Admission Test 2017 , BITS Pilani 2017 Syllabus Details, BITSAT 2017 English Proficiency Syllabus, BITSAT 2017 Syllabus Portion, BITSAT 2017 Syllabus PDF, BITS Pilani 2017 Syllabus for English, BITSAT 2017 Syllabus Curriculum, BITSAT 2017 Detailed Syllabus, BITSAT 2017 Logical Reasoning Syllabus, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test Syllabus 2017,
Home Entrance Exam Eligibility Application Form Exam Pattern Test Centres Syllabus Mathematics Syllabus Physics Syllabus Chemistry Syllabus Biology Syllabus Results BITSAT 2017 English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning Syllabus a) English Proficiency : This test is designed to assess the test … Continue reading
Posted In engineering entrance exam : bitsat : Leave a response for bitsat english proficiency and logical reasoning syllabus 2017 by nirmala