|GK 2015 Question Bank CD -|
|S. No||Cell Organelles||Functions|
|(e) Lysosomes||(i) Store enzymes for the digestion of cellular components and bring|
about digestion of proteins and carbohydrates etc.
|(ii) Bring about digestion of foreign substances entering the cell.|
|(f) Ribosomes||Act as factories of the cell and synthesize proteins from amino acids.|
|(g) Plastids||(i) In presence of light, green plastids or chloroplasts manufacture|
carbohydrates from water and carbon dioxide.
|(ii) Chromoplasts give different colours to the structures in which these|
|(a) Nuclear membrane||(i) Protects the nucleus|
|(ii) Regulates the passage of substances entering and leaving the nucleus.|
|(b) Nucleolus||Stores ribosomal RNA and controls synthesis of ribosomes and proteins.|
|(c) Chromatin or nuclear material||(i) Controls nuclear metabolism and cell metabolism.|
|(ii) Stores hereditary information|
|(iii) Inherits characters from parents to off-springs.|
- Each command is headed by Vice Admiral.
- The Navy is headed by the Chief of the Naval Staff of the rank of Admiral.
- The first Aircraft Carrier of Indian Navy was INS Vikrant. India’s largest Aircraft carrier is INS Viraat. After retirement of Vikrant, Viraat is the main guard of Indian coastline. It was commissioned in 1987 and will continue in service till 2010.
- INS Chakra was India’s first nuclear submarine.
- INS Vibhuti was India’s first indigenously built missile boat launched at Mazgaon docks in Mumbai.
- INS Savitri was India’s first warship fabricated at Hindustan Shipyard Limited in 1990.
- INS Shakti was India’s first indigenously built submarine.
- INS Delhi is India’s largest and most sophisticated indigenously built worship. It was launched in 1991 at Mazgaon docks and commissioned in 1997.
- INS Kadamba is India’s largest naval base situated at Karwar, Karnataka. It was commissioned in 2005 under the project ‘Seabird’.
- INS Talwar is first of the three high – tech stealth frigates built by Russia for Indian navy.
- Nilgiri is India’s first indigenous stealth frigate. It was built at Mazgaon dockyard.
- INS Prahar is world’s fastest missile ship, commissioned in 1997.
- INS Mysore is Indian navy’s most modernized indigenously built warship, commissioned in 1999.
- INS Beas, the advanced guided missile frigate, was commissioned in 2005.
|Mother Tongue||% of Total Population|