CSIR UGC NET 2017 Entrance Exam
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research ( CSIR ) invites admission Application for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Entrance Exam Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility
M.Sc or equivalent degree / Integrated BS – MS / BS – 4 years / BE / BTech / BPharma / MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC – Non Creamy layer candidates ( Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in ) and 50% for SC / ST, Persons with disability ( PwD ) candidates.
Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited ( RA ) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format ( Given at the reverse of the application form ) duly certified by the Head of the Department / Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
BSc ( Hons ) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS – PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC ( Non Creamy layer ) candidates; 50% marks for SC / ST, Persons with disability ( PwD ) candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks, as applicable.
Age Limit & Relaxation
For JRF ( NET ) : Maximum 28 years as on 1st July, 2017 ( upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non creamy layer ) / Persons with disability ( PwD ) and female applicants ) .
For LS ( NET ) : No upper age limit.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
Subjects of the Test
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under :
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The pattern for the Single Paper MCQ test shall be as given below :
- The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks. The exam shall be for duration of three hours. The question paper shall be divided in three parts.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall be a test containing a maximum of 20 questions of General Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions of two marks each. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.
- Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional MCQs. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200. The maximum number of questions to be attempted shall be in the range of 20-35.
- Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 100 out of 200.
- Negative marking for wrong answers.
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 17th December, 2017 as under :
|2||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|Morning Session||9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
Subject wise schedule of examination will be notified later on. The subject – wise Schedule, date and timing of the Test is liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minutes before the schedule time of start of the examination. The question paper booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the start of the exam ( i.e not before 12.00 noon in the morning session / 5.00 PM in the afternoon session ) . These candidates are permitted to take their Question Booklet with them at the end of the scheduled time of exam.
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet / Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid / eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet otherwise that particular answer will not be evaluated.
The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidates opting or English medium will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Online Application Form
How to apply
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Online Application Form Available Website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan (or) RTGS / NEFT through any bank ( Bank account details are required to be filled in the Indian Bank challan form to be downloaded from online application system ) :
|1||General||1000 / -|
|2||Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) - Non Creamy Layer||500 / -|
|3||SC / ST / Persons with disability ( PwD )||250 / -|
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in ) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC – Non Creamy Layer ( NCL ) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
Apply through Online Application
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Proforma from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee ( strictly as per their category ) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website carefully.
Candidates must write their name, father / mother’s name as written in their Matriculation ( X Class Board ) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form. All Caste / PwD Certificates shall be strictly as per Govt. of India instructions. The validity of OBC certificates ( Non-creamy layer ) shall be governed as per Govt. of India instructions.
After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. In the event of candidate qualifying the JRF / LS NET exam, certificate will be issued strictly
on the basis of information provided by the candidate in his / her online application form.
After successful submission of Online Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print ( hard copy ) of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
A candidate should not submit more than one application. If a candidate submits more than one application either for the same subject or for different subject, none of the applications of such candidate will be entertained.
Note : Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his / her recent passport size photograph, put his / her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope superscribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to the following address so as to reach on or before 23rd September, 2017 ( 3rd October, 2017 for remote areas ).
The Deputy Secretary ( Exam),
Human Resource Development Group,
Examination Unit, CSIR Complex,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi – 110012.
Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on website ( www.csirhrdg.res.in ) tentatively between 23rd to 29th November, 2017 and afterwards their request shall not be considered.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Application Form Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Submission
Submission of Application Form
The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the following address so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 23rd September, 2017.
Deputy Secretary ( Exam ) ,
Human Resource Development Group,
CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi 110012.
For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J & K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before 3rd October, 2017.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Important points
- While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures / guidelines for this test.
- While applying Online, apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush.
- Ensure that completed Hard Copy of Online application alongwith requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
- List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on our website tentatively on 17th November, 2017. The candidates must refer to our website for checking their registration in time & for having updates from time to time.
- Facility for downloading e – Admission Certificates to the registered candidates will be provided on our website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No paper Admission Certificate will be sent by post. No duplicate e – admission certificate shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
- The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be supplied bilingual Question Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
- The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the required qualifying Exam may apply under Result Awaited ( RA ) category & submit attestation format as given in the application form.
- More than one application form from a candidate opting different subject ( s ) will not be accepted in any case.
- Candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate, he / she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him / her. No change in the entries made in the original application form will be allowed under any circumstances at later stage.
- No relevant column of the application form should be left blank. Incomplete or defective applications shall be summarily rejected.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 Hours from the start of the exam.
- The candidates will be permitted to take their Question Booklet and also the carbonless duplicate copy of OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination for their reference / record.
- The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Question Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
- No individual intimation by any mode will be sent to the candidates.
- Hard copy of the online Application alongwith the enclosure(s) should be sent in their own envelope after super scribing the Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code & online generated application No. on top of the envelope.
- OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List ( as available on NCBC website ) and are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC Non Creamy Layer ( NCL ) shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes and shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age & fee concession etc. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Application Submission Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Centres
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below :
A candidate may opt for any of the above centres. No request for change of centre would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in this unit latest by 20th October, 2017. If sufficient number of candidates do not opt for any of the above Centres, that particular Centre may stand deleted from the above list OR otherwise also, the concerned candidates may be allotted another Centre nearest to their place of residence, at the discretion of CSIR. No TA / DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test, in any circumstances.
CSIR UGC NET December 2017 Syllabus
CSIR UGC ( NET ) Exam for Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship
CSIR UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by Syllabus 2017
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Chemical Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Earth Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Life Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Mathematical Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Physical Sciences
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Syllabus Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Results
CSIR UGC NET Exam Date
CSIR UGC NET December 2017 Exam will be conducted on Date 17th December, 2017.
CSIR UGC NET Result Date
CSIR UGC NET Result is likely to be declared in the month of January, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your CSIR UGC NET Results 2017…
To know more about CSIR UGC NET Results Click Here
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Start of Online Submission of Application Form and Fee |
deposit through Bank Challan
|23rd August, 2017|
|2||Date of close of deposit of fee ( at All stations )||15th September, 2017|
|3||Date of close of On - Line submission of Applications |
( at All stations )
|16th September, 2017|
|4||Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online |
application in the Examination Unit
|23rd September, 2017|
|5||Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online |
application in the Examination Unit ( from remote areas )
|3rd October, 2017|
|6||Last Date for receipt of written request for change of |
Examination Centre only on merit basis
|20th October, 2017|
|7||Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered |
for test on CSIR, HRDG website
|17th November, 2017|
|8||Last date for accepting of representation about |
non-registration for this test
|23rd November, 2017|
|9||Issue of e - Admission Certificate to registered candidates||1st Week of December, 2017|
|10||Date of Single MCQ Examination||17th December, 2017|
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research,
Human Resource Development Group,
Examination Unit, CSIR Complex,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi – 110 012, India,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fax : + 91 – 011 – 2584 0887,
EPABX Lines : + 91 – 011 – 25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729.
Website : www.csirhrdg.res.in