|Home||Entrance Exam||Eligibility||Application Form||Application Submission||Chemical Syllabus|
|Earth Syllabus||Life Syllabus||Mathematics Syllabus||Physics Syllabus||Syllabus||Results|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
Subjects of the Test
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under :
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The pattern for the Single Paper MCQ test shall be as given below :
- The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks. The exam shall be for duration of three hours. The question paper shall be divided in three parts.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall be a test containing a maximum of 20 questions of General Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions of two marks each. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.
- Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional MCQs. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200. The maximum number of questions to be attempted shall be in the range of 20-35.
- Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 100 out of 200.
- Negative marking for wrong answers.
The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 17th December, 2017 as under :
|2||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|Morning Session||9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||2:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
Subject wise schedule of examination will be notified later on. The subject – wise Schedule, date and timing of the Test is liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minutes before the schedule time of start of the examination. The question paper booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the start of the exam ( i.e not before 12.00 noon in the morning session / 5.00 PM in the afternoon session ) . These candidates are permitted to take their Question Booklet with them at the end of the scheduled time of exam.
Candidates should use only black ball point pen and not pencil to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet / Question Paper Booklet and also to darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet. Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out or use whitener fluid / eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet otherwise that particular answer will not be evaluated.
The Question Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be given bilingual Question Booklet and Candidates opting or English medium will be given Question Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.