Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Research Scholarship 2011
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Foundation offers one or two scholarships each year for Full – Time Post – Graduate Research in one of the Allied Health Sciences.
The award is for up to two years at an Australian tertiary institution with appropriate facilities for postgraduate research.
The Foundation has a preference for applications from graduates in the disciplines of clinical psychology, nutrition, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology but applications from graduates of other allied health disciplines pursuing a PhD in that field will also be considered.
The scholarship will be open to persons who are working as Full – Time students in a research only PhD Program which is likely to be completed during the two year tenure of the scholarship.
The applicant will therefore generally have completed the first stage of the PhD project.
The successful applicant will be expected to take up the scholarship during the calendar year 2011.
The purpose of the scholarship is to try to improve the health of Australians by supporting an outstanding applicant from one of the non – medical allied health disciplines, or from an applicant who is working directly in applied clinical research. Projects in laboratory sciences will not be supported.
- The primary criterion is that of academic excellence, assessed on the basis of the candidate’s tertiary performance and publication record.
Applicants should list the papers which they have authored and which have been published (or accepted for publication) in refereed journals. This should not include abstracts or papers in preparation.
- Ethics committee approval is a prior condition of award.
- The selection committee will also give preference to persons who are likely to make a contribution to the further development of the allied health sciences in Australia.
- Applicants must provide a specific research proposal, developed in consultation with the postgraduate supervisor at the institution where the award is tenable.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full – time students. The “full – time” criterion means that the applicant should spend not more than 10% of time in clinical practice – unless the clinical practice is providing the subjects for the research project.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens of at least five years standing at the time of application.
- The scholarship may not normally be held concurrently with any other award.
Please forward one original copy and one photocopy of the completed application form, a recent photograph, and a certified copy of your Academic Transcript (s), to :
The General Manager,
The Menzies Foundation,
210 Clarendon Street,
East Melbourne Vic 3002,
Applications must arrive on or before 30 June, 2010.