The Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship
The Trustees of the Education Trust of the Australian Federation of Graduate Women – NSW Inc. invite applications from women enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at the University of Sydney, or have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and be enrolled for a doctorate at another university within NSW, for the Tempe Mann Travelling Scholarship 2010.
The Scholarship is awarded to a woman to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field, at an overseas university or equivalent organisation.
Value : The Scholarship for 2010 will be $47, 500.
The award will be applied to the cost of the successful applicant’s expenses incurred in the designated study program.
The scholarship will be taken up in 2011 for a period to be agreed by the Trustees.
- Be enrolled as a research masters or doctoral degree student at the University of Sydney, or have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and be enrolled for a doctorate at another university within NSW.
- Have proof of acceptance by the overseas university (or equivalent organisation) at which she proposes to study.
- Establish the necessity for overseas study / research.
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in Sydney in October / November.
Closing Date :
- Completed Online Application Form should be submitted to the AFGW – NSW Inc by 30 September, 2010. No applications will be considered after this date.
- The Trustees hope to announce the award of the Scholarship in December, 2010.