UWA China Scholarships for Phd in Philosophy
The University of Western Australia Joint PhD Scholarships
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and The University of Western Australia (UWA) are offering Postgraduate Research Scholarships each year to students from the People’s Republic of China who intend to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at UWA.
UWA will provide a scholarship for tuition fees and health insurance for selected students and the CSC will consider the applications of these students for a living allowance as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government, a return airfare to Australia by the most economical route, and visa application fees.
Only applicants intending to enrol in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program are eligible. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the program, they will be conferred with a Doctor of Philosophy Degree by UWA.
Eligibility Criteria :
China Scholarships will only be available to those applicants who :
- Will be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- Are not be currently working or studying abroad (outside the People’s Republic of China).
- Agree to return to China upon completion of their studies and / or research.
- Are awarded an unconditional offer of enrolment at The University of Western Australia, which is subject to the applicant also being successful in applying for a CSC award. They must therefore fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by The University of Western Australia for all international scholarship holders, including a high level of English language proficiency.
- Have completed an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test and achieved the minimum results – an overall score of 6.5, with speaking and listening no less than 6.0, and reading and writing no less than 6.5.
- Achieved an IELTS Score of 7.5 for Law, with speaking and listening no less than 7.0, and with reading and writing no leass than 7.5.
- Or have completed an IBT TOEFL test and achieved minimum results an overall score of 95, with 23 for writing, 24 for speaking and 22 for reading and listening.
- Or a P – B TOEFL with an overall score of 580, with 45 in the Test of Spoken English and a Test of Written English of no less than 4.5.
Application Process and Time Scale :
Applications open on Monday, 23 August, 2010, and close on Friday, 15 October, 2010. These scholarships will be for study in semester 2, 2011 or semester 1 2012.
If you meet all admission requirements and are selected to receive a tuition fee scholarship from The University of Western Australia (UWA), then you will receive an offer letter.
You must then apply to the CSC for your living allowance by the relevant closing date, including your offer from UWA with your application.
Please check with your home University and CSC agents for the closing date of CSC applications from your area.
Successful applicants will normally be expected to start their PhD study program at UWA within 12 months of the scholarship being awarded.
Contact Address :
Related to the University of Western Australia :
Graduate Research & Scholarships Office,
The University of Western Australia (M358),
35 Stirling Highway, Crawley,
Western Australia – 6009,
Phone No : +61 8 6488 2807,
Fax No : +61 8 6488 1919,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au.
Related to CSC Scholarship :
Division of Cooperation and Consultancy,
China Scholarship Council,
Level 13, Building A3, Five Buildings,
No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue,
Beijing – 100 044,
P. R. China,
Phone No : +86 – (0) 10 6609 3967,
Fax : +86 – (0) 10 6609 3963,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://en.csc.edu.cn.