University of Technology Sydney – UTS Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship
University of Technology,
The Bachelor of Accounting is a co – operative education program, being a three – way partnership between the sponsor organisations, UTS and the students.
All students in the Bachelor of Accounting program receive a generous income tax – exempt Scholarship per Year for 3 Years (subject to Recruitment Incentive being paid out), paid in fortnightly instalments.
Scholarship payments are :
- $13, 500 for the 1st Year of the course.
- $14, 000.00 for the 2nd Year of the course.
- $7, 250.00 for the first half of the 3rd Year of the course.
Recruitment Incentive $7, 250.00 for the second half of the 3rd Year of the course if applicable. In addition, all students who are recruited by a sponsor organisation in their final Year of study will receive a Recruitment Incentive bonus, and any student who has to move home in order to join the course in Sydney will receive a Relocation Allowance.
The Bachelor of Accounting is only open to Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia.
We welcome applications from recent school leavers all over Australia – the course is not just for Sydney students.
Note that you can’t do both BAcc and a cadetship. If you are interested in pursuing both, read our information regarding cadetships.
You must obtain a credit average to continue in the program.
Selection Criteria :
Entry to the Bachelor of Accounting is very competitive and is not based on UAI score alone.
Selection Criteria are as follows :
- High interest in an accounting – based career.
- Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career – communication skills, inter – personal skills, team – working skills, problem – solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication.
- Involvement and achievement in a range of activities and interests.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities or potential.
- Academic ability (UAI of 95 highly desirable but not essential).
- Selection of applicants for interview will be based on all 5 of these criteria, as demonstrated in the record of achievements set out in the written Application Form.
- Selection of applicants for an offer will be based on the report of the interview panel – with the interview being focused on selection criteria 1 and 2 – and final UAI achieved (selection criteria 5).
Value : $42,000.00.
Duration : 3 Years.
Number per Year : 30 offers.
Application Form :
Applications to the Bachelor of Accounting are made through the NSW & ACT University Admissions Centre (UAC) – see the UAC Guide, available from all High Schools.
You must nominate the BAcc course (code 601 010) as one of your UAC preferences, before the end of September.
In addition, a separate Bachelor of Accounting Application Form must also be submitted direct to UTS. These Forms are available from High School Careers Advisers from May each Year, or they can be obtained by contacting the UTS Information Office (telephone (02) 9514 1222), or you can download the 2010 Form from Bachelor of Accounting website : http://www.business.uts.edu.au/bofacc/.
Closing Dates :
Round 1 applications close on Friday 11 June, 2010.
All applicants are advised to apply in Round 1. We will be interviewing short – listed applicants in July and making recommendations for offers in July also.
If you will be applying for accounting cadetships or traineeships, or if you are going to be on holiday in November, then a Round 1 application is essential.
Round 2 applications close on Friday 29 October, 2010. Round 2 is for late applicants, who only come to consider BAcc as a course preference after the close of on – time UAC applications. Places for Round 2 applicants will be limited.
Contact Address :
Phone No : +61 2 9514 3579,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://www.business.uts.edu.au/bofacc/index.html.
Postal Address :
School of Accounting,
UTS, PO Box 123,
Broadway NSW 2007,