University of Western Australia Post Graduate Research Scholarships 2010
UWA Postgraduate Research Scholarships for Local Students
The University of Western Australia has a range of postgraduate research scholarships available for local (domestic) students, including Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA), University Postgraduate Awards (UPA) and prestigious University scholarships funded from bequests.
These awards are tenable at The University of Western Australia for up to two years for Masters by research candidates and three years for Doctoral candidates. PhD scholarships may be extended to a maximum of three and a half years.
To be eligible to apply for postgraduate research scholarships an applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a New Zealand citizen.
An applicant must also:
- Have obtained, or expect to obtain at least an upper division Second Class Honours degree* or equivalent;
- Be undertaking or intend to enrol in a Masters by Research or Doctoral degree in 2010;
- Be enrolling as a full-time student. Approval may be given for a part-time award where an applicant is able to demonstrate heavy care commitments or a medical condition which would preclude full-time study;
- Not have completed a degree at the same level or higher level as the proposed candidature;
- Not expect to receive another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed study which is greater than 75% of the stipend rate;
- Be free to take up a postgraduate award if offered, by 31 March 2010. Special approval may be granted on written application for a later commencement date for candidates with unavoidable commitments but any awards offered will lapse if not taken up before 30 June 2010.
Applications Close: Friday 30th October 2009