The Hitachi Foundation is inviting applicants for its Hitachi Scholarship Research Support Program. The scholarship is available for faculty members of eligible universities in Southeast Asia. The Hitachi Foundation is an independent, nonprofit philanthropic organization founded in 1985 with an endowment from Hitachi, Ltd.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- Energy, Environment
- Urban Development, Transportation
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Maintenance allowance : 180,000 yen per month (6,000 yen per day)
- Travel expenses : Economy class round-trip airfare ticket between the nearest airport of the grantee’s university and the airport in Japan, and travel expenses between the airport in Japan and the place of the grantee’s research affiliation, including expenses to visit the Foundation.
Hitachi Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- PhD holder
- Faculty member of one of the eligible universities
- Under the age of 46 as of October 31, 2017
Nationality: Applicants of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines and Vietnam can apply for the scholarship.
Hitachi Scholarship Application form
- Application Form : Typewritten in English (Handwriting is not accepted) in original Microsoft Word format. (Do not convert into any other format.)
- Photograph : Approx. 4.5cm x 3.5cm size, taken within the past 6 months.
- Certificate of PhD : In English, or with an English translation attached. PDF scanned format. (Photocopies will not be accepted).
- Letter of Recommendation : From the head or dean of the faculty to which the applicant belongs.
- Letter of Acceptance : From the host scientist of the Japanese university or research institution where the applicant wishes to conduct research.
- Papers Submitted by Applicant : For the selection committee to refer to in evaluating the (Submit no more than three papers)
- E-mail address : hitachizaidan-at-hdq.hitachi.co.jp
Hitachi Scholarship Application deadline date
- The application deadline is – 16th October, 2017.
- Notification of Result – May 2018
Hitachi Scholarship, The Hitachi Global Foundation
Telephone No : +81-3-5221-6679
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.