PhD Fellowships in Agro Biodiversity
PhD Programs in Agrobiodiversity is aimed at the enhancement of human resource capacities in the use and Management of genetic variation in agricultural and natural systems, in order to improve the sustainability of agricultural systems and the conservation of genetic resources for the well-being of present and future generations.
The Programme is structured in the following curricula :
- Curriculum A – Plant Genetic Resources : Teaching and research activities take place in ENEA Research Center at La Casaccia, a few kilometres from Rome.
- Curriculum B – Functional Biodiversity in Agro ecosystems : Teaching and research activities take place in Pisa, at SantAnna School of Advanced Studies.
Admission Requirements for PhD Fellowships
- Possession of a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree or equivalent title in Experimental Sciences, at an Italian or foreign university and ssession of a Degree awarded after, at least, a four-year course in Experimental Sciences.
- To be younger than 35 years (date of birth after 15 July 1975), older than 35 may be exceptionally admitted by the Admission Committee.
Positions and Grants :
6 positions with 6 fellowships (the net amount is 12.500, all inclusive): the first 4 (four) eligible candidates of Curriculum A and the first 2 (two) eligible candidates of Curriculum B will be awarded a scholarship.
The School may also admit eligible candidates up to a maximum number of 6 positions.
PhD Fellowships Application and attachments
Enclosures to the hard copy of the applications :
1. The copy of a valid identity document. Non Schengen area citizens will have to provide a photocopy of their passport
2. Copy of their curriculum vitae et studiorum
3. Photocopy of the candidates university degree or equivalent. University degree and study certificates (except those written in English, French, German, Portuguese or Spanish) must be translated into Italian and legalized by an Italian Embassy or Consulate.
4. The results of the English language proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS or CPE) or other documents certifying the knowledge of the English language
5. Copy of the proposed doctoral research project, including :
- State of art with relevant literature (max 1 page)
- General and specific research objectives (max 2 pages)
- Materials and methods (max 2 pages)
- Expected results (max 1 page)
- Time schedule of activities
6. The indication of candidates major skills (choose maximum three fields, using numbers (1, 2, 3) to indicate the primary, secondary and tertiary fields) among the following :
- Agronomy/cropping systems
- Crop/Plant Ecology
- Crop/Plant Physiology
- Genomics and/or Proteomics
- Plant Molecular Biology
- Plant Pathology
- Weed Science
- Other (specify)
7. At least two letters of presentation from former supervisors
8. One passport-size photograph with the name printed on the back
9. Any document and/or publication that the candidate deems worthy of consideration, including any association with research institutions
10. A numbered list of the documents attached.
Agro Biodiversity PhD Fellowships Application Deadline
- Application Deadline for Agro Biodiversity PhD Fellowships is October, 2018