Branz Building Research Scholarships
BRANZ Group allocates funds to assist students with outstanding academic credentials to research in fields that are deemed to be of importance to the construction sector.
The list of preferred areas of expertise to be funded is revised at regular intervals. The following list of topics is not exclusive, and proposals to address other topics are welcome, especially if they align well to the New Zealand Construction Industry Council research agenda or to BRANZ 2017 Research and Information Agenda. If you have a very good academic record and a project you think will be of value to our sector, please enquire whether you are eligible.
Branz Building Research Scholarships Eligibility
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence and have been accepted by an accredited New Zealand tertiary institution.
We recommend applicants read the application template in full and address all questions. In particular, why the research is needed, and what potential difference it will make for the building and construction industry.
Please be advised of the following
- Successful candidates are expected to study full-time, unless otherwise agreed to by BRANZ.
- Funding to an individual student for PhD studies is limited to 3 years.
- Award recipients will liaise with us throughout the scholarship duration.
- Applicants should be able to meet the expectations of wide transfer to the building and construction sector of the results of their research.
- A scholarship awarded under this scheme carries no connotation of employment by BRANZ Group during the period of the award or at its conclusion.
- If your application is successful, you will also be required to submit a project plan indicating proposed milestones, which must be agreed by BRANZ before the first payment is made. Progress against this plan will need to be certified by your supervisor and communicated through progress updates.
Allocations at master’s and PhD level will generally be:
- Master’s – $20,000 in total for degree
- Doctorate – $25,000 per year for up to 3 years
Branz Building Research Scholarships Application form
How to apply
Please complete a Scholarship Application Template.
- We accept scholarship applications throughout the year. While we will consider out-of-cycle applications carefully, we envisage a sizeable proportion of the scholarship funding will be allocated in the above funding rounds, with instalments beginning around March of the following year. Applicants are therefore welcome to apply throughout the year but encouraged to apply within the round timeframe wherever possible to maximise their chances of success.
- Applicants should ensure there is a month available to BRANZ for consideration before any closing date set by any co-funding agency.
Where appropriate successful applicants will be introduced to an industry supervisor. This will give the successful applicant the opportunity to develop professional connections in their chosen research area, while helping to keep industry informed of their findings.
For further information or to submit your application contact research.
Branz Building Research Scholarships Application date
- Applications are officially accepted now through to 5pm, Monday 11th December, 2017.
- We will respond to applicants by the end of January, 2019.
- We will also accept a second wave of applications by 5pm, Monday 26th February, 2018. NB: There may be reduced scholarship allocation available by this time so we recommend applicants apply in December in the first instance.
Moonshine Road, Judgeford,
Porirua City 5381, New Zealand
Phone No : +64 4 237 1170
Fax No : +64 4 237 1171
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : https://www.branz.co.nz
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.