UGC NET Entrance Exam 2018
On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test(NET) on 8th July, 2018 (SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges
CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected Cities of Examination spread across the country.
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF. Candidate appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR only for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities / colleges / state governments, as the case may be.
The result of the UGC NET to be held on 8th July, 2018 will be made available on the websites www.cbsenet.nic.in as and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result. The candidates who qualify for the awaerd of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / Persons with Disability ( PWD ) / Other Backward Classes ( OBC )( Non creamy layer ), as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes ( NCBC ), Government of India website : www.ncbc.nic.in, candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC.
Junior Research Fellowship
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities / IITs / institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M.Phil. / Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Exam Details – Click Here
UGC NET Eligibility 2018
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non creamy layer / Scheduled Caste( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) / persons with disability ( PWD ) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks ( without rounding off ) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship / eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks ( 50% marks in case of OBC ( Non – creamy layer / SC / ST / PWD ( persons with disability ) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 ( irrespective of date of declaration of result ) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55% to 50% ) for appearing in NET.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject.
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form ( Confirmation Page ) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC / CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
Candidates having post graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org )
UGC NET 2018 Age Limit & Relaxation
Junior Research Fellowship : Not more than 28 years as on 1st July, 2018. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC ( Non creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website : www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC / ST / PWD categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant / related subject of postgraduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above grounds shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
Assistant Professor : There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Exemption ( UGC Eligibility for Assistant Professor ) 2018
NET / SET / SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET / SET / SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
The candidates who have passed the UGC / CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
For SET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test ( SET ) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1stJune 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities / colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria – Click Here
UGC NET 2018 Exam Scheme
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 08th July, 2018 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are |
|1 Hour ( 09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M .) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions all are |
|2 Hours ( 11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M. ) IST|
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate
All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III ( including all electives, without options ).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader ( OMR ) Sheet provided along with the test booklet..
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of UGC NET Result
This will comprise of following steps
Step I : The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for Eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of NET.
Step II : The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India.
Step III : In order to be considered for ‘Both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Eligibility for Assistant Professor Only’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories (viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer) & PWD) and Transgenders.
Step IV : The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the following methodology illustrated below
- Number of candidates to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘Economics’ (say) for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category : Number of candidates belonging to SC category who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for SC category for ‘Economics’ (×) Total slots derived for SC category as per Step II (÷)Total number of candidates belonging to SC category over all subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.
The aggregate percentage of the two papers corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for Eligibility for Assistant Professor ‘in ‘Economics’ for the SC category. Similar yardstick shall be employed for deriving the subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for all
Step V: All candidates who had applied for ‘Eligibility for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both’ out of the total number of qualified candidates derived as per Step IV, shall constitute the consideration zone for JRF.
Step VI: The total number slots available for awarding JRF is allocated among different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India. The procedure for subjectwise cum category-wise allocation of JRF slots is illustrated below
- Number of candidates to be declared qualified for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in the subject ‘Economics’ (say) for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category : Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in ‘Economics’ (say) (×) Total JRF slots available for ST category (÷)Total number of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
The aggregate percentage of the two papers corresponding to the number of JRF slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for JRF in ‘Economics’ for the ST category. Similar allocation procedure is used for all subjects and categories.It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by UGC / CBSE is final and binding.
Provisions for Persons with Disability ( Including Visually Challenged Candidates )
Twenty minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper – I and forty minutes for Paper – II separately.
The persons with minimum 40% Disability ( Physically Challenged ) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services of scribe by making prior request (at least one week before the date of UGC-NET) in writing to the concerned Centre Superintendent. Compensatory time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability ( Physically Challenged ) candidates
The candidate has the discretion of opting for his / her own scribe or has to request the concerned Centre Superintendent for the same in writing at least one week in advance of the test. In such instances the candidate is allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not. Those candidates who opt for their own scribe have to produce the scribe before the concerned Centre Superintendent along with his / her certificates of educational qualifications at least one day before the test.
There is no provision of Test Booklets in Braille for visually impaired candidates.
The candidates with disability should fill in the percentages and type of disability correctly in the online application form of NET July, 2018. The type of disabilities are mentioned as below
- Blindness and low vision
- deaf and hard of hearing
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities.
An amount of 1000/- ( Rs. One thousand only ) will be paid to the scribe by the Centre Superintendent on the day of examination for all papers.
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Exam Scheme – Click Here
UGC NET 2018 Application Form
- UGC NET July 2018 Application have to be submitted ‘Online‘ only.
How to Apply for UGC NET July 2018
Steps for submission of UGC NET Online Application Form
Candidate seeking admission to the Test ( UGC NET, July 2018 ) must apply online only on the CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in.
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images as below
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm ( width ) x 4.5 cm ( height ).
- Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm ( width ) x 1.5 cm ( height ).
After filling all the details for applying online for NET the candidates have to select the option of payment of examination fee either by credit / debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating your details therein and follow the process.
The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available on CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in. Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. CBSE will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
UGC NET General Instructions
- The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Test before filling the online application Form.
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of application form will not be accepted by CBSE.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification.
- All incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- Applications submitted on any other format ( including old UGC format ) will not be accepted.
- Printout of online application should be kept by the candidate for further reference.
- No applications can be submitted after the last date .(i.e 12th April, 2018 ) and no fee will be accepted after 13th April, 2018 in any circumstances
- The Candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that Admission Card has been issued and the candidate is allowed to appear in the test shall not imply that the Board has finally accepted his / her candidature.
- CBSE may change the city of examination or date of examination without assigning any reason.
- It may be noted that the Admission Card will be uploaded on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in in the June, 2018. The candidates are requested to ascertain their venue of the test in the mentioned in the Admission Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him / her in the admission card.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose admission card is not issued by the Board.
- The candidates should report at the examination center 30 minutes prior to commencement of examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center / hall after commencement of examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall / room before 10:00 A.M. in the 1st session, 01:00 PM in the 2nd session.
- The candidate shall have to return the original OMR Sheet of Paper I & II to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall / room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the Test Booklets of Paper-I, II along with duplicate copy ( carbon less copy ) of OMR Sheet on conclusion of examination.
- No TA will be paid to the candidates, on account of appearing at the examination etc.
- The use of calculators of Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers, electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall / Room.
- A candidate who does not appear in paper – I, will not be permitted to appear in paper – II.
- Candidates will not be allowed to write any question from the Test Booklet on the Admission Card or on any other paper.
- There are no negative marks of incorrect answers.
- The captured images of response sheets ( OMR sheets ) of the candidates appeared in NET July, 2018 and answer keys of all the papers will be displayed on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in during 4th Week of August, 2018 ( the exact dates will be notified later in the newspapers ). The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured response, may challenge by filling online application form on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in and paying a sum of 1000/- per question The challenge of answer keys will also be accepted online only through the link available on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in on payment of 1000/- per question. The fee can be paid by credit / debit card or e-challan. In case the challenge of any candidate regarding captured images of response sheets ( OMR sheets ) / answer keys is accepted, the fee will be refunded to such candidates. In all other cases the fee once paid will not be refunded. The CBSE’s decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
- The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in soon after declaration of result. Besides this, CBSE will not issue any marks sheet to qualified / non qualified candidates.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after declaration of result of NET July, 2018 will be entertained.
- There are no negative marks of incorrect answers
- The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in soon after declaration of result. Besides this, CBSE will not issue any marks sheet to qualified / non qualified candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- The decision of the CBSE shall be final in all matters.
- All legal disputes pertaining to this Test shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
UGC NET 2018 Mode of Payment
- Examination Fee for General Category is 1000/-
- Examination Fee for Other Backward Classes ( Non-creamy layer ), as per the Central list of OBC available on website is 500/-
- Examination fee for SC / ST / PwD candidate is 250/-
Mode Of Payment
The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit / debit card or through echallan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan the payment should be made in the Syndicate / Canara / ICICI Bank. In case the examination fee is paid through credit / debit card the additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit / debit card of the candidate.
- Credit card – 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card – 0.75% of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the candidate will have the option to select the mode of payment of examination fee either by credit / debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form indicating their details therein.
The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in and if the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page.
In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following
- If the fee is paid through e-challan be depositing cash in above mentioned bank, the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his / her fee status on the website.
- If the fee is paid through credit / debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to concerned credit / debit card within a week. Such candidates have to pay the fee once again.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
It may be noted that the admission card will be uploaded on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in in the third week of June, 2018. No admission cards will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their admission cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Admission Card and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center. No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him / her in the admission card.
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Application Form – Click Here
UGC NET 2018 Exam Centres
The candidates have to select any four cities of their choice for examination of NET July, 2018. The efforts will be made to allot city of examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, in some exceptional circumstances, a different city of nearby area may be allotted
UGC NET Exam Centres 2018 List
|CODE NO.||STATE||CITIES OF EXAMINATION||CODE NO.||STATE||CITIES OF EXAMINATION|
|4||ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS||PORTBLAIR||49||NAGPUR|
|7||SILCHAR ( ASSAM )||53||MANIPUR||IMPHAL|
|23||KURKSHETRA||69||SIKKIM||GANGTOK ( SIKKIM )|
|24||MURTHAL ( SONEPAT )||70||TAMIL NADU||CHENNAI|
|27||JAMMU & KASHMIR||JAMMU||73||TIRUCHIRAPALLI|
|28||SRINAGAR ( J & K )||74||TELANGANA||HYDERABAD|
|42||REWA||88||SRINAGAR ( UTTRAKHAND )|
The List of States / Union Territories along with their Respective Codes is given below
|Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre|
|01||Andhra Pradesh||10||Jammu & Kashmir||19||Odisha||28||Dadar & Nagar Havelli|
|02||Arunachal Pradesh||11||Karnataka||20||Punjab||29||Daman & Diu|
|09||Himachal Pradesh||18||Nagaland||27||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||36||Telangana|
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Exam Centres – Click Here
UGC NET Syllabus 2018
Syllabus of UGC NET Test : All questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper – II & Paper –III ( including all electives, without options ).
Syllabi for all NET subjects can be downloaded from the UGC Website www.ugc.ac.in and are also available in the libraries of all Indian Universities. CBSE will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
UGC NET 2018 Subjects
The list of NET subjects along with their respective codes is as given below
*The candidates with Master’s Degree in Geography ( with specialization in Population Studies ) or Mathematics / Statistics are also eligible to appear in the subject “Population Studies” ( Code 15 )
**The candidates with Master’s Degree in Humanities ( including languages ) and Social Sciences are eligible to appear in subject ‘Women Studies’ ( Code 74 ).
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Syllabus – Click Here
UGC NET 2018 Results
UGC NET Exam Date
UGC NET November Entrance Exam will be conducted on 8th July, 2018 ( Sunday ) .
UGC NET Result Date
UGC NET 2018 Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of August, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your UGC NET Results 2018…
To know more about UGC NET 2018 Results – Click Here
UGC NET 2018 Important Dates
|1||Online Application Form Submission||6th March, 2018|
|2||Last date for Applying Online||12th April, 2018|
|3||Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of ( Syndicate / Canara / ICICI / HDFC Bank )||13th April, 2018|
|4||Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||25th April, 2018 to 1st May, 2018|
|5||Date of Examination||8th July, 2018|
|Paper - 1||Paper - 2|
|Date of Examination||8th July, 2018 ( Sunday )||8th July, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|Entry in the |
|7:00 AM ( IST )||10:45 AM ( IST )|
|Distribution of Test |
|9:15 AM ( IST )||10.50 AM ( IST )|
|Seal of the Test Booklet |
to be broken / opened to
take out the Answer Sheet
|9:25 AM ( IST )||10.55 AM ( IST )|
|Last entry in the |
|9:30 AM ( IST )||11.00 AM ( IST )|
|Test commences||9:30 AM ( IST )||11.00 AM ( IST )|
|Test concludes||10.30 AM ( IST )||1.00 PM( IST )|