Anna University Chennai AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Anna University Chennai Admission 2019
Anna University, Chennai invites application for admission to B.E. / B.Tech. and Research Program to the academic year 2019.
Anna University Admission Eligibility 2019
BE / BTech
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination after the last date of submission of application shall not be considered.
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply
- Children of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians ( only if both parents are not alive ) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years at the time of submission of application, which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect
- Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply irrespective of their domicile
- A certificate from the employer has to be enclosed along with the application stating that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slips, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply
M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering , M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Computer Applications
- Candidates must have master’s degree or any other qualification recognized as equivalent in the fields of study that the candidate is applying to
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology of the University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent in the fields of study with a minimum of 15 years of Research and development (R & D) experience in National Research Laboratories / Public sector undertakings and with minimum of three publications in referred impact factor journals or two approved international patents in the last five years.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (50% marks or CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale for SC/ST candidates).
Anna University Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website www.annauniv.edu
BE / BTech
- Candidates can obtain the Application Form in person from the 60 centres (detailed on Anna University’s official website) by paying ₹ 500/-( ₹250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, on production of a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) towards application fee, by cash/demand draft.
- Application Forms can also be obtained by post from “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai-600025” by sending a requisition letter along with a Demand Draft for ₹ 700/- (₹ 450/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu with a photocopy of the Permanent Community Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application form is to be mailed
- The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu / tnea the procedure for registration is available in the website. All Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions” payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalised Bank.
- Candidates are instructed to write the name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet.
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (If applicable)
- 12th examination Hall Ticket (In case of pursuing)
- Refugee Certificate (If applicable)
- Demand Draft
- Register yourself with the required detail. Preview and confirm.
- Note the reference number and upload your photo.
- Pay the fee online which is one time and non-refundable.
- Enter your personal and academic details, address, experience, employment and publications.
- Under supervisor’s login enter supervisor’s and current scholar’s details
- If applicable enter the joint supervisor’s and current scholar’s details.
- Finally enter the DC/MC member details, preview all parts in PDF format and re-edit if required.
- Take the final printout. Once taken, the application is locked and no more editing is allowed.
- Consent from a recognized supervisor from a recognized department of this University is mandatory to consider the application for admission to Ph.D. programmes.
- Filled in application with all the documents required must be sent to ‘The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025’ so as to reach on or before 05 March, 2019 ( tentative ) by 05.30 p.m.
- Online fee receipt must be enclosed along with the completed application.
- Application registration fee of ₹ 800/- for General Category and ₹ 400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates.
Anna University Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- The selection of candidates for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission ( TNEA ) 2019 will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 ( Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100 in the qualifying examination ).
- For B. Arch. Programme the you should also have passed the NATA exam with a score of 80 out of 200 in addition to passing the HSC with a minimum average percentage
- Only the applications having the consent of recognized supervisor from recognized department of Anna University, Chennai are considered for admission to Ph.D. program. Other applications are summarily rejected without any notice.
- The preliminary scrutiny will be done by the Centre for Research and short list the eligible candidates. The short listed candidates shall be called for written test (to be conducted in the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai only) by the Director, Entrance Examination.
- Syllabus for the written test for various specializations will be posted in the website by the Director (Research).
- The selection shall be based on the performance of the candidate in written test, interview and the marks scored in the PG qualifying degree.
Anna University Admission Important dates 2019
|1||Advertisement / Issuance of Notification||01st May, 2019|
|2||Registration Begins||01st May, 2019|
|3||Last date to register online/make payment||31st May, 2019|
|4||Last date for download and submission of filled-in application||03rd June, 2019|
|5||Application Form ( Research Program )||15th February, 2019 - 04th March, 2019|
Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai – 600 025,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Website : www.annauniv.edu
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.