Anna University of Technology Coimbatore – AUT AdmissionAdmission Notification »
AUT Admission 2019
Anna University of Technology Coimbatore invites applications from candidates for Admission to the following UG courses for the acadmic session 2019.
AUT Courses Offered 2019
- Computer science and engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
AUT Course Eligibility 2019
- The eligibility criteria of TNEA 2019 are a set of conditions related to nativity, age, qualifying exam, etc. that each candidate needs to meet in order to be considered for admission. In such cases where the candidate doesn’t meet the prescribed TNEA 2019 eligibility criteria but still applies for admission, their applications won’t be considered. Given below are the key eligibility criteria.
- Candidates from Tamil Nadu who have passed class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII exams from the state are eligible
- Natives of Tamil Nadu who have passed any of class VIII, IX, X, XI and XII exams from schools situated outside the state of Tamil Nadu are also eligible, but have to submit Nativity Certificate.
- Wards of central government employees are also eligible if their parents are employed in TN for past five years.
- Candidates who have studied VIII-XII in the state of TN are eligible and don’t need to enclose Nativity Certificate. Children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers can also apply.
- Wards of Public Sector employees or those working in Government reecognised Institutions for past five years at the time of application submission are eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Refer table below for minimum marks required for reserved categories.
Category-wise minimum marks in Qualifying Exam:
- General Category – 50%
- Backward Class including,Backward Class Muslim – 45%
- MBC & DNC – 40%
- SC / SCA / ST – 40%
- Age Limit : There is no age limit that has been specified, except for admission to marine engineering. Candidates applying to marine engineering must not be older than 25 years as on the last day of application submission.
Other marine-engineering related eligibility criteria
Academic qualification : The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in PCM. The candidate also needs to have studied English as one of the subjects, with at least 50% marks in the subject at class 10 or 10+2.
- Height – Not less than 157 cm
- Weight – Must be minimum 48 kg
- Vision – Should have normal vision
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates
- Under this category, candidates who are not natives of Tamil Nadu, neither meets any of the nativity clauses mentioned above may apply.
- Qualifying Exam : The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 or an equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC and ST candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
AUT Seats 2019
Reservation Of Seats
- A certain proportion of sanctioned seats will be set aside for reserved categories like SC, ST and BC candidates. These seats will not be available for general category candidates. Also, only representative of that particular category will be deemed eligible for seats reserved under that category, meaning candidate from one category will not be considered under another category.
- Open Competition ( OC ) – 31%
- Backward Class ( BC ) – 26%
- Backward Class Muslim ( BCM ) – 3.5%
- Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities ( MBC & DNC ) – 20%
- Scheduled Caste – 15%
- Scheduled Caste ( Arunthathiyars ) – 3%
- Scheduled Tribes – 1%
Seat Allotment 2019
- There will be a total of five TNEA 2019 seat allotment rounds. The seat allotment result for Round I will be announced tentatively in the last week of July. Seats will be first offered on a provisional basis, with candidates having the opportunity to accept or reject the offer. The final TNEA 2019 seat allotment result would be announced later. Seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate, and selection of institute and course. Candidates who have been allotted seats seats will have the provision of up-gradation in subsequent rounds.
AUT Admission Application Form 2019
- Anna University Coimbatore admission application forms are available at the website : www.aurcc.ac.in.
- Anna University will release the application form of TNEA 2019 separately for home quota seats and other state quota seats. TNEA 2019 Application form for home quota seats will open tentatively in the 1st week of May 2019. Eligible candidates will have to fill the application form online, using correct and verifiable date and submit it before the last; applications received after last date won’t be considered.
- Registration – The candidate will have to register using valid email id and mobile number. The candidate in this step will also have to enter details pertaining nativity, religion, and communication, etc.
- Payment of application fee – The application fee is ₹ 500 /- for open, and ₹ 250 /- for SC, ST and SCA candidates from Tamil Nadu. The fee can be paid either online or offline ( demand draft ).
- Filling of personal details – In this step information related to category, nationality, and also scholarships, etc. have to be entered.
- Filling of academic information – The candidate has to enter class 10 and 10+2 marks, qualifying exam, board, etc.
- Submit the application form – The candidate has to finally check the application is complete in all respects before submitting it.
- Applications for other state candidates will open around the 3rd week of June, with the application process more or less the same.
AUT Counselling 2019
- Anna University will release a merit list of candidates who successfully complete the document verification process for TNEA 2019 counselling and seat allotment.
- Merit list candidates will have to then log-in to TNEA counselling 2019 portal and participate in choice filling; it is recommended that candidates fill as many choices as possible, in the order of priority, to have a good chance at admission.
- To participate in the choice filling process, the candidate needs to pay a initial admission fee of₹ 5000/- ( SC,ST and SCA candidates need to pay only ₹ 1000/-
- Please also note that candidates will be able to fill fresh choices for each round.
- TNEA counselling will be conducted in online mode on different days, with candidates being placed under several groups based on normalized marks of 10+2.
AUT Important Dates 2019
|1.||Online registration commences||1st week of May, 2019|
|2.||Last date to register||1st week of June, 2019|
|3.||Random Number assignment||1st week of June, 2019|
|4.||Document verification starts||2nd week of June, 2019|
|5.||Publication of Rank List||4th week of June, 2019|
|6.||Start of online choice filling and confirmation||3rd week of July, 2019|
|Important Dates for Other State Quota Seats|
|7.||Start of online registrationLast date to register||3rd week of June, 2019|
|8.||Last date to register||1st week of July, 2019|
Centre For Research,
Jothipuram ( Po ),
Coimbatore – 47,
Phone No. : 0422 – 2469056, 6546655,
Website : www.aurcc.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.