Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – BARC Admission 2016
BARC OCES/DGFS Admission 2016
Department of Atomic Energy ( DAE )
OCES and DGFS – 2016,
Dy. Establishmnet Officer,
Recruitment – IV,
BARC Training School Complex,
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://barconlineexam.in/.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – Department of Atomic Energy invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic programs 2016 :
- OCES – Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science Post Graduates ( 1 Year )
- DGFS – DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme ( 2 Years )
OCES – 2016 :
- One – Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science Post-Graduates for the year 2016 – 2017 (OCES – 2016 ) will be conducted at five BARC Training Schools situated at : Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad.
- Performance above a specified threshold in course work at the Training School will entitle TSOs to a Post-Graduate Diploma or could earn them credits towards MTech / MPhil / PhD Programs of the Homi Bhabha National Institute ( HBNI ), a Deemed to be University.
DGFS – 2016 :
- Two – Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post – Graduates for the session beginning in July / August 2016 ( DGFS – 2016 )
- Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who are selected for the BARC Training School program and who also have secured admission for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. in select institutes and specializations, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE.
- After successful completion of one-year course work at the institute, fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an institute guide.
- On successful completion of M.Tech / M.Chem.Engg. they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course ( OCDF ) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai.
- The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE : a) BARC, Mumbai b) IGCAR, Kalpakkam.
BARC Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES / DGFS – 2016 :
- Nationality : Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- For Engineering Disciplines : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. ( Engineering ) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines. It is to be noted that there is no Training discipline called „Nuclear Engineering‟ and applicants with a degree in „Nuclear Engineering‟ will be allotted RSE at the the BARC Training School, Mumbai or ME or CH at the BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam or NFC-Hyderabad, as their Training Scheme. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE score must have a valid GATE – 2015 or GATE – 2016 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics / Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, etc. are not eligible.
- For Physics Discipline : M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. or B.E. / B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree. M. Sc. candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc. Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE 2015 or GATE 2016 Score in “Physics”. Applicants having B.E. / B.Tech. in “Engineering Physics” as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE 2015 or GATE-2016 Score either in “Physics” or in “Engineering Science” .
- For Chemistry Discipline : M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. All candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE 2015 or GATE 2016 Score in “Chemistry”.
- For Biosciences Discipline : M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. ( Tech ) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE 2015 or GATE 2016 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’. Those having M.Sc. with specialisation in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
- For Radiological Safety Engineering ( RSE ) : B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.( Engg. ) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. in Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Technology / Nuclear Science & Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks or M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. Eligible M.Sc. candidates must have passed in Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. All science postgraduate candidates ( other than those applying with a five-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
- For Geology Discipline : M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology. Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. / 5-year integrated M.Tech., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech. All eligible candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree ) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. also. Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII. All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2015 or GATE-2016 Score in „Geology and Geophysics‟
- For Geophysics Discipline : M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geophysical Technology. Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech. All eligible candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree ) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. Those having MSc ( by research ) or PhD are not eligible. A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
- BARC Admission to DGFS : Candidates having a qualifying degree in the Engineering disciplines ( ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN & CE ) or in Physics ( PH ) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2016. Confirmation of M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by 4th July, 2016. Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
BARC Admission Age Limit ( Age as on 1st August, 2016 ) :
- General Category – 26 years.
- OBC – 29 years.
- SC / ST – 31 years.
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 ( Dep 1984 ) – 31 years.
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31st December, 1989 ( Dom Kashmir ) – 31 years.
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
BARC Admission 2016 Selection Process :
- Selection to OCES / DGFS – 2016 is a two – step process : Screening to short – list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short – listed candidates. There is a separate selection process for each of the disciplines except for RSE, which is available only as an additional option to applicants for Physics and Chemistry disciplines.
- Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai ( in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics ) and Hyderabad ( in Geology and Geophysics ). Outstation applicants coming for Interview will be paid to-and-fro second-class sleeper train fare by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less. Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May – June, 2016.
- Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability in April, 2016. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process.
- Final Selection for the OCES / DGFS-2016 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally ( subject to medical fitness ) selected candidates will be displayed on the website in June, 2016. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
BARC Admission Application Form 2016 :
- Only Online Applications will be accepted.
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on this website.
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay the application fee should download the three fold challan from the website and make the payment of Application-Processing Fee in any branch of the State Bank of India.
- Application Fee : A non – refundable Application Fee of 500/- is chargeable from the applicants in General and OBC categories. Women candidates and the candidates belonging to SC / ST and Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action ( DODPKIA ) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
Important Dates for BARC 2016 Admission :
|Programme Name||Eligibility Criteria for Admission||Duration||Nature of Programme||Professional / Non - Professional||Intake|
|Department of Chemical Oceanography, Faculty of Marine Sciences, Ph : 0484-2382131|
|M. Sc. Hydrochemistry||B.Sc. Degre in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as subsidiaries or B.Sc. Degre of any University in Kerala with Polymer Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry / Petro chemicals / Environment and Water Management as the main subject and Mathematics and Physics / Computer Science as subsidiaries, with a minimum of 5% marks in the respective main subject.||4 Sem.||Regular-Day||Professional||12|
|M. Phil. Marine Chemistry||Master’s Degre in Hydrochemistry, Chemistry or any other branch of Chemistry with a minimum of 5% marks in agregate or equivalent grade.||2 Sem.||Regular-Day||Non - Professional||10|
BARC Engineering Post-Graduates Admission 2016
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre invites admission application from eligible candidates form Engineering Post-Graduates program for 2016.
BARC PG Engineering Eligibility 2016 :
Qualifying Degree and other academic qualifications : Candidates should possess M.E. / M.Tech. or equivalent post graduate degree in chemical / computer / electrical / electronics / instrumentation / mechanical / metallurgical / nuclear engineering with minimum 60% Marks. In addition to this, the student should have 60% marks in B. E. / B. Tech. or any other degree considered to enter M.E. / M.Tech. programme. The ‘qualifying 60% marks’ should be as per the ordinance of the respective degree awarding university OR equivalent of cumulative grade point average CGPA ( converted to % Marks by multiplying with 100 / x if the CGPA is on x points scale ).
Age limit : The candidates desirous of availing DGFS – Ph.D. fellowship should have been born on or after 1st August, 1988. Age limit is relaxable by three years for OBC and by five years for SC / ST applicants. Persons with Disability ( PWD ) of all categories are eligible for further age relaxation of 10 years. The age limit for the candidates working as faculty in Engineering Colleges is 40 years, who desire to pursue Ph.D. without the fellowship grant.
Nationality : Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
BARC PG Engineering Selection Process 2016 :
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, and whose M.Tech. project is of relevance to DAE, will be called to BARC, Mumbai on 25 June, 2016 for a written screening test followed by interview of selected candidates. Screening will be based on previous academic records and performance in the screening test. The final selection will be based on performance in the interview. The candidates should be prepared for a 10 minutes presentation on their research interest. Outstation applicants called for written test / interview will be paid to and fro sleeper class train fare on production of tickets by shortest route, or actual fare, whichever is less.
BARC PG Engineering Application Form 2016 :
Duly filled in application form as per given format along with self-attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be mailed to the following address on or before 16th May, 2016.
DGFS-Ph.D. Programme- 2016
Administrative Officer – III,
HRDD, Training School Complex,
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094.
Applicants are advised to mail only by registered or speed post services and to preserve the receipt for future reference.
BARC Important Dates for PG Engineering 2016 :
- Last date of receipt of application : 16th May, 2016
- written screening test : 25 June, 2016
Contact Details :
DGFS-Ph.D. Programme- 2016
Administrative Officer – III,
HRDD, Training School Complex,
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094.
Website : www.barc.gov.in
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2014
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay, Mumbai – 400 085,
Telephone No. : +91-22-25505050 / 25592000,
Fax No. : +91-22-25505151 / 25519613,
Website : http://barconlineexam.in/.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre invites admission application from eligible candidates for Diploma in Radiological Physics program for 2014 :
BARC Diploma Admission Eligibility Criteria 2014 :
- The basic qualification for applying to this course is M.Sc ( Physics ). The candidates should have scored minimum of 60% marks ( aggregate ) in B.Sc. as well as in M.Sc ( Physics ).
- Incase of grade system, grade to percentage of marks conversion scheme obtained from University should be submitted along with the application failing which application will not be considered.
- In addition to the above qualification, the sponsored candidates should have at least one-year working experience in a Radiotherapy Department in India. The sponsored candidates should also submit a documentary evidence of availing personal monitoring service from BARC / accredited laboratories.
- Those who await the final results of M.Sc., ( Physics ) may also apply. Such candidates should necessarily attach a copy of first year mark sheet along with the application. Note that when such candidates are selected they should submit their final mark sheet by 30th October, 2014.
BARC Diploma Admission 2014 Age Limit :
- Age limit as on 01st August, 2014 : (a) General Category-26 years, b) OBC-29 years, (c) SC / ST – 31 years.
- For physically challenged candidates, there is a relaxation of age by up to 10 years. The candidates with physical disabilities limited to the lower extremities, but permitting to stand and move and physically able to carry out the course requirement only will be considered.
- For the sponsored candidates, the age limit as on 01st August, 2014 is 40 years.
Selection Procedure for BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2014 :
- Selection of non-sponsored candidates is based on written test followed by an interview. The candidates who are eligible to participate in the written test will be short-listed based on merit and such candidates will be informed in advance. The written test ( duration 2 hrs ) will be based on Multiple Choice Questions with negative marking for incorrect answers. Note that written test is meant for screening the candidates and the final selection to the course is solely based on performance in the interview.
- Selection of sponsored candidates is through interview only and hence eligible sponsored candidates will be called for the interview directly.
- M.Sc. ( Physics ) candidates applied for one-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates for the year 2014 – 2015 ( OCES – 2014 ) conducted by BARC Training School may also be considered for admission to the Dip.R.P. course.
- The successful candidates will be admitted to the course only after they are declared medically fit by the BARC hospital, Mumbai.
BARC Diploma Admission Application Form 2014 :
- Interested candidates should submit their applications in an appropriate format along with a non-refundable application processing fee of 200/-.
- With regard to payment of application fee, the candidate may download the three fold challan from the BARC website www.barc.gov.in and make the payment in any branch of the State Bank of India from 18th March, 2014 to 21st April, 2014.
- The portion of the challan marked “Institution Copy” should be attached along with the application.
- BARC application that is complete in all respects should be sent to the following address so as to reach not later than 21st April, 2014 :
Deputy Establishment Officer (R-II),
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay, Mumbai – 400 085.
Important Dates for BARC 2014 Admission :
- Last date for receipt of BARC Diploma Admission application : 21st April, 2014
- Diploma in Radiological Physics course commence from the First week of August 2014