Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – BARC Admission 2013
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – BARC Admission 2013
Department of Atomic Energy ( DAE )
OCES and DGFS – 2013,
Dy. Establishmnet Officer,
Recruitment – IV,
BARC Training School Complex,
Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : oces.hbni.ac.in.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Department of Atomic Energy invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic programs 2013 :
- OCES - Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science ( 1 Year )
- DGFS - DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme ( 2 Years )
OCES – 2013 :
- One – Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science Post-Graduates starting in August 2013 will be conducted at BARC Training Schools situated at : BARC, Mumbai; IGCAR, Kalpakkam; NFC, Hyderabad; RRCAT, Indore; AMD, Hyderabad.
- Performance above a certain threshold at the BARC Training School will entitle Trainee Scientific Officers ( TSOs ) to a Post – Graduate Diploma of Homi Bhabha National Institute ( HBNI ), a Deemed to be University and could also earn them credits towards MTech / MPhil programs of HBNI.
DGFS – 2013 :
- Two – Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post – Graduates for joining M.Tech. in select specialisations starting in July 2013 at : Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT ) – Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee and BHU-Varanasi; National Institute of Technology ( NIT ) – Rourkela; Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) – Mumbai.
- Both OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows will get opportunities for pursuing Ph.D. through HBNI.
- On successful completion of the OCES or DGFS programs, TSOs will be appointed as Scientific Officers in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with attractive career progression opportunities up to the highest echelons.
BARC Admission Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES / DGFS – 2013 :
- Nationality : Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- For Engineering Disciplines ( codes 21 – 29 ) : BE / BTech / BSc ( Engineering ) / A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E./ A.M.I.I.Ch.E. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines. Applicants opting to be selected on the basis of a GATE score should have a valid GATE – 2013 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, etc. are not eligible.
- For Physics Discipline ( code 41 ) : M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics or B.E. / B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE – 2013 Score in ‘Physics’. Applicants having B.E. / BTech ( Engineering Physics ) as qualifying degree and a valid GATE – 2013 Score in ‘Engineering Science’ are also eligible.
- For Chemistry Discipline ( code 42 ) : M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics up to Std. 12th, with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
- For Biosciences Discipline ( code 43 ) : M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.( Tech ) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’. Those having M.Sc. with specialisation in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
- For Radiological Safety Engineering ( RSE, code 44 ) : M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics up to Std. 12th, with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M. Sc. as well as in B. Sc.. Those having M.Sc. in Environmental Science are not eligible.
- For Geology Discipline ( Code 45 ) : M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. and at least two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech. as well as in B.Sc. Eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics at 10 + 2 level. All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE – 2013 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- For Geophysics Discipline ( Code 46 ) : M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics with Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE – 2013 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- Those having MSc ( by research ) or PhD are not eligible.
- A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university. In case of candidates whose qualifying degree is A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E. / A.M.I.I.Ch.E. 60% marks are required in each part of the qualifying examination, individually as well as in aggregate.
- BARC Admission to DGFS : Candidates having a qualifying degree in disciplines 21-29 or 41 and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2013 in select Institutes and in specialisations. Confirmation of MTech / MChem.Engg. admission should be communicated by July 5, 2013, failing which the offer of DGFS will be withdrawn retaining the candidate’s options for OCES programs, if any.
BARC Admission Age Limit ( Age as on 1st August, 2013 ) :
- General Category – 26 years.
- OBC – 29 years.
- SC / ST – 31 years.
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 ( Dep1984 ) – 31 years.
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31st December, 1989 ( Dom Kashmir ) – 31 years.
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
BARC Admission Selection Process 2013 :
- Selection to OCES / DGFS – 2013 is a 2 – step process : Screening to short – list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short – listed candidates. There is a separate selection process for each of the disciplines except for RSE ( code 44 ), which is available only as an additional option to applicants for Physics and Chemistry disciplines ( codes 41 and 42 ).
- Selection Interviews of short – listed candidates will be conducted in BARC Training School, Mumbai. Outstation applicants will be paid to-and-fro second-class sleeper train fare by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less. Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May, 2013 – June, 2013.
- Names and Selection Interview dates of short – listed candidates in Science disciplines will be declared on the website : oces.hbni.ac.in in the second week of April, 2013. Short-listed candidates in Engineering disciplines, qualified on the basis of a GATE score will be able to choose an Interview slot, based on availability, on the website designated for Online Applications in the Engineering disciplines, in the second week of April, 2013 onwards whereas short-listed Engineering candidates qualified on the basis of Online Test will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability on the same website in the second week of May, 2013.
- Final Selection is solely on the basis of performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. This Selection Process will also be used for selecting candidates for research based academic programs and for Diploma in Radiological Physics program of HBNI. Eligibility criteria and associated details will be advertised separately.
BARC Admission Application Form 2013 :
- Only Online Applications will be accepted.
- Application Fee : A non – refundable Application Fee of 250/- is chargeable from the applicants in General and OBC categories. Women candidates and the candidates belonging to SC / ST and Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action ( DODPKIA ) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- Science candidates are required to visit website : oces.hbni.ac.in after 20th December, 2012 to submit their applications. Candidates, from whom an BARC admission application Fee is required, may download the three fold challan from the website and make the payment of Application Fee in any branch of the State Bank of India. After making the payment and getting the Unique Transaction Number, the candidate has to enter the said number as a response to the relevant query in the online application form.
- Engineering candidates are required to visit the website : oces.hbni.ac.in after 1st March, 2013 where a link will be provided to the Online Application Portal. Engineering candidates may note that the website : oces.hbni.ac.in is only meant for applicants in the Science Disciplines and all applications made by engineering candidates on this website will be invalid. Instructions for payment of Application Fee for engineering candidates will be specified on the Online Application Portal meant for engineering applications.
- Note : Science candidates and Engineering candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must produce original challan at the time of Selection Interview.
Important Dates for BARC Admission 2013 :
Engineering Disciplines ( codes 21 - 29 )
|Release of link for online BARC admission application and other information||
1st week of March, 2013
|Last date for online BARC admission application||
31st March, 2013
|List of candidates short-listed on the basis of GATE score to be displayed on website : oces.hbni.ac.in||
10th April, 2013
|Availability based option to select Interview Slot for GATE qualified candidates ( first come first served )||
2nd week of April, 2013 onwards
|Online Test for Engineering Disciplines ( except Civil Engg )||
Last Week of April, 2013
|List of candidates short - listed on the basis of Engineering Online Test to be displayed on website : oces.hbni.ac.in||
2nd week of May, 2013
|Availability based option to select Interview Slot for Online Test qualified candidates ( first come first served )||
2nd week of May, 2013 onwards
Science Disciplines ( codes 41 - 43 & 45 - 46 )
|Last date of receipt of BARC admission application for those opting for Written Test in Science Disciplines||
20th January, 2013
|Written Test for Science Disciplines||
24th February, 2013
|Last date of receipt of BARC admission application for those applying solely on the basis of GATE Score||
31st March, 2013
|Last date for submission of GATE score for candidates who appeared for Written Test||
31st March, 2013
|List of candidates short - listed on the basis of Written Test or GATE score to be displayed on website : oces.hbni.ac.in||
2nd week of April, 2013
|Interview Schedule to be displayed on website : oces.hbni.ac.in||
2nd week of April, 2013
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre BARC offers OCES & DGFS courses – BARC Admission Eligibility Criteria – BARC Admission Selection Process – BARC Admission Application Form – Important Dates for BARC Admission
Admission Notification Related : BARC Admission 2013, BARC Training School Admission Notification 2013, Admission 2013 Eligibility, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – BARC Admission 2013, BARC Admission 2013 Selection Procedure, BARC OCES Admission for Science Graduates 2013, BARC Admission Online Application Form 2013, BARC Mumbai Admission 2013 Application Last Date, BARC DAE Submission of Admission Application 2013, BARC Mumbai Admission Procedure 2013, How to get Application 2013 in BARC Mumbai, BARC Admission for Engineering & Science Graduate 2013, BARC DAE Admission Qualification 2013, BARC DAE Admission Application Fee 2013, How to Apply MBA Admission in BARC DAE, BARC 2013 Admission Prospectus, Admission 2013, Latest Admission News, MBA Admission 2013, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for bhabha atomic research centre – barc admission 2013 by Saravanan