Bharathiar University AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Bharathiar University Admission 2019
Bharathiar University PG Admission 2019
Bharathiar University invites admission application for Post Graduate Degree offered by University Departments for the academic year 2019.
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Medical Physics
- M.Sc. Nanoscience and Technology
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Zoology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications
- M.Sc. Statistics
- M.Sc. Statistics with Computer Applications
- M.Sc. Electronics & Instrumentation
- M.Sc. Animal Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. Environmental Sciences
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Textiles and Apparel Design
- M.Sc. Industrial Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Information Technology
- M.Sc. Applied Psychology
- M.Sc. Applied Econometrics
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- English Literature
- Population Studies
- Women Studies
- Business Economics
- Career Guidance
- Finance and Computer Application
- Finance and Accounting
M.S.W Master of Social Work
M.J.M.C. Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
Bharathiar University PG Admission 2018 Eligibility
- Candidate should have a pass in bachelor’s degree in the related discipline with a minimum of 60% Marks.
For all other disciplines:
- Candidate should have a pass in bachelor’s degree in the related discipline.
- Candidate should have a pass in bachelor’s degree in the related disciplines.
- Candidate should have a graduate in the related discipline.
Master in Social Work ( MSW )
- Candidate should have a Pass in any UG Degree from recognized University.
Master of Physical Education ( M.P.Ed )
- Candidate should have a Pass in B.P.E / B.Sc. P.H.S (or) B.P.Ed with a minimum of 50% marks.
Master of Education ( M.Ed)
- Candidate should have a pass in B.Ed./B.A/B.Sc./B.EI.Ed./D.EI.Ed with a minimum of 50 % Marks.
Master of Journalism and Mass Communication ( MJMC )
- Candidate should have a Pass in any UG Degree from recognized University.
- Candidate should have a pass in any degree and should have appeared for TANCET entrance test conducted by Anna University.
- Candidates studied under 10+2+3 pattern alone are eligible
- Candidate should have a pass in any recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration ( 10, +2, +3 or 4 years pattern ) in any discipline with core Mathematics OR Business Mathematics at +2 level.
- Candidate must have appeared for TANCET.
MCA Lateral Entry
- Candidate should have a Pass in Bachelors Degree of Minimum 3 Years duration in B.C.A., B.Sc. (Computer Science / Computer Technology / Information Technology) or equivalent with Mathematics as course at Higher Secondary level or at Graduate level.
Bharathiar University PG Admission Seats 2019
- OC – 31%
- Backward Caste – 26.5% + 3.5% ( Overall )
- Backward Caste Muslim – 3.5%
- Most Backward Caste – 20%
- SC/ST – 15% +3% + 1%
- Arunthathiyar – 3%
Bharathiar University PG Admission Exam Pattern 2019
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Total Number of Questions: 60 (MCQ Type, 1 Mark each)
- Duration of the test: 90 Minutes
The weightage will be as follows
- Entrance Test – 60 Marks
- UG Course of study (up to V Sem. / 2nd year) – 40 Marks
- Total – 100 marks
Bharathiar University PG Admission Application Form 2019
- Bharathiar University admission application form is available in the official website www.b-u.ac.in.
Online Application Method
Before registering their applications on the website, candidates should possess the following:
- Valid E-mail ID.
- Demand Draft of ₹ 300/- as application fee for OC / BC / MBC / DNT candidates.
- Demand Draft of ₹ 150/- as application fee in case SC / ST candidates, on production of attested photocopy of community certificate.
- Demand Draft of ₹ 500/- as application fee for OC / BC / MBC / DNT candidates.
- Demand Draft of ₹ 250/- as application fee in case SC / ST candidates, on production of attested photocopy of community certificate
- Soft Copy Passport size Photograph
Note: No other financial instrument other than Demand Draft is acceptable.
Here are the steps to online application
- Go to the official website of the university.
- Go to ‘Admission’ tab and click on ‘Applications’.
- Now, Click on ‘Click here for Online Application’ under MA, M.Sc.
- Candidate will be redirected to the application page and click on ‘Application for admission to Post – Graduate 2019’.
- After applying online, the candidate should download the system generated printout of the application and it should be signed by the candidate and sent along with:
- The application fee in the form of Demand Draft for ₹ 300 for others ( ₹150/- for SC/ST candidates ) drawn in favor of The Registrar, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore.
- Copies of Certificates pertaining to age, educational qualifications and Community certificates.
Note: The copies of certificates should be attested. The print out of the application along with the documents mentioned above should be sent BY POST in a closed envelope super scribed as “APPLICATION FOR admission to Post – Graduate” at the following address: –
Professor & Head,
Department of ‘Name of the Department’
Coimbatore – 641 046
Offline Application Method
- Application forms and prospectus can be had from the Registrarin person or by post from April 15, 2018 (tentative) on requisition with acost of ₹ 300/- ( ₹ 150/- in the case of SC/ST Candidates, on production of attested photocopy of community certificate) in the form of aDemand Draft dated no earlier than 15th April, 2019 (tentative) drawn in favor of the “Registrar, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore” and self-addressed stamped envelope to the value of ₹ 60/-. Please note that cash payment will NOT BE ACCEPTED. The cost of application once paid will not be refunded.
The application should be accompanied with attested Xerox copies of the following certificates:
- SSLC Mark Sheet
- Provisional / Degree Certificate (if already qualified for degree)
- HSC Mark Sheet
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities, if any.
- Degree Mark Sheets
- Certificate of disablement (for disabled students)
- Community Certificate
Bharathiar University PG Admission Selection Procedure 2019
Selection Procedure for admission by Entrance Test
- Selection of Candidates to Bharathiar University shall be made through one of the following methods:
Through Direct Admission
Provisional admissions will be made directly based on the academic performance in Under Graduate Courses. However, in case of large number of applications, the University reserves the right to conduct entrance examination or counselling.
Through Entrance Test
The selection will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test and the average of Marks secured by them up to 5th Semester/ 2nd year of their UG degree course of study.
MBA , MCA
- The selection of candidate for admission to MBA/MCA program at Bharathiar University will be based on candidate’s performance in TANCET/CMAT entrance examination.
- Note: Candidates who could not appear for TANCET/CMAT may appear for an entrance test conducted by Bharathiar University for admission to MCA program
Bharathiar University PG Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Availability of Admission Forms ( PG )||10th April, 2019|
|2||Application available for filling online/offline||27th April, 2019|
|3||Date of TANCET Entrance Exam||11th June, 2019|
|4||Last date of submission of application||10th July, 2019|
Bharathiar University Admission 2019
This application is meant only for regular M.Phil. / Ph.D. ( Full-Time / Part-Time ) programmes offered in the Bharathiar University Departments / Affiliated Colleges and Recognized Research Institutions 2019.
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Admission Eligibility 2019
For M.Phil. Full-Time Candidates
- Candidates with Master’s degree in the concerned or related discipline or any other qualification recognized as equivalent
- Candidates must have scored 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility marks) and above in the Master’s degree
- Candidates with 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility marks) of marks and above in the Master’s degree and working as Full- time Research Fellows/Technical Assistants/Research Assistants in time-bound Research schemes of one year duration or more in University Departments/Research Departments of Affiliated Colleges/Recognized Research Institutions
For M.Phil. Part-Time Candidates
- Any person employed in any concern/organization/institution/ R & D Centers / Laboratories situated within Tamil Nadu or Research Institutions recognized by Bharathiar University with a minimum of 55% of marks in the Master’s degree. Such candidates shall produce a No objection certificate and Service Certificate from the Employer or Head of the Institution (in case of Educational Institutions)
- All teachers working in colleges affiliated to Bharathiar University are eligible. Candidates working as guest lecturers on consolidated pay are also eligible to pursue M.Phil. (Part-time) program after they produce an NOC and service certificate from their respective colleges
- Medium of Language is Tamil for the candidates doing their research in Yoga for Human Excellence and who have studied UG/PG degree courses in Tamil medium and for the rest of the candidates, the medium is English.
Ph.D. (Mathematics) , Ph.D. (Applied Mathematics) & Ph.D. (Statistics)
Eligibility Criteria for admission to Full-time/Part-time PhD program at BU
- A candidate must have completed Post Graduation in a relevant discipline. The candidate must have completed a total duration of 17 years of study in order to be eligible for the program.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination. The University allows a relaxation of 5% marks for candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories in the qualifying examination.
- The part-time candidates belonging to any one of the following categories working as teacher in Department of the University or an affiliated College of this University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Middle School/Polytechnics within Tamilnadu, recognized/approved by the Government can apply for PhD program at BU. Subjects like Engineering, Medicine, Law and Agriculture are not eligible to register under Bharathiar University.
- Scientist / Research fellows / Research assistants / Technical assistants / Project assistants / Project Fellows / Research associates / appointed in the research projects funded by recognized agencies / Government / industries are also eligible to register for Ph.D. at University Departments, Affiliated Colleges, Research Institutions, or R & D Centres / Laboratories.
- Any Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant/Company Secretary and other professionals with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification are eligible for Part-time Ph.D. registration. The guides may be from the Departments of Commerce, Management Studies, Economics or concerned subjects.
- For candidates other than a teacher, any permanent staff in a Government Office/Private or Public Ltd., Company/a recognized factory/institution/research institution / Educational Institution / business / with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of marks (staff includes Board of Directors, Proprietor and Partner) are eligible for part-time Ph.D. registration in the relevant discipline.
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Seats 2019
- 31 % for open competition.
- 30 % for Backward Classes, within this 3.5 % for Muslims & 3.5 % for Christians.
- 20 % for Most Backward Class and Denotified Community / DNC
- 18 % for Scheduled Castes
- 01 % for Scheduled Tribes
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Exam Pattern 2019
- The qualifying examinations marks converted to: 50 Marks
- Common Entrance Test: 35 Marks
- Interview: 15 Marks
- Total: 100 marks
Entrance Exam Pattern:
- The entrance test will be based around subjects studied in the course study at the PG level by the candidate. Here are details of the entrance test:
- There will be 50 Questions in total ,all the question will be of objective type (MCQ)
- Maximum Marks: 35 (50×0.7=35)
- Time Duration: 1.30 hours
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Selection Procedure 2019
- Admission will be made on the basis of the PG marks, marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test and interview.
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Admission Application Form 2019
- Bharathiar University admission application form is available in the official website www.b-u.ac.in
- Cost of Application for M.Phil. – ₹ 500/-
- Cost of Application for Ph.D. – ₹ 600/-
- There are two methods to pay the application fee, i.e. Demand Draft and Bank Challan. A candidate can get the Demand Draft issued from anyNationalized bank while the Bank Challan must be from onlyBank of India. The DD must be drawn in favor of “The Registrar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore”. A candidate must not forget to write their name at the backside of the DD. If a candidate applies for more than one college, he/she has to pay the cost of application ₹ 500/- for M.Phil. And ₹ 600/- for Ph.D. program for each application.
For admission to university departments
- The Application form consists of two copies (First Copy and Second Copy). The first copy (without any enclosures) of the application form should be sent to The Registrar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-46. The second copy (all attested Xerox copies of testimonials from 10th standard onwards along with originalDemand Draft or Bank Challan) has to be sent to the HOD of the concerned Department of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-46.
Bharathiar University MPhil Phd Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date of submission of Application||09th September, 2019|
Coimbatore -641 046.
Telephone No : 0422 – 2428318
Website : www.b-u.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.