Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani – Dubai Campus Admission 2019
BITS Pilani – Dubai Admission 2019
Birla Institute of Technology & Science Dubai Campus offers application for admission to BE & ME Programs academic year 2019
BITS Dubai Admission Eligibility 2019
- For admission to any of the first degree programmes, candidates must have passed the requisite qualifying examination, which is the General Secondary Education Certificate Examination of Ministry of Education, U.A.E. or Senior School Certificate Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE-12th grade ), New Delhi, India or Advanced Levels from Cambridge International examinations / Edexcel or its equivalent from any recognized State, National or International board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum 60% overall aggregate of marks in the qualifying examination and must have a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject. However, for admission to B.E. Biotechnology, Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology will also be accepted with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects with at least 50% marks in each subject. If a Candidate has secured less than 50% marks in any one of these subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology but has passed in the subjects and meets the aggregate criteria mentioned above, he / she may be considered for provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed only upon the successful completion of a remedial course in that subject with a minimum grade of ‘C’, offered by the institute preferably before the commencement of the first semester. If instead of marks any letter grades or GPA are awarded ( or any other system of evaluation ), their equivalences in marks will be decided by the Admissions Committee.
- English is the medium of instruction and a good proficiency in English is essential for admission. Hence, candidates who have completed their qualifying examination from a Non-English medium school must have a TOEFL Score of 500 in paper based test or 61 in internet based test or have an IELTS Score of 5. If required, they may also be assessed by the Admission committee for English comprehension.
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying degree as indicated below for each programme.
- M.E. Design: B.E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- M.E. Microelectronics : B.E. / B.Tech. in EEE / E&I / ECE / CS or M.Sc. Physics or equivalent.
- M.E. Software Systems : B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.C.A or equivalent
BITS Dubai Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Candidates can Appy Online for Integrated First Degree Programs admission at BITS Dubai Campus website www.bits-pilani.ac.in.
- Application Fee to be paid at the time of submission of application form
- An amount of AED 220 only ( Arab Emirates Dirhams Two hundred and twenty only ) payable online by Debit / Credit Card or payable offline either by Cash or Bank Transfer.
- Application received without application fee will not be considered.
BITS Dubai Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- All applications for each of the categories – GCC and Non-GCC complete in all respects received till last date are scrutinized for preparing the merit list.
- A merit list is prepared in the descending order of the aggregate percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the Qualifying Examination (12th grade or equivalent). There is no separate Admission Test.
- Candidates are offered admission based on the merit in the qualifying examination, their programme preferences and availability of seats in each programme.
- If a candidate with a higher merit position is not able to get his/her first programme preference due to non-availability of seats in the first preference, his/her second and subsequent preference is considered and offer is made. If none of the given preferences gets allotted, such a candidate is kept in Wait List. If the candidate does not indicate more than one preference or gives only limited number of preferences, he/she stands to lose the chance of admission. Hence, all candidates are advised to fill all preferences and exercise their preferences with care. Preferences once submitted cannot be changed.
- Candidates who are selected for admission will receive the Admission Offer Letter. To accept the offer of admission, candidate must comply with all the requirements specified in the Admission Offer Letter including submission of various documents and payment of fee on or before the date mentioned in the Admission Offer Letter. Refer Section 7 for details.
- If the requirements are not fulfilled by the due date, the admission offer letter will be deemed to be cancelled and the seat will be allotted to other candidates.
- Till all admissions are finalized, candidates who are not offered admission will be considered to be
Important Dates for BITS Dubai Admission 2019
|1||Last date for receipt of Application||12th December, 2018|
|2||Announcement of Admission list and dispatch of Admission offer letters||13th December, 2018|
|3||Last date for receipt of acceptance of Admission offer along with required documents and Fee||03rd January, 2019|
|4||Reporting for Admission||20th January, 2019|
|5||Orientation||20th January, 2019|
|6||Registration||20th January, 2019|
|7||Classwork begins||21st January, 2019|
|1||Last date for receipt of Applications||12th December, 2018|
|2||Interview Dates||17th & 18th December 2018|
|3||Orientation||20th January, 2019|
|4||Registration||20th January, 2019|
|5||Commencement of Classes||21st January, 2019|
BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus,
Dubai International Academic City,
P. O. Box No. – 345 055,
Phone No. : + 9714 4200 811,
Fax : + 9714 4200822,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.bits-pilani.ac.in.