Calcutta University MEd Admission 2019
University of Calcutta Admission 2019
Calcutta University Department of Education invites applications for admission to 2 year full time Master of Education ( M.Ed ) Program for the academic year 2019.
University of Calcutta Admission Eligibility 2019
The applicants for entrance test and career marking shall be drawn on the basis of the following :
- Candidate must complete B.Ed. degree 1 or 2 year duration with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System or
- Candidate must complete 4 year integrated teacher education degree programme ( BElEd / BScEd / BAEd ) with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System or
- Candidate must complete D.El.Ed / D.Ed with a bachelors Honors degree ( BA / BSc / BCom ) each with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System Or
- Candidate must complete Special B.Ed with minimum 55% marks or, B Grade in Grading System.
- Candidate must complete M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com Examination with minimum 55% marks in aggregate at Post Graduate level.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC,ST and PWD candidates.
- 40 years as on 30th June, 2019 for fresher candidates and 55 years for candidates employed in Secondary / Higher Secondary Schools, Colleges, Government and Semi Government organizations. There is a relaxation of age for maximum of 5 ( five ) years for students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribe and Person With Disability categories.
University of Calcutta Admission Application Form 2019
- Calcutta University Department Admission application form available at official website www.caluniv.ac.in
- Application fee ( [rupee] 300/- for General & [rupee]150/- for SC / ST / PWD ) to be made through BillDesk
Information required for filling in the Form
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- Income of family per month.
- ( Optional ) Scanned Photo ( 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm ) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 20 KB
Instructions for filling in the Form
- Open the Page http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/med/phpfiles/main.php
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ link at the bottom of the Login form.
- Fill in the Registration Form.
- Candidate will be directed to the Admission Form.
- The Admission Form consists of 4 pages shown as Menu:
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Employment Information
- Payment Information
- In the Personal Information Page, candidate can upload candidate’s scanned photo ( jpg / jpeg format ). First upload the photo and then fill-in the form. Uploading candidate’s photo is not compulsory.
- In the academic information page,
- If candidate have only Grade / Grade Point in any of candidate’s examinations, convert them to equivalent percentage to fill in the ‘% of Marks’ field along with the ‘Grade / Grade Point’ field.
- Enter ‘None’ in the ‘Subject’ field where ‘Subject’ is not applicable.
- Candidate have passed Higher Secondary Examination in 11th standard, repeat the same data in the 10th and 12th standard rows.
- Proceed filling in the form from ‘Personal’ page to ‘Payment Info’ page, one after another. One cannot jump to a particular page of the form without filling in the previous page.
- ‘Save’ button stores the data of that particular page and stays in that page, whereas ‘Save & Continue’ stores the data of that page and proceeds to the next page.
- Before clicking ‘Final Submission’ button available in ‘Payment Info’ page, one may print the draft form to check the data inserted by the user.
- Before ‘Final Submission’ of the form available in ‘Payment Info’ page, one can modify the data in different pages by clicking the hyperlinks available on the tabs.
- After ‘Final Submission’ of the form, the user cannot edit data in the form anymore.
- Documents to be submitted along with the Printed Copy of the application Form
- Acknowledgement Slip
- Copy of e – receipt downloaded from ‘Payment History’ under BILLDESK. Self Attested Photo copies of marks – sheets of all the examinations passed ( 10th Standard onwards. )
- Proof of Date of Birth Certificate.
- SC / ST / PWD Certificate, if applicable.
University of Calcutta Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Admission to M.Ed. two year programme will be based on following
- Career Marking
- In Career Marking five components ( i.e. Aggregate marks obtained in 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation & B.Ed as mentioned in point ( EC – I ) will be proportionately evaluated in 50 marks by distributing 10 mark for each )
- Entrance Test
- There will be a written test of 1 hour.30 minutes duration comprising of 50 compulsory MCQ type questions of 1 mark each ( Total Marks 50 ) based on perspectives in teacher education. The deputed candidates need not appear for admission test.
- Based on the sum of total marks obtained in a&b final merit list should be prepared keeping in view the reservation norms of the Government.
- Total number of seats in the M.Ed course is 50 of which 50% will be allotted for deputed and 50% to fresher candidates. If deputed seats remain vacant they can be filled up with fresher candidates.
- Selection will be made strictly in order of merit and subject group quota for 60% of seats from C.U. candidates ( Category A ) and also for rest 40% of seats ( Category B ) i.e. for rest CU and Non – CU candidates the same procedure will be followed. Category will be determined based on the chronologically last obtained degree relevant for admission.
University of Calcutta,
1, Reformatory Street, Alipore,
Kolkata – 700027
Telephone : 2439 8453, 2479 1645,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.caluniv.ac.in