Central Institute of Fisheries Education – CIFE Mumbai AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Central Institute of Fisheries Education CIFE Mumbai Admission 2019
Central Institute of Fisheries Education invites application from eligible candidates for admission to MFSc and PhD Programs for academic sessions 2019 – 2020.
CIFE Mumbai Courses Offered 2019
MFSc – Master of Fisheries Science
- Fisheries Resources and Management
- Aquatic Environment Management
- Aquatic Animal Health Management
- Fish Nutrition and Feed Technology
- Fisheries Economics
PhD – Doctor of Philosophy
- Aquatic Environment Management
- Fisheries Resources & Management
- Post – harvest Technology
CIFE Mumbai Admission Eligibility 2019
- If the candidate possess the Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science ( B.F.SC. ) under the 10+2+4 system then he fulfill the minimum eligibility for admission.
- He must have obtained 60% marks or OGPA of 6.50 out of 10, or 2.60 out of 4.00 for general and ( for SC / ST categories 55% is the minimum eligibility or OGPA of 6.00 out of 10, 3 out of 5.00 or 2.40 out of 4.00 )
- The minimum age limit is 19 years old as of 31st July.
- If he is among the in – service candidates then the minimum eligibility is B.F.Sc. However, he must have 5 years’ experience in the state department service and have to pass the deficiency course of 1 year prior joining the program.
- If the candidate wish to apply for Ph.D programs in CIFE then he has to possess B.F.Sc. / M.F.Sc. ( 4+2 ) B.Sc. / M.Sc ( 3 years ) degree from CIFE ( till 1995 )
- He must have passed M.F.Sc. / M.Sc. with the minimum eligibility of OGPA ( Overall grade Point Average ) 7 out of 10 and 3.5 out of 5 for General / OBC category. For SC / ST the OGPA marks is 6.5 out of 10 and 3.25 out of 5.
- If he has D.F.Sc. degree then you are eligible for the course provided you have a Bachelor’s degree in biological Science and two years’ experience in fisheries development work after pursuing D.F.Sc.
- If he is among the sponsored candidates, and if you possess degree in M.F.Sc. in fish and fisheries and related disciplines with minimum two years of experience in fisheries development then he is eligible for applying.
- The minimum age limit for admission is 22 years as of 31st July, 2016.
CIFE Mumbai Admission Reservation of Seats 2019
- If the candidate has claimed reservation for the Scheduled Caste then he will get a relaxation of 15% of the total available seats and 7 ½ % will be reserved for Scheduled Tribe and 27% for OBC categories.
- These reservations shall be transferable, if sufficient number of students do not fill the reserved seats for Scheduled Caste then the candidates of Scheduled Tribe may fill the seats or vice – versa in the same discipline.
- But under no circumstances, the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe seats shall be transferable from one discipline to another discipline or from M.F.Sc. to Ph.D. programme and vice – versa.
- If he stand as a Scheduled Caste / tribe Candidate and even if you are selected on merit basis or on relaxed standards, he will be counted upon as reserved quota and there is no maximum limit on the admission of the candidates belonging to the two categories.
- There is a relaxation of 2 seats for physically handicapped and Kashmiri Migrants and if he come among the underprivileged states.
- 5 seats are reserved for M.F.Sc. if you are in-service candidates under the fisheries departments above the allotted seats of ICAR.
CIFE Mumbai Admission Application Form 2019
Central Institute of Fisheries Education admission application form is available in the official website www.cife.edu.in.
How to apply
- The candidate can download the application form from the Official website
- He has to submit the same along with a demand draft of ₹ 300/-
- If he is sending the draft / cash by post a crossed demand draft of ₹ 350/- will be required
- He has to send the demand draft in favour of ICAR unit – CIFE Payable at State Bank of India, Versova Branch, Mumbai
- In any case, payment of these materials through cheque / VPP / Postal order is out of our policy
- He cannot include the date of the demand draft before the date of the advertisements in the newspaper
The candidate have to submit the following documents along with the application form :
- Proof of date of birth
- He should submit the Matriculation (Xth ) or equivalent certificate and marksheet
- 10+2 / intermediate / pre – university / pre – degree examination / higher secondary certificate and mark sheet
- He must attach Bachelor’s degree certificate and mark sheet
- Scheduled Caste / Tribe Certificate in the proforma as at Annexure – II of Information Bulletin from District Magistrate or the authorities empowered to issue such a certificate of verification issued not more than six months before the date of application
- If he come amongst the in – service candidates, Sponsorship Certificate ( Annexure – III of Information Bulletin ) has to be submitted
CIFE Mumbai Selection Procedure 2019
- If the candidate wish to apply for M.F.Sc. then a combined examination for the award of ICAR Junior Research Fellowship and for admissions to 100% seats of Master’s Degree Programme at CIFE is conducted by the Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- He will be selected at the time of counseling for the award of ICAR Junior Research Fellowship and admission to State Agricultural Universities and Deemed Universities will be on the basis of the merit in the Entrance Examination
- If he do not possess the B.F.Sc. degree, but he is having the experience of more than five years in the department, then has has to experience the deficiency course for one year in the same discipline prior joining the M.F.Sc. programme
- The candidate has to undergo by an All India Competitive Written Examination for admission to Ph.D. in Fisheries which shall be held in June at Mumbai. If he fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria, only then he will be permitted to appear at the Entrance Test. His knowledge and aptitude will be tested before the interview is conducted in the form of an entrance examination. Prior information’s regarding the examination will be available on the website.
CIFE Mumbai Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||The issuing of application form and information bulletin by post starts as on||7th May, 2019|
|2||The Last date of sale application form and information bulletin by post||6th June, 2019 - 30th June, 2019|
|3||Written Exam||29th July, 2019|
|4||Date of Interview||30th July, 2019|
Central Institute of Fisheries Education,
Panch Marg, off Yari Road,
Versova, Andheri ( West ),
Mumbai – 400 061,
Telephone No : 022-26361446 / 7 / 8,
Fax No : 022-26361573 ,
Website : www.cife.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.