Central University of Kerala PhD Admission 2016
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for registration to the PhD programe of Central University of Kerala for the academic year 2016 -2017 on full time basis as per University regulations.
Mathematics, Chemistry, Linguistic, Genomic Science, Animal Science, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Environmental Science, English and Comparative Literature, Economics, International Relations and Politics, Physics, Plant Science, Computer Science, Social work, Education, Hindi.
Central University of Kerala PhD Admission Eligibility 2016 :
- Candidates seeking registration to the doctoral program shall have passed the Master’s Degree in the concerned / allied / relevant subject with 55% marks in the qualifying examination, or with a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale, from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission, provided that a candidate belonging to SC / ST community shall be eligible for concession up to 5% marks.
Central University of Kerala PhD Admission Procedure 2016 :
Doctoral Entrance Test ( DET ) :
- All candidates, whose applications for registration to the doctoral program are found to be in order, will be required to take the Doctoral Entrance Test ( DET ) conducted by the University Department concerned.
- Candidates, who secure a minimum of 50% marks in the DET, will be deemed to have qualified in the Test.
Exemption from DET :
The following candidates are exempted from taking the Doctoral Entrance Test ( DET ) :
- Candidates qualified under INSPIRE / UGC-CSIR NET / ICMR / GATE / ICAR / DBT / NBHM / ICSSR / KSCSTE or under State Eligibility Tests recognized for the purpose by the University.
- Candidates with research fellowships awarded by a Governmental agency/ Government in India.
- Foreign students, self-funded or sponsored by Governmental agencies / Government, subject to clearance of Government of India as per rules.
- Students of Indian origin, working in an overseas institution / laboratory and involved in a collaborative research programme with a Research Guide of this University.
- Students engaged in a sandwich doctoral program of collaborative research between this University and another institution as approved by the Executive Council.
- Teachers of Universities / aided colleges / Government or Quasi – Government institutions, with a minimum continuous service of five years as permanent employees.
- MPhil degree holders, including Integrated MPhil Degree holders of this University, with a minimum CGPA of 6.0, provided the candidate intends to pursue the doctoral program in the same / allied / relevant subject as that of the M. Phil. degree.
Interview and Advise of Admission
All candidates who have submitted consent letters in tine as stanted above will be required to present and discuss her / his research interest at an interview before the Department Research Committee ( DRC ) or a sub committee constituted by it. All candidates certified by the DRC of being successful at the Interview shall be served on the same day, with an advice for admission.
Central University of Kerala PhD Admission Application Form 2016 :
Candidate seeking registration to the doctoral program in CUK may downloaded the prescibed application form from the University website : www.cukerala.ac.in and submit the dully filled form along with DD for 1000/-( for SC / ST / PWD candidates 500/- only ) drawn in favour of Registrar, Central University of Kerala payable at Periye / Kasaragod to the Head of the University Department concerned on or before 24th June, 2016.
Central University of Kerala PhD Admission Important Dates 2016 :
- Date of CUK PhD Notification : 17th May, 2016.
- Last date for receipt of completed applications by Heads of University Departments : 24th June, 2016 .
Central University of Kerala Contact Address
Central University of Kerala,
Tejaswini Hills, Periye ( PO ),
Kasaragod ( DT ),
Kerala – 671316, India,
Telephone No. : 0467-2232414,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://cukerala.ac.in/.