Centre for Development of Advanced Computing – CDAC Admission 2019Admission Notification »
CDAC Admission 2019
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing invites the application to PG Diploma courses for the academic session 2019.
CDAC Admission Eligibility 2019
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent ( e.g. BE / BTech / 4-year BSc Engg / AMIE / DoEACC B Level ) in IT / Computer Science / Electronics / Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation.
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering Sciences with corresponding basic degree ( e.g. MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics ).
- In addition to the common eligibility criteria given above, candidates with the course-specific qualifications ALSO ELIGIBLE for the particular courses. Minimum percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination. The minimum percentage of marks will be considered as per the norms of the university from where the candidate has graduated.
|Course code||Course name||Eligibility||Minimum Marks|
|Category I ( Section A in C-CAT )|
|PG-DGi||Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics||50 %|
|Category II ( Sections A+B in C-CAT )|
|PG-DAC||Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing||50 %|
|PG-DMC||Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing||50 %|
|PG-DSSD||Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development||55 %|
|PG-DITISS||Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security||55 %|
|PG-DBDA||Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics||55 %|
|PG-DIoT||Post Graduate Diploma in Internet of Things||55 %|
|PG-DHPCSA||Post Graduate Diploma in HPC System Administration||55 %|
|Category III ( Sections A+B+C in C-CAT )|
|PG-DESD||Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design||55 %|
|PG-DVLSI||Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design||55 %|
|PG-DBIHI||Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics||55 %|
- There is no age restriction for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses. Candidates who have appeared for the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2019 will also be considered for admission to the above courses. By qualifying in C-DAC’s admission tests of June / July 2019, such candidates can apply for provisional admission in August 2019 batch, subject to the condition that the following
- All parts of their qualifying degree examination shall be completed by the date of joining the course,
- Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with at least the required minimum marks shall be submitted at C-DAC.
CDAC Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- C-CAT has three sections ( Section A, Section B, Section C ) of one hour duration each. Depending on the category of courses selected by the candidate, he / she will have to either appear for just one test paper ( Section A ) or two test papers ( Section A and Section B ) or all the three test papers ( Section A, Section B and Section C ). The medium of C-CAT is English.
Every section in C-CAT will have 50 objective-type questions. Each question will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct.
- There will be +3 ( plus three ) marks for each correct answer, -1 ( minus one ) for each wrong answer, and 0 ( zero ) marks for each un-attempted question. The maximum mark a candidate can obtain in any one section of C-CAT is 150.
|Course Category||Course Name||C-CAT Paper(s)|
|I||PG Diploma in Geoinformatics ( PG-DGi )||Section A|
|II||PG Diploma in Advanced Computing ( PG-DAC )||Section A + Section B|
|PG Diploma in Mobile Computing ( PG-DMC )|
|PG Diploma in System Software Development ( PG-DSSD )|
|PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security ( PG-DITISS )|
|PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics ( PG-DBDA )|
|PG Diploma in Internet of Things ( PG-DIoT )|
|PG Diploma in HPC System Administration ( PG-HPCSA )|
|III||PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design ( PG-DESD )||Section A + Section B + Section C|
|PG Diploma in VLSI Design ( PG-DVLSI )|
|PG Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics ( PG-DBIHI )|
CDAC Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing admission application forms will be available at the website www.cdac.in.
- For candidates who opt ( in the online application ) to use their own laptops for C-CAT, the examination fee for Category I ( Section A ) is [rupee]1100/-, for Category II ( Sections A & B ) is [rupee]1300/-, and for Category III ( Sections A, B & C ) is [rupee]1500/-. A computer usage charge of [rupee]250/- will be added to the fee if the candidate opts in the online application to use the computer of the C-CAT centre.
- Candidates may note that the C-CAT examination fee once paid is not refundable.
CDAC Admission Admit Card 2019
- Candidates can download their admit cards from C-DAC’s website during the dates mentioned under Important Dates.No candidate will be permitted to appear for C-CAT without a valid admit card.The admit card along with a photo identity proof must be presented to the C-CAT officials / invigilators for verification at the time of the test.
- The venue, date and time of C-CAT will be communicated to the candidates on the admit cards. Candidates must appear for C-CAT on the specified date and time at the venue mentioned on the admit card. Candidates who have opted to use their own laptops for CCAT must configure their laptops well in advance as per the instructions given on the admit cards. Examination fee will not be refunded to candidates who are absent or coming late for C-CAT.
CDAC Admission Selection Process 2019
- Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC are done through C-DAC’s computerised Common Admission Test ( C-CAT ). Candidates have to apply for C-CAT online. C-CAT is usually conducted in June / July ( for August admissions ) and December ( for February admissions ). Candidates who clear the December, 2018 C-CAT will only be considered for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of February, 2019 batch on the basis of their C-CAT ranks and centre / course preferences.
CDAC Admission Syllabus 2019
|Section A||English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning||1 hour|
|Section B||Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communication & Networking, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Operating Systems||1 hour|
|Section C||Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors||1 hour|
CDAC Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Beginning of Online Registration and Application for C-CAT||23rd October, 2018|
|2||Closing of Online Registration & Application, and |
Payment of Examination Fee for C-CAT
|3rd December, 2018|
|3||Downloading of C-CAT Admit Cards||6th to 13th December, 2018|
|4||C-DAC's Common Admission Test ( C-CAT )||9th and 16th December, 2018|
|5||Announcement of C-CAT Ranks||27th December, 2018|
|6||Online Selection of Courses and Centres ( 1st Counselling )||27th December, 2018 to 3rd January, 2019|
|7||Declaration of First Round of Seat Allocation||7th January, 2019|
|8||Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee for candidates allocated seats through the first round||16th January, 2019|
|9||Declaration of Second Round of Seat Allocation||21st January, 2019|
|10||Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28th January, 2019|
|11||Payment of caution deposit and Online Selection of Courses and Centres ( 2nd Counselling )||30th January to 4th February, 2019|
|12||Declaration of Third Round of Seat Allocation ( based on 2nd Counselling )||6th February, 2019|
|13||Last Date of Payment of Balance Course Fee||14th February, 2019|
|14||Registration of Students at Training Centres||18th February, 2019|
|15||Commencement of PG Diploma Courses||19th February, 2019|
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
A Scientific Society of the Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, ( Government of India )
A – 34, Industrial Area,
Phase VIII, Mohali – 160 071, India,
Phone No. : + 91 – 172 – 2237052 – 55, +91 – 172 – 6619000,
Fax : + 91 – 172 – 2237050 – 51,
Website : www.cdac.in.