Coimbatore Institute of Technology – CIT AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Coimbatore Institute of Technology CIT Admission 2019
Coimbatore Institute of Technology invites applications for admission to UG and PG programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
CIT Admission Courses Offered 2019
- BE – Bachelor of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- BTech – Bachelor of Technology
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- M.E. Degree in
- Computer Methods & Applications in Structural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Heat Power Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Applied Electronics
- Embedded and real time systems
- Communication Engineering
- VLSI Design
- Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech. Degree in
- Chemical Engineering
- Process dynamics and Control
- M.Sc. ( 5 year Integrated Course )
- Software Systems
- Date Science
- MCA – Master of Computer Applications
CIT Admission Eligibility 2019
- Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission, However, children of central Government employees not domiciled in this state may also apply and compete with other candidates irrespective of their domicile provided their parents or guardians are serving continuously in this state for five years at the time of submission of application. This should be supported by a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian. Children of persons ( not domiciled in this state ) employed in registered joint stock companies ( private or public ) or in government recognized institution who are at the time of submission of application employed in this state may also apply and compete with other candidates irrespective of their domicile for applying, a certificate from the management is produced along with the application to the effect that the person is a permanent employee of the firm or institution concerned and that he is serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years. These rules are subjected to the modifications specified by the Anna University from time to time.
- A candidate should have passed the B.E. degree in the respective branch of engineering of Anna University or equivalent examination of any other university / institution.
M.Tech. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- A candidate should have passed the B.Tech degree examination of the Anna University or equivalent thereto in Chemical Engineering. Admission to M.E. / M.Tech degree courses is carried out through central counselling organised by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- A Pass in HSC or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- A Pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% ( 45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) in the qualifying degree examination.
- 10+2+3 / 4 years Pattern ( or )
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern ( or )
- 10+2 AMIE*
CIT Admission Reservation of Seats 2019
Reservation Criteria : 69% of the total seats are reserved for (SC / ST / OBC / PWD). Rest 30 – 31% seats are free for open competition.
CIT Admission Application Form 2019
CIT admission application form is available in the official website www.cit.edu.in.
How to apply
BE / B.Tech ( TNEA )
- Applicants aspiring for admission to under graduate engineering degree course have to apply for TNEA. The application form can be filled through website of Anna University.
- For Online Mode : The candidates have to pay ₹ 500/- ( general candidates )
- For Offline Mode : The candidates have to pay ₹ 700/- ( general category ) and ₹ 450/- ( scheduled caste / scheduled tribe / OBC ).
- After the forms are filled and application process is over. Candidates who’ve applied will be called for counseling as per their performance in the class 12th / HSC examination. Admission will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Application form for TANCET can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates have to first get registered and then fill the form using Login id and pass word obtained during registration. At last candidates have to pay application fees online. Application fees is ₹ 500/- for general category and ₹ 250/- for the rest.
CIT Selection Procedure 2019
UG Courses : The admission will be done through the TNEA Rank List only. The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of performance in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
ME & MTech : Candidates will be admitted on the basis of performance in TANCET.
MSc : Candidates ( other than SC / ST ) with an aggregate of 80% and above in Mathematics and Physics / Computer Science only need to apply.
CIT Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||TANCET Application Start Date||2nd April, 2019|
|2||TANCET Exam Date||19th May, 2019 - 20th May, 2019|
|3||TNEA Application Start Date||3rd May, 2019|
|4||TNEA Application End Date||2nd June, 2019|
Coimbatore Institute of Technology,
Civil Aerodrome Post,
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India – 641 014,
Telephone No. : + 91 – 422 – 2574071, + 91 – 422 – 2574072,
Fax : + 91 – 422 – 2575020,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.cit.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.