Delhi Technological University PhD Admission 2019
[tabby title=”PhD Admission 2019″]
DTU PhD Admission 2019
Delhi Technological University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for the following specializations 2019
DTU PhD Admission Courses 2019
- Applied Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Chemistry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
DTU PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- An applicant possessing a Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Sciences / Management / Humanities and Social Sciences in relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible
- 5% relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC / ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to appear in the screening test
- Part-time applicants will be eligible under three categories (i) Candidates from organizations which have MOU with Delhi Technological University (ii) Organizations with R&D Labs of national repute (iii) Regular faculty / Teaching cum Research Fellow or Scientists from Educational Institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt. Department / Govt. Undertaking provided that
Reservation / Relaxation
- Reservation of seats for applicants in each of the categories of the Research Scholars shall be in accordance with the policies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi
- Physically handicapped applicants may be permitted 5% marks or equivalent CGPA relaxation in eligibility requirement of or equivalent in line with the policies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi
DTU PhD Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- DTU admission application form can be Downloaded from Delhi Technological University Website www.dtu.ac.in.
- The application form received after the last date will not be considered under any circumstances
- The candidates may contact faculty members / Head of the concerned academic departments for selecting their area of research work; also, they must see updates regarding admission on the DTU Website.
- The duly filled application form be submitted in the University along with a specific demand draft of [rupee]1000/- for each department applied for on or before the last date of receipt of completed application form
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University”, payable at Delhi-110042 Incomplete / late received Applications are likely to be rejected
DTU Admission Selection Process 2019
- Selection is based on screening test & interview, done by the PhD coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor / Dean Academic ( PG ) in consultation with the respective departments
Important Dates for DTU Admission 2019
|1||Advertisement in Newspaper||May, 2019|
|2||Opening of website for online registration||May, 2019|
|3||Last Date for Online Registration & Fee Deposit||June, 2019|
|4||Display of List Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test on DTU Website||June, 2019|
|5||Date of Screening Test||June, 2019|
|6||Declaration of Result on DTU||June, 2019|
|7||Date of Interview||July, 2019|
|8||Declaration of Final Result on DTU Website||July, 2019|
|9||Date of Admission||July, 2019|
|10||Last Date of Refund of Admission Fee||July, 2019|
|11||Display of Vacant Seat for Wait Listed Candidates on DTU Web||August, 2019|
|12||Spot Round of Admission||August, 2019|
[tabby title=”PhD Admission ( Visvesvaraya Fellowship Scheme )”]
Delhi Technological University PhD Admission
Delhi Technological University invites admission application for Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program with the following specialization Under Visvesvaraya Fellowship Scheme.
Ph.D Programs ( Full Time 2 vacancies Part Time 3 vacancies ) are offered in the following academic departments :
|Application Form : http://admissions.ibsindia.org/PGPM2017/registration/|
The applications for admission to the Ph.D programme shall be classified under any one of the following categories :
- University Research student/candidate (Full Time)
- Part Time Research student/candidate (with residency requirement)
DTU PhD Admission Eligibility
An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering / Technology / in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the year / semesters ) or equivalent cumulative Grade point Average ( CGPA ) as determined by the Delhi Technological University and at least 60% marks in aggregate (( of all the year / semesters ) or equivalent CGPA at Bachelor’s degree level shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D programme of the University provided he should not have attained an age of 50 yrs. The relaxation in age limit may be done by Academic Council on case to case basis. In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelors’ degree in Engineering & Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate ( of all semesters ) or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
Part- time applicants will be eligible under three categories (i) candidates from organization which have MOU with Delhi Technological University (ii) Regular faculty / Teaching cum Research Fellow or Science from Educational institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt, Devotement / Govt. Undertaking Provided that :
- The applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in 1;
- The applicant is having at least two years experience in regular capacity as on 27.01.2016
- The applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permit him / her to devote sufficient time on research:
- Facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research or the applicant can spare sufficient time to pursue research in the Department of the Delhi Technological University on daily basis, residing in the vicinity of the University; and
- He / She will be permitted to reside at the Delhi Technological University for a period of not less than 6 months during his/her registration for the degree.
(This condition of minimum residence will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in National Capital region (NCR) of Delhi or in organisations/ Institutions located within a distance of 50km from the Delhi Technological University).
If the number of courses prescribed by the DRC is more than 12, then the residency requirement for part time Ph.D students working in Educational Institutes/Organisation outside NCR of Delhi will be 1 Year.
Project staff under sponsored projects, sponsored projects, sponsored by DST/UGC/ any government agency, industry or centers established from grant-in-aid from government or international agencies at Delhi Technological University for not less than 2 year duration may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on part-time basis at any time after completing two years of service in the University subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/ centre and approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi college of Engineering ) may be given administrative clearance to seek registration on Part-time basis after satisfactory completion of the period of probation subject to recommendations of the concerned head of the Department and approval of the Vice Chancellor
DTU PhD Admission Application Form
How to apply
- The DTU PhD application form can be downloaded from DTU website www.dtu.ac.in and the duly filled application form be submitted in the University along with a specific demand draft of [rupee]1000/- for each department applied for on or before the last date of receipt of completed application form.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University”, payable at “Delhi”.
DTU PhD Admission Selection Process
- The shortlisting of applications for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the Ph.D coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor / Dean Acad ( PG ) in consultation with the respective departments.
- The screening test shall be conducted by Ph.D coordinator / Dean Acad ( PG ). The DRC of the concerned department shall decide the cut off for the screening test for shortlisting the candidates for the interview.
- The interview shall be conducted by a committee comprising of Vice-Chancellor, Chairman, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean Academic ( PG ) and Ph.D coordinator as common members along with the members of respective DRCs.
DTU PhD Admission Important Dates
- Application Form for Download Will be Available from Website January
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Form at DTU January
- Dates for Written Test January
- Date for Interview January
Note : The list of the shortlisted candidates for screening test for admissions to Ph.D program will be displayed on the venue within two hours after the written examination likely on January No separate call letter will be issued. The shortlisted candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travelling and lodging.
Delhi Technological University
Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road,
Telephone No : +91-11-27871018
Fax No : +91-11-27871023
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.dtu.ac.in.