Delhi Technological University PhD Admission 2016
Delhi Technological University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for the following specializations 2016 – 2017 :
- Applied Physics
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Chemistry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
DTU Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering / Technology / Sciences / Management / Humanities in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the years /semesters ) or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University. In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate ( of all semesters ) or Equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
- An employee of a Government Department / Government Undertaking, a Research / Development Organisation, a Public Sector Undertaking, an Educational Institution or a reputed private industry in Engineering & Technological manufacturing / R&D / Services with a minimum relevant working experience of two years may be considered for admission as a sponsored ( full-time ) / part-time Research scholar. Sponsored applicants will be eligible for admission provided they are treated by their employers as on duty with their normal salary and allowances and are fully relieved for the period of study.
DTU PhD Admissions 2016
DTU admits Full Time / Part – Time scholars. Th areas in which the seats are available under the various departments are given below :
|Name of Department||Area of Specialization|
|Applied Phsics||Nanotechnology, Especially Carbon nano tube and Graphene, Dusty plasma / THz Radiation Emission, high power microwave devices, Photonics and Photonic Crystals, Waveguide based Devices, Nanophotonics, Strongly coupled dusty plasma, Glass Science and Technology Phosphors, Photoluminescence, Organic & Nano-Material, Time-resolved spectroscopy, , Semiconductor Devices-Modeling and simulation, FPGA, waveguide based devices, Fibre and Integrated optics, Luminescent Material, Glasses, Nanophosphors, Material science, Experimental Lithium Ion battery, Multiferroic materials, Experimental Atomic physics, Gas sensors|
|Management||Managerial themes such as E-Governance, Information Technology Management & Strategy, Marketing Management, Distribution and Retail Management, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management, Corporate governance and Ethics, Public Policy and Governance, Accounting and Finance, Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisition and Corporate Restructuring.|
|Electrical Engineering||Power system Optimization, AI Techniques, Modeling & Analysis of Electrical machines, Power Electronics & Drives Intelligent control of non linear systems, FACTS, SSR, voltage stability, power Quality Improvement, Grid Integration, Micro grid, smart Grid, BPL Analog Signal processing(Linear & Non Linear), Power system & control, system Engineering, Power system Analysis, Intelligent control, Power electronics, renewable energy, HVDC, Power Quality, power system restructuring, AI in Electricity market forecasting, Wind Energy forecasting, Embedded system, Information security, design of power supply|
|Applied Chemistry||Organic Chemistry, Fiber Technology, Polymer Technology, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Multiphase Reactor Systems, Bio- based polymers, Conducting polymers, Polymer Composites, Gene delivery applications , Biomaterials, Advance Materials|
|Mechanical Engineering||Turbo Machinery, Fluid Mechanics, Power Plant Engineering, I.C. Engines, Automobile Engineering, Refrigeration and Airconditioning, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Solar Energy, Bio Fuels, Power Plant, Industrial Engineering & Supply Chain Mgmt, Robotics, CAD/CAM, Welding, Production Engineering, System Dynamics, Structural Vibration, Modeling & Simulation, Automation, Advanced Manufacturing Process, Human Factor Engineering, Industrial Management, Quality Engineering.|
|Electronics & Communication||VLSI Design, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Object Tracking, Image Processing, Human Computer Interaction, Wireless Sensor Network, Microwave Engineering, Antenna Design, Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, RF Devices, Nano-electronics, Network Security, and Cloud Computing.|
|Humanities||Women, Education and Inclusive Growth|
|Biotechnology||Molecular Neuroscience, Functional Genomics, Neurooncology, Bioremediation, Water Quality Management, Immunostimulation, Radiation Biology, Genome Informatics, Nanobiotechnology, Biosensors, Immunology, Plant Biotechnology|
|Computer Engineering||Software Testing & Quality, Software Metrics, Machine Learning, Software Reliability, High Performance Computing, Soft Computing, Optimisation Techniques, Parallel Computing, Web Technology, Image Processing, Soft Computing, Evolutionary Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Information Security|
|Civil Engineering||Structural Engineering, Concrete Technology, Cementitious Materials, Prestressed Concrete, Tall Structures and Rehabilitation of Structures, Geotechnical Engineering, Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, GeoEnvironment Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Hyper Spectral, Microwave Remote Sensing.|
|Environment Engineering||Water Pollution, Waste Water Treatment, Environment Modeling, Phytoremediation, Water Management, Air Pollution, Geoenvironmental Engg., Solid Waste Management and Noise Pollution.|
|Applied Mathematics||Information Theory, Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, General Relativity and Cosmology, Optimization Technique, Complex Analysis, Cosmology, Mathematical Modelling, Approximation Theory, Stochastic Process.|
DTU Admission 2016 Selection Procedure
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the Ph.D. coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the respective departments.
- Written test will be of 60 marks having 60 questions from entire spectrum of the department syllabus and 1½ Hr. duration along with interview weightage of 40 marks. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of 100 marks.
- The screening test shall be conducted by PhD coordinator. The DRC of the concerned department shall decide the cut off for the screening test for shortlisting the candidates for the interview.
- The screening test shall be waived for academic staff of the University ( including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering ), sponsored applicants from organization having MOU with the University, UGC /CSIR JRF fellowship holders, foreign students who apply through Ministry of Human Resource Development or foreign students under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Programme of government of India.
- The interview shall be conducted by a committee comprising of Vice – Chancellor, Chairman, Pro Vice – Chancellor, D – IRD and Ph.D coordinator as common members along with the members of respective DRCs.
DTU Admission 2016 Application Form
- DTU admission application form can be Downloaded from Delhi Technological University Website : www.dtuadmissions.nic.in
- Send completed DTU admission application along with a DD for 1000/- in favour of “Registrar, DTU Ph.D. new admission” , payable at Delhi.
- Filled DTU admission application post by sent to the following address :
Delhi Technological University,
Delhi – 110 042, India.
- No need to send any part of application form to DTU by post.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates for screening test for admission to PhD program will be displayed on the DTU website : www.dtuadmissions.nic.in on 15th June, 2016, 26th June, 2016 and 29th June, 2016 respectively. No separate call letter will be dispatched. The shortlisted candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travelling and loading.
- Incomplete Applications are likely to be rejected.
Important Dates for DTU Admission 2016 :
|1||Opening of online application on DTU admission website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in||16th May, 2016, Monday|
|2||Last Date for online application||06th June, 2016, Monday 12:00 Midnight|
|3||Display of list of shortlisted candidates for written test on DTU admission website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in||15th June, 2016 Wednesday|
|4||Date of Written test||26th June, 2016, Sunday|
|5||Declaration of result on DTU admission website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in||26th June, 2016, Sunday Evening|
|6||Dates for Interview||27th June, 2016 & 28th June, 2016, Mononday & Tuesday|
|7||Declaration of final result on DTU admission website www.dtuadmissions.nic.in||29th June, 2016, Wednesday|
|8||Date of admission||13th July, 2016, Wednesday|
|9||Display of vacant seats for spot round on DTU admissions website||15th July, 2016, ( Friday ) at 5:00 pm|
|10||Spot round of admissions at DTU ( Selected candidates are required to report along with original documents and bank draft for fee deposit )||22nd July, 2016, ( Wednesday ) at 10:00 am|
Contact Details :
Delhi Technological University
Shahbad Daulatpur, Bawana Road,
Telephone No : +91-11-27871018
Fax No : +91-11-27871023
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.dtuadmissions.nic.in.
Delhi Technological University PhD Admission 2015
Main Bawana Road,
Delhi – 110 042,
Telephone No. : 011 – 27871043,
Fax : 011 – 27871023,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.dce.edu / www.dtuadmissions.nic.in
Delhi Technological University invites admission application for Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program with the following specialization for the session 2015 – 2016 Under Visvesvaraya Fellowship Scheme.
Ph.D Programs ( Full Time 2 vacancies Part Time 3 vacancies ) are offered in the following academic departments :
|Application Form : http://admissions.ibsindia.org/PGPM2017/registration/|
The applications for admission to the Ph.D programme shall be classified under any one of the following categories :
- University Research student/candidate (Full Time)
- Part Time Research student/candidate (with residency requirement)
DTU PhD Admission Eligibility 2015
1. An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering / Technology / in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the year / semesters ) or equivalent cumulative Grade point Average ( CGPA ) as determined by the Delhi Technological University and at least 60% marks in aggregate (( of all the year / semesters ) or equivalent CGPA at Bachelor’s degree level shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D programme of the University provided he should not have attained an age of 50 yrs. The relaxation in age limit may be done by Academic Council on case to case basis. In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelors’ degree in Engineering & Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate ( of all semesters ) or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
2. Part- time applicants will be eligible under three categories (i) candidates from organization which have MOU with Delhi Technological University (ii) Regular faculty / Teaching cum Research Fellow or Science from Educational institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt, Devotement / Govt. Undertaking Provided that :
- The applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in 1;
- The applicant is having at least two years experience in regular capacity as on 27.01.2016
- The applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permit him / her to devote sufficient time on research:
- Facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research or the applicant can spare sufficient time to pursue research in the Department of the Delhi Technological University on daily basis, residing in the vicinity of the University; and
- He / She will be permitted to reside at the Delhi Technological University for a period of not less than 6 months during his/her registration for the degree.
(This condition of minimum residence will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in National Capital region (NCR) of Delhi or in organisations/ Institutions located within a distance of 50km from the Delhi Technological University).
If the number of courses prescribed by the DRC is more than 12, then the residency requirement for part time Ph.D students working in Educational Institutes/Organisation outside NCR of Delhi will be 1 Year.
3. Project staff under sponsored projects, sponsored projects, sponsored by DST/UGC/ any government agency, industry or centers established from grant-in-aid from government or international agencies at Delhi Technological University for not less than 2 year duration may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on part-time basis at any time after completing two years of service in the University subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/ centre and approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
4. Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi college of Engineering ) may be given administrative clearance to seek registration on Part-time basis after satisfactory completion of the period of probation subject to recommendations of the concerned head of the Department and approval of the Vice Chancellor
DTU PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2015
- The shortlisting of applications for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the Ph.D coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor / Dean Acad ( PG ) in consultation with the respective departments.
- The screening test shall be conducted by Ph.D coordinator / Dean Acad ( PG ). The DRC of the concerned department shall decide the cut off for the screening test for shortlisting the candidates for the interview.
- The interview shall be conducted by a committee comprising of Vice-Chancellor, Chairman, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean Academic ( PG ) and Ph.D coordinator as common members along with the members of respective DRCs.
How to Apply for DTU PhD Admission 2015
- The DTU PhD application form can be downloaded from DTU website www.dtu.ac.in and the duly filled application form be submitted in the University along with a specific demand draft of 1,000/- for each department applied for on or before the last date of receipt of completed application form.
- The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Delhi Technological University”, payable at “Delhi”.
Important Dates for DTU PhD Admission 2015
- Application Form for Download Will be Available from Website www.dtu.ac.in : 11th January, 2016 ( Monday )
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application Form at DTU : 27th January, 2016 ( extended )
- Dates for Written Test : 30th January, 2016 ( Saturday )
- Date for Interview : 30th January, 2016 ( Saturday )
Note : The list of the shortlisted candidates for screening test for admissions to Ph.D program will be displayed on the venue within two hours after the written examination likely on 30th January, 2016. ( Saturday ) No separate call letter will be issued. The shortlisted candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travelling and lodging.