Department of Handlooms and Textiles AdmissionAdmission Notification »
2012 Admission in Department of Handlooms and Textiles
Director of Handlooms and Textiles,
Indian Institute of Handloom Technology, Salemis an ISO 9001 – 2008 certified institution and recognised by AICTE.
Department of Handlooms and Textiles Applications are invited from the candidates belonging to the State of Tamil Nadu for admission into the First Semester of 3 year Diploma Course in Handloom and Textile Technology in Indian Institute of Handloom Technology, Salem commencing from 16th July 2012.
Department of Handlooms and Textiles Admission Eligibility 2012 :
- Educational Qualification : To be eligible for admission to first year of Diploma Course in Handloom and Textile Technology, the candidate should have passed 10th Standard or equivalent examination with English as a subject of study.
(ii) Age limit :
- The age for admission of a candidate should be between 15 and 23 years and for SC / ST candidates, it should be between 15 and 25 years as on 1 st July 2012.
(iii) Reservation :
- The Reservation Policy of the State ofTamilnadu will be followed. In addition to th above, minimum 20% of the total seats allotted to the State is reserved for candidates belonging to Weavers Community.
- Shortfall, if any, will be met out from the candidates other than Weavers’ Community.
(iv) Number of Seats :
- The Government of India have allotted 26 seats to IIHT, Salem.
- This apart, selection for 4 seats to SPKM, IIHT, Venkatagiri, Andhra Pradesh; 8 seats to KHTI, Gadag, Karnataka; and 6 seats to IIHT, Kannur, Kerala would be made.
2. Stipend :
- Each candidate admitted into the course will be paid stipend of ₹ 400/- per month for First year, ₹ 450/- per month for Second year and ₹ 500/- per month for Third year.
- 50% Central share of stipend shall be paid by IIHT, Salemand remaining 50% i.e. t 200/- p.m. for First year, ₹ 225/- p.m. for Second year and ₹ 1250/- pm for Third year will be paid to the students by the Government of Tamil Nadu for the duration of course ( tenable for 10 months from 16th July to 15th May ).
Department of Handlooms and Textiles Admission Procedure 2012 :
- Department of Handlooms and Textiles Admission Application Forms can be had from the Office of the Director of Handlooms and Textiles, Kuralagam, II Floor, Chennai – 600108 in person on all working days at free of cost or by Post by enclosing a self – addressed stamped envelope for ₹ 5/- on or before 10th June, 2012.
- Requisitions received without stamped envelope for sending the Application by Post will not be entertained.
- The last date for the receipt of the filled in applications is 10th June, 2012 upto 5.45 pm.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.