Department of Higher Education Admission 2010
Department of Higher Education
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
Chennai – 600 006.
Department of Higher Education announcement regarding B.Ed. Programs for the year 2010 – 2011.
B.Ed. Admission under Single Window System is going to take place at :
Lady Willingdon Institute of Advanced Study in Education (Autonomous), Chennai – 5.
For 21 colleges (two IASE’s, 5 Government Colleges and 14 Aided Education Colleges). Application Forms will be sold from 30 July, 2010 to 10 August, 2010 on all days including Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cost of the Application is Rs. 300/- and Rs. 175/- for SC and ST candidates (SC and ST candidates should submit the copy of their community certificate).
Amount can be paid in cash or through a demand draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Tamilnadu B.Ed. Admissions, Chennai” from any nationalized or from any scheduled banks payable at Chennai.
Applications will be sold in person only. Sending the DD through posts will not be accepted.
Applications are available at :
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Saidapet, Chennai – 600 015.
- Lady Willingdon Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Triplicane, Chennai – 600 005.
- Government College of Education, Kumarapalayam – 638 183.
- Government College of Education, Orathanadu – 614 625.
- Government College of Education, Pudukottai – 622 001.
- Government College of Education, Coimbatore – 641 001.
- Government College of Education, Gandhinagar, Vellore – 632 006.
- Annammal College of Education, Tuticorin – 628 002.
- Lakshmi College of Education, Gandhigram – 624 302.
- N.K.T.National College of Education (Women), Triplicane, Chennai – 600 005.
- Sri. R.K.M.V.College of Education, Coimbatore – 641 020.
- Sri Sarada College of Education, Salem – 636 016
- Thiagarajar College of Preceptors, Madurai – 625 009
- V.O.C. College of Education. Tuticorin – 628 008
- Meston College of Education, Rayapettah, Chennai – 600 014.
- St. Xaviers College of Education, Palayamkottai – 627 002.
- Stella Matutina College of Education (Women), Chennai – 600 083.
- St. Christopher’s College of Education (Women), Vepery, Chennai – 600 007.
- St. Justin College of Education (Women), Madurai – 625 009.
- St. Ignatius College of Education (Women), Palayamkottai – 627 002.
- N.V.K.S.D.College of Education, Attoor, Thiruvataru – 629 191.
Eligibility for Tamilnadu B.Ed. Admission 2010 :
Community / Category Percentage of Marks
Open Category 50%
BC and BC(M) 45%
MBC / DNC 43%
SC & ST 40%
- For Differently abled and blind students just pass in under graduate course is sufficient.
- To avail the weightage of marks for PG courses, subject studied in UG and PG should be the same. For the subjects like Home Science, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic and Indian Culture only those with PG degree alone can apply.
- Subjects and number of seats allotted in two IASE’s and in others Govt, and Aided Education Colleges will be announced at the time of Counselling.
- Filled in application should reach the following addresses on or before 10 August, 2010, 3 p.m. Late applications will not be considered.The Secretary,
Tamilnadu B.Ed. Admission Lady Willingdon IASE,
Chennai – 5.
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for department of higher education admission 2010 by