National Institute of Technology PhD Admission 2017
Dr BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology applications are invited for admission to PhD ( Full Time ) programme for the Academic Year 2016 – 2017 ( Session January – 2017 ).
NITJ PhD Admission 2017 Courses
- Humanities and Management
NITJ PhD Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Engineering Departments :
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks ( or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale ) in the qualifying examination.
Science Departments :
- Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks ( or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale ) in the qualifying examination.
Humanities & Management :
- Master’s degree in Management / related areas of Management ( Commerce, Public Administration, Engineering Law, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Business Economics, Sociology etc. ) with;
- 60% Marks ( or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale ) in the qualifying examination in Management.
- 55% marks in Humanities or Social Sciences ( or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale )
Candidates for PhD in Sciences departments and Humanities and Management department should be JRF / NET / GATE qualified.
- Relaxation in minimum Percentage / Equivalent Grade Point requirements will be given as per the National Reservation Policy of Government of India.
Broad Areas of Research
Email address of HOD
|PhD ( Full Time )
( Broad Areas of Research )
New and Renewable Energy
Multiphase Flow and Reactors
Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
Water and Wastewater Treatment
Solid Waste Management
Chemical Process Safety
Membrane Separation Process
Modeling and Simulation
Durability of Concrete
Recycled Concrete Aggregate
|4||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Data Mining, Data Warehousing
Databases & Software Engineering
Software Engineering – software measurement
Software Quality Assessment
Dynamic Analysis Techniques
Mining Software Repositories
Object-oriented analysis and design
Digital Image Processing
Natural Language Processing
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
Software Defined Radios
Modeling and Simulation of Fading Channels
Wireless Sensor Networks
|6||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|Wireless Networks and Wireless Sensor Network
Biomedical Instrumentation & Signal Processing
Telemetering / Wireless Sensor Network / Application in body area networks
Power Systems, Soft Computing
Bio-medical Instrumentation, Process Control
Robotics and Automation
|7||Industrial & Production Engineering|
|Supply Chain Management
Reliability and Maintenance Engineering
Finite Element Analysis
Quality Management Welding
|Modelling of Weaving / Stitching Process or Head Transfer through Fibrous material
Fabric Structure-property Relationship, Sewing Threads, Seam joining, Technical Textiles
Process Control in Spinning, Medical Textile, Liquid
Filtration, Apparel Technology, Yarn Manufacturing & Characterization of Textile products
Textile Chemical Processing / Pretreatment / Dyeing / Finishing;
Waste Water Treatment in Textiles
|9||Humanities & Management|
Human Resource Management
Entrepreneurship Development & Management
|Theoretical Plasma Physics - Laser Plasma Interactions High Energy Physics
Radiation / Nuclear Physics
Theoretical Particle Physics
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
Liquid Crystals ( experimental )
|Organic Synthesis, Nanocatalysis, Nanotechnology in Sensors
Nanocomposites, Surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry Carbon based Nanomaterials
Smart Polymers, Biodegradable Composites, Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Ionic Liquids, Solution Thermodynamics of Amino Acids,
Salts and Drugs Micellization Behaviour of Surfactants Nanochemistry, Catalysis, Green Chemistry
Organic Synthesis, Medical Chemistry, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Synthesis of Nanomaterial and Application in Organic Synthesis
|Application of Thermoelasticity for Structures like Beam Plate
Applied Mathematics ( Solid Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling )
NITJ PhD 2017 Application Form
- The link to fill the online application form can be accessed through institute website www.nitj.ac.in.
- Please submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one program.
- Copy of the application forms duly filled, accompanied by self-attested copies of the relevant certificates / testimonials, along with details of Application Fee of 1000/- ( rupee] 500/- for SC / ST candidates ) paid by bank transfer through NEFT, , in an envelope which must be superscripted as, “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO PhD (FULL TIME) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ________,” should reach the concerned “Head of the Department” on or before 10th November, 2016.
- Candidates can only pay the Application Fee by bank transfer through NEFT to the Institute Bank Account, details of which are provided below.Account Name : Director, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
Account Number : 55088193207
Bank : State Bank of Patiala
Branch : REC, Jalandhar
IFSC Code : STBP0000841
- A scanned copy of the filled Application Form and certificates should be sent by Email to the concerned Head of Department before 10th November, 2016.
- Incomplete applications and applications received after due date ( 5.00 pm of 10th November, 2016 ) will not be considered.
NITJ PhD Selection Procedure 2017
- The admission to Ph.D programme ( Full Time ) in all disciplines mentioned in this advertisement shall be made through the process of presentation by the candidate and his / her interview by the respective Department Admission Committee.
- Shortlisting of candidates for appearing in presentation and interview shall be based upon their performance in the screening test to be conducted by respective departments. Only those candidates who score marks above the cutoff of 40% i.e. 24 marks out of 60 for general category candidates, shall be eligible to be called for presentation and interview. For SC / ST / OBC candidates, the cutoff will be 35% i.e. 21 out of 60.
- The cut off marks in the screening test may be increased by the Department Admission Committee to restrict the number of candidates to be called for presentation and interview depending on the number of seats available.
- The Department Admission Committee for each department shall recommend suitable candidates for admission based on its assessment of presentation and interview.
- The Institute reserves the right not to select or admit any candidate for PhD without assigning any reason.
NITJ PhD Reservation of Seats 2017
- Total Number of seats with scholarship is 24.
- The reservation rules will be followed as per Government of India guidelines prevailing at the timeof admission, at the Institute level.
NITJ PhD Admission Important Dates 2017
|1||Last date for submission of Applications||10th November, 2016|
|2||Display of list of eligible candidates||16th November, 2016|
|3||Written Test ( in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:00 AM )||28th November, 2016|
|4||Display of list of candidates eligible for interview and presentation||28th November, 2016 by 5 : 00 PM in the respective departments|
|5||Interview / presentation by the candidates who have qualified the test||29th & 30th November, 2016|
|6||Display of list of selected candidates||06th December, 2016|
|7||Deposition of fee, Registration and commencement of classes||09th January, 2017|
|8||Last date of deposition of fee and registration||13th January, 2017|
National Institute of Technology Jalandhar,
N.I.T. Post Office,
Jalandhar – 144 011,
Fax : +91-0181-2690320, 2690932,
Website : www.nitj.ac.in.
NITJ MBA Admission 2017
Dr BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Business Administration ( MBA ) Programs for academic sessions 2017 – 2018.
NITJ MBA Admission Course Specializations 2017
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
NITJ MBA Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017
- The admissions are open for Indian nationals only.
- The candidates with Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on 10 – point scale or equivalent are eligible to apply for the MBA program.
- The candidates appearing in the final year / semester of the qualifying Bachelor’s degree may also apply subject to the condition that they would submit document of fulfilment of their eligibility at the time of counselling [if candidate’s result is awaited as on the date of counselling, he / she has to submit affidavit as per the format given in important instructions VII (8)]; failing which their candidature / admission may be cancelled
- The candidate who fails to fulfil eligibility conditions as on the date of counselling will not be considered for admission. Relaxation admissible under policy of Govt. of India in minimum percentage (55%) / grade point average (6.0) for SC/ST/PH candidates is applicable.
NITJ MBA Admission Application Form 2017
- NITJ MBA Admission application form can be downloaded from Dr BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology website : www.nitj.ac.in.
- Application form duly filled accompanied by self-attested copies of relevant certificates / testimonials along with a crossed demand draft for ( 500/- for General and OBC Candidates and 250/- for SC / ST / PH Candidates ) towards application fee drawn in favour of ‘Director, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar’payable at Jalandhar should reach the following address latest by May 31, 2017 (5.00PM).
Department of Humanities and Management,
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology,
GT Road, Amritsar Bye Pass,
Sub Post Office NIT,
Jalandhar-144011 (Punjab) .
- Incomplete applications and applications received after due date will not be considered for admissions.
NITJ MBA Admission Selection Procedure 2017
- NITJ MBA Admissions will be made on the basis of CMAT ( 80% weightage ), Group Discussion ( 10% weightage ), and Interview ( 10% weightage ).
- The candidates will have to submit their best of all scores of CMAT tests admissible for MBA admissions in the academic year 2017 – 2018.
- The list of candidates and schedule for Group Discussion / Interview will be notified on only on Institute’s website : www.nitj.ac.in
NITJ MBA Admission 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last Date for submission of complete Application Form |
|31st May, 2017|
|2||Display of List of Applicants||2nd June, 2017|
|3||Group Discussion and Interview|
All candidates must report at 9 AM on scheduled date
|5th June, 2017 & 6th June, 2017|
|4||Display of Merit List of Candidates||7th June, 2017|
|5||Counselling||9th June, 2017|