Dr. G.R Damodaran College of Science – DRGRDCS AdmissionAdmission Notification »
DRGRDCS Dr. G.R Damodaran College of Science Admission 2019
Dr. G.R Damodaran College of Science invites application for admission to the PG Programmes for the academic year 2019
DRGRDCS Admission Eligibility 2019
MSc ( Information Technology )
- Candidate should have a pass in bachelor’s degree in BSc.
MA ( English Literature )
- Candidate should have a pass in bachelor’s degree in BA ( English Literature ).
- Candidate should have a Pass in any UG Degree from recognized University.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in the concerned or related discipline or any other qualification recognized as equivalent
- Candidates must have scored 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility marks) and above in the Master’s degree
- Candidates with 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility marks) of marks and above in the Master’s degree and working as Full- time Research Fellows/Technical Assistants/Research Assistants in time-bound Research schemes of one year duration or more in University Departments/Research Departments of Affiliated Colleges/Recognized Research Institutions
- Any person employed in any concern/organization/institution/ R & D Centers / Laboratories situated within Tamil Nadu or Research Institutions recognized by Bharathiar University with a minimum of 55% of marks in the Master’s degree. Such candidates shall produce a No objection certificate and Service Certificate from the Employer or Head of the Institution (in case of Educational Institutions)
- All teachers working in colleges affiliated to Bharathiar University are eligible. Candidates working as guest lecturers on consolidated pay are also eligible to pursue M.Phil. (Part-time) program after they produce an NOC and service certificate from their respective colleges
- Medium of Language is Tamil for the candidates doing their research in Yoga for Human Excellence and who have studied UG/PG degree courses in Tamil medium and for the rest of the candidates, the medium is English.
Ph.D. ( Mathematics ) , Ph.D. ( Applied Mathematics ) & Ph.D. ( Statistics )
- A candidate must have completed Post Graduation in a relevant discipline. The candidate must have completed a total duration of 17 years of study in order to be eligible for the program.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination. The University allows a relaxation of 5% marks for candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories in the qualifying examination.
- The part-time candidates belonging to any one of the following categories working as teacher in Department of the University or an affiliated College of this University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Middle School/Polytechnics within Tamilnadu, recognized/approved by the Government can apply for PhD program at BU. Subjects like Engineering, Medicine, Law and Agriculture are not eligible to register under Bharathiar University.
- Scientist / Research fellows / Research assistants / Technical assistants / Project assistants / Project Fellows / Research associates / appointed in the research projects funded by recognized agencies / Government / industries are also eligible to register for Ph.D. at University Departments, Affiliated Colleges, Research Institutions, or R & D Centres / Laboratories.
- Any Chartered Accountant /Cost Accountant/Company Secretary and other professionals with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification are eligible for Part-time Ph.D. registration. The guides may be from the Departments of Commerce, Management Studies, Economics or concerned subjects.
- For candidates other than a teacher, any permanent staff in a Government Office/Private or Public Ltd., Company / a recognized factory / institution/research institution / Educational Institution / business / with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of marks ( staff includes Board of Directors, Proprietor and Partner ) are eligible for part-time Ph.D. registration in the relevant discipline.
DRGRDCS Admission Seats 2019
- OC – 31%
- Backward Caste – 26.5% + 3.5% (Overall)
- Backward Caste Muslim – 3.5%
- Most Backward Caste – 20%
- SC/ST – 15% +3% + 1%
- Arunthathiyar – 3%
DRGRDCS Admission Exam Pattern 2019
Entrance Exam Pattern
- Total Number of Questions: 60 ( MCQ Type, 1 Mark each )
- Duration of the test: 90 Minutes
The weightage will be as follows
- Entrance Test – 60 Marks
- UG Course of study ( up to V Sem. / 2nd year ) – 40 Marks
- Total – 100 marks
MPhil / PhD
- The qualifying examinations marks converted to: 50 Marks
- Common Entrance Test: 35 Marks
- Interview: 15 Marks
- Total: 100 marks
Entrance Exam Pattern
- The entrance test will be based around subjects studied in the course study at the PG level by the candidate. Here are details of the entrance test:
- There will be 50 Questions in total ,all the question will be of objective type ( MCQ )
- Maximum Marks: 35 ( 50×0.7=35 )
- Time Duration: 1.30 hours
DRGRDCS Admission Application Form 2019
- DRGRDCS application form is available in the official website www.grd.org.
- Before registering their applications on the website, candidates should possess the following:
- Valid E-mail ID.
- Cost of Application for M.Phil. – ₹ 500/-
- Cost of Application for Ph.D. – ₹ 600/-
- Demand Draft of ₹ 300/- as application fee for OC / BC / MBC / DNT candidates.
- Demand Draft of ₹ 150/- as application fee in case SC / ST candidates, on production of attested photocopy of community certificate.
- Soft Copy Passport size Photograph
DRGRDCS Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- DRGRDCS Admission Selection process is based on Direct Admission and Entrance test.
M.Phil/P.hD in Science , M.Phil/P.hD in Commerce & M.Phil/P.hD in Engineering
- Admission will be made on the basis of the PG marks, marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test and interview.
DRGRDCS Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration ( PG )||27th Apr - 20th May , 2019|
|2||Last date for submitting M.Phil. application forms (Tentative)||09th September, 2019|
|3||Last date for Submitting PhD Application Form (Tentative)||09th September, 2019|
Dr. G.R Damodaran College of Science,
Civil Aerodrome Post,
Coimbatore – 641 014,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone No. : + 91 – 422 – 2572719, 2576557, 2591863, 2591864,
Fax : + 91 – 422 – 2210187, 2591865,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.grd.org.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.