Durgabai Deshmukh College of Special Education AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Durgabai Deshmukh College of Special Education Admission 2018
Durgabai Deshmukh College of Special Education invites admission application for 2 year Bachelor of Education ( Special Education – Visually Impaired ) program 2018.
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Eligibility 2018
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other Qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program RCI letter no. 7-128 / RCI / 2015 ).
- Eligibility for choosing the Pedagogy Course: – The candidate will have to choose only one pedagogy course. She / he must have studied one subject from the Pedagogy courses offered by the college in the qualifying degree, i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% in this subject. Candidates are advised to carefully study the following table showing the Subjects that are considered for Selecting a pedagogy course.
- Only those candidates will be considered eligible who fulfill both the above mentioned criteria.
- Candidates who have done B. Com can opt for Social Science provided that she / he has studied one of the subjects offered in the following table, for at least 200 marks and obtained minimum 50% marks in this subject.
|Pedagogy Courses||Subjects Studied|
|Social Science||History, Geography, Political Science, Economics|
|Science||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany.|
Relaxations / Concessions
- The minimum eligibility requirement for the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribecandidates will be that they must have passed the qualifying school / degree Provided that the minimum eligibility for admission to post-graduateCourses be the minimum pass marks of the qualifying examination concerned of the University of Delhi. In the case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates whohad passed the last qualifying examination as prescribed for the equivalentexamination of Delhi University for purposes of admission to the Postgraduate courseof this University.
- That where the admission is based on screening / written test, the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates would also be required to take the test but their merit list will be drawn separately.
- The OBC candidates shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the Qualifying examination and in the minimum eligibility ( if any ) in the admission entrance test to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for the General Category candidates. For example, if the minimum eligibility for admission to a course is 50% for the General Category candidates, the minimum eligibility for the OBCs would be 45%, e. ( 50% minus 10% of 50% ).
- All those OBC candidates who meet the minimum eligibility marks in the qualifying examination and the minimum eligibility marks (if any) in the entrance test shall be eligible for admission in the order of their merit, keeping in view the availability of seats reserved for them.
The OBC candidates who belong to the ‘Non-creamy Layers’ and whose castes appear in the Central List of the OBCs only shall be eligible to be considered for admission under the OBC Category. ( As per the notification of University of Delhi, dated 11th April, 2012 ).
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Seats 2018
Total Seats – 26 ( Reservation of Seats ( In accordance with Delhi University Guidelines ) )
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Castes
15% of total number of seats for Scheduled Castes and 7.5 % for Scheduled Tribes, ii. Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) 27% of total number of seats.
- Supernumerary Seats:
- Physically Disabled – 5% of total intake
- Children / Widows of the eligible Armed Forces Personnel including Para Military Forces – 5% of total intake,
- Foreign Nationals- 5% of total intake.
Distribution of Seats
|Total Number of Seats||Unreserved||OBC||SC||ST||PWD||C/W of Armed Forces||Foreign Nationals
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Exam Pattern 2018
- It will contain100 questions in MCQ format of 4 marks each.
- There is NEGATIVE MARKING.
- For each wronganswer ONE mark would be deducted.
Structure of the Entrance Test
|Reasoning & General Awareness||Multiple Choice||120|
|Teaching Aptitude & Sensitivity Towards Disability||Multiple Choice||40|
|Language Comprehension||Multiple Choice||80|
|Subject Knowledge up to class 10th level in Hindi, English, Social Science, Mathematics & Science.||Multiple Choice||160|
- The total duration of the test is 120 minutes.
- 40 minutes extra time for candidates who are visually impaired.
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Application Form 2018
How to apply
- Visit the Delhi University PG Admission Portal http://admission.du.ac.in.
- Go through the B.Ed. Special Education ( VI ) Prospectus available at http//cie.du.ac.in.
- Check Eligibility according to the Eligibility criteria given in the prospectus.
- For online application, fill the B.Ed. Special Education ( VI ) Admission Form available on DU PG Admissions Portal link http://admission.du.ac.in.
- Follow the step by step instructions given on the PG Admission portal carefully while filling the online form.
- Select the place of examination carefully.
- No changes in the form are allowed once payment has been made.
- After the payment is made, take a print of the form and bring it at the time of admission.
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Selection Process 2018
The selection of candidates for admission to B.Ed ( Special Education -Visually Impaired ) will be made on the basis of merit in the entrance examination to be conducted in consultation with the Dean, Faculty of Education, University of Delhi.
Durgabai Deshmukh College Admission Test Syllabus 2018
Reasoning and General Awareness
- This would include areas to assess abilities such as reasoning ( mathematical, inductive and deductive ), identifying and understanding the relationship among various elements, decision making, data analysis, interpretation, etc.
- This will also assess the awareness and knowledge of the candidate in the fields of the education, national and international affairs, etc.
Teaching Aptitude and Sensitivity towards Disability
- This test focuses on assessing sensitivity to issues related to the growing child, School, family and society and probes the candidate’s general disposition and attitude towards teaching and issues related to Disability.
- The Comprehension Test aims at assessing the candidate’s language comprehension Skills both in English & in Hindi.
Subject knowledge up to 10th class
- This part will assess the content knowledge and analytical abilities of the candidates in the core subjects ( Hindi, English, Social Science, Mathematics and Science ) studied in 10th class.
C/o The Blind Relief Association,
Lai Bahadur Shastri Marg,
Near The Oberoi Hotel, New Delhi – 110 003,
Phone No. : 65650969 / 70,
Website : www.durgabaideshmukhcollege.org.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.