Forest Research Institute University – FRI University AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Forest Research Institute University Admission 2019
Forest Research Institute invites application for admission to 2 year Master of Science Programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
FRI Dehradun Admission Course Specializations 2019
- MSc – Forestry
- MSc – Wood Science & Technology
- MSc – Environment Management
- MSc – Cellulose & Paper Technology
FRI Dehradun Admission Eligibility 2019
|SI. No.||Course Code No.||Courses||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||01 ( A )||MSc Forestry||Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.|
|2.||01 ( B )||MSc Wood Science & Technology||Three years bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.|
|3.||01 ( C )||MSc Environment Management||Three years bachelor’s degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE in Environment Science.|
|4.||01 ( D )||MSc Cellulose & Paper Technology||Graduate degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE / B.Tech. ( Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate ).|
Age Limit for In – service Candidate
- The maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidate to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on 31st July of the year of admission and no further relaxation will be given in any case.
- The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. courses shall be 19 and 21 years respectively. The age shall be reckoned as on 31st July, 2019 and no further relaxation will be given to the candidate.
FRI Dehradun Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- There will be an objective type written test of three hours with questions grouped under the following four sections:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science ( 100 questions )
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc. ( 40 questions )
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs ( 30 questions )
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc. ( 30 questions )
- The candidate will check within 5 minutes of issue of the test booklet, and ensure that it contains all the pages and no question is missing. If any discrepancy is noticed the candidate must bring it to the notice of the Superintendent / Invigilator and obtain a fresh booklet.
- The entries in answer sheet must be made with Black / Blue ball point pen only. The options in the answers are also to be rounded with ball point pen only.
- The candidate will fill in all the details in the space provided for it on the front page and affix his signature before starting to answer the questions.
- Each question will be followed by four alternative answers. The candidate is required to select the one which he/she feels is correct answer. The detail instructions will be printed on the answer sheet. The candidate is advised to go through the instructions.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth ( ¼ ) of the marks allotted to the questions.
- No page from the test booklet is to be torn or removed. If candidate is found tearing any paper from the test booklet, he / she is liable to be punished for use of unfair means.
- Inner cover page of the Test Booklet or the blank space / pages at the end of the Test Booklet may be used for rough work.
- In case of any dispute it will be subject to jurisdiction of Dehra Dun court only.
FRI Dehradun Admission Application Form 2019
- Forest Research Institute University admission application form will be available at website www.fridu.edu.in
- Applications for admission shall be made in the prescribed form available from the Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University, Dehra Dun. The application form and the ‘Information Bulletin’ can be obtained in person or by post on payment of [rupee] 1200/-wherever applicable through bank draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University payable at Dehra Dun.
- Application forms will be available from the counter of the office of the FRI Deemed to be University / Union Bank of India, FRI Branch, Dehra Dun. The last date for issue of forms from the office of the FRI Deemed to be University by post. Thereafter any request for sending the forms by post will not be entertained.
- Application duly filled in legibly in applicant’s own handwriting with blue / black pen should be sent so as to reach the following address before the last date
Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University,
P.O. I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road,
Dehradun – 248 195.
FRI Dehradun Admission Admit Card 2019
- Admit card containing centre code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by the forth week of April, 2019. If the admit card is not received by 30th April, 2019, the Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University may be contacted on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- In case a candidate has either not received the admit card or has lost it, duplicate card can be obtained from the centre superintendent of his / her examination centre. Alternatively, the candidate may reach office of the Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University, Dehra Dun on working day during working hours. Where duplicate admit card will be issued after submission of a bank draft of [rupee] 50/- and a photograph identical to that pasted on the admission test form.
FRI Dehradun Admission Selection Process 2019
- Candidate shall be selected in order of merit on the basis of total marks secured at the written test provided they have secured the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 15% in case of general candidate whereas in the case of SC / ST admission shall be made as per Govt. of India Rules.
- The final list of candidates to be admitted to different courses on the basis of the seats allotted to each course shall be approved by the Admission Committee constituted by the Director for each course and the results will be notified thereafter. The notification shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the FRI ( Deemed ) University and the individual candidates would be informed of their results by post.
FRI Dehradun Admission Exam Centres 2019
List of test centres and their codes are as follows
|Test Centre||Code No||Test Centre||Code No|
FRI Dehradun Admission Counselling 2019
- A merit list of candidates including a waiting list will be formed for each course on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories. The result of the exam will be declared on the website.
- The selected candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees and join the course by the due date notified. The fee has to be paid at the time of counselling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
- If a selected candidate does not join by the prescribed date or if no extension has been asked for and granted by the University the admission shall stand cancelled automatically and the seat shall be offered to the candidate in the merit / waiting list.
Documents in original to be produced by the candidate at the time of counselling
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate, if passed from University ( to be submitted not later than 90 days of admission )
- High School Certificate / equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate / equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree and Mark sheet of all the three years.
- M.Sc. degree and Mark sheet.
- Admission Test admit card issued from this office.
- OBC certificate from District Magistrate or authorities empowered to issue certificate or verification issued not earlier than six months. Please ensure that you are eligible to get reservation under OBC category only as per the Central Educational Institutions ( Reservation in Admissions ) Act, 2008 and other relevant guidelines issued by Govt. of India.
- SC / ST certificate on the basis of which reservation is claimed.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon / C.M.O.
- Aadhar Card
Important Dates for FRI Admission 2019
|1.||Last Date for issue of application form by post||26th March, 2019|
|2.||Last Date for issue of application form at Institute / bank counter||30th March, 2019|
|3.||Last Date for receiving completed application forms||6th April, 2019|
|4.||Availability of Admit Card||30th April, 2019|
|5.||Forest Research Institute entrance exam||20th May, 2019|
Forest Research Institute University,
P.O. New Forest – Dehradun,
Telephone No. : 0135 – 2751826,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.fridu.edu.in.