Gauhati University MPhil & PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Gauhati University MPhil & PhD Admission 2019
Gauhati University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Philosophy ( MPhil ) & Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Gauhati University Admission Eligibility 2019
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 ( fifty five ) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the MPhil or PhD programmes in the subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks for SC / ST / OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) candidates or a differently – able candidate ( with equal to or more than 40% disability ) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the rules of Medical Council of India / Indian Nursing Council / Rehabilitation Council of India / recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed ( where necessary ).
- An applicant who has an M.Ed. degree can apply for PhD programme in the Education Department for research on a topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, Educational Technology of the concerned subject, provided the applicant has a Masters Degree in the concerned subject. In such cases, the applicant will have to appear in the admission test ( GU – RET ), unless exempted, in the subject of the parent department and if admitted, the candidate will have to take a Co-Guide from the Education Department of GU.
- Students who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final examinations may also apply for admission into the MPhil or PhD Programmes. However, such candidates will be required to furnish their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the concerned department.
- An applicant who is in a service ( either permanent or temporary or part – time ) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Gauhati University Admission Exam Pattern 2019
The GU-RET is an examination comprising of two parts
- A common paper to test the applicant’s knowledge about reasoning & aptitude, mental ability, basic computer Awareness and Research Methodology
- A subject paper, which specifically tests the applicant’s depth of knowledge in the subject concerned.
The GU-RET structure for the year 2019 is given below:
|Section||Total Marks||Break-up of Marks||Sectional Cutoff|
|A||20||Reasoning & Aptitude, Mental Ability, Computer Awareness & Research Methodology||30% ( 6 marks )|
|B||30 or 50||Subject Specific ( MCQ )||30% ( 9 or 15
|C||50 or 30||Subject Specific ( Descriptive )||30% ( 15 or 9
|Total||100||50% ( 50 marks )|
Gauhati University Admission Application Form 2019
How to Apply
- Gauhati University Admission application form is available in the official website www.gauhati.ac.in.
- Prospective applicant can apply for PhD or MPhil or both in the available disciplines. ONLY one application is needed for both MPhil or PhD or both. Majority of the subjects in which a student can do a PhD or MPhil at GU are closely linked to one or more departments. An applicant can select a maximum of two options to appear in the GU – RET in two disciplines.
- Application fee is ₹ 850/- per subject+ bank transaction fee.
- All applicants should pay the CAP fee after successful completion of the CAP. Without the remittance of this fee, Admit Card for GU – RET 2019 will not be issued. The fee should be paid through payment gateway only.
Gauhati University Selection Procedure 2019
- GU – RET ( GU Research Eligibility Test ) is the first screening test after the Central Application Process ( CAP ) for admission into the MPhil and PhD Programmes of GU, unless an applicant qualifies for an exemption
Gauhati University Important Dates 2019
|1||Opening of online application||January, 2019|
|2||Last date for submission of application form||January, 2019|
|3||Date of entrance exam||March, 2019|
|4||Date of declaration of result||Will be announced|
Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar,
Guwahati – 781 014, Assam, India,
Telephone No. : 0361 – 2570415,
Mobile No. : + 91 – 98642 – 64106,
Fax No. : + 91 – 361 – 2700311,
Website : www.gauhati.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.