Goa College of Home Science – GCHS Admission 2018
GCHS Admission 2018
Goa College of Home Science invites admission application for BSc in Home Science program 2018.
GCHS Admission Eligibility 2018
- A Candidate for being eligible for admission to the First Year B. Sc Examination in Home Science must have passed the higher Secondary School Certificate Exam of the Goa Board or an equivalent exam in the Science, Arts, Commerce or Vocational Streams.
- Students coming from Universities other than Goa University or Examination Board other than H.S.S.C. Examination Board, Goa, must get an “Eligibility Certificate” from the Registrar, Goa University, before their cases for admission to this College can be considered. A student producing a provisional Certificate of eligibility, will be admitted at her / his own risk and on condition that she / he obtains the final Certificate of eligibility, before the close of the academic term in which she / he is provisionally admitted to the College.
- Students passing the H.S.S.C. Exams of the H.S.S.C, Board, Goa and intending to join F.Y. classes will be required to submit an application for the Enrollment Certificate. The details of the same will be put on the College Notice Board.
- Every student shall keep two terms of not less than three fourth of the total number of days on which lectures/practicals are delivered in each term. The terms will be specified by Goa University.
- Students must complete, to the satisfaction of the Principal, the course of study, including lectures, practicals, seminars, etc. at the College, as prescribed in the terms for the class to which the students belongs. irregular attendance or absence without permission may lead to disciplinary action and / or loss of terms, In case of illness, a medical Certificate must be submitted within 8 days after assuming fitness.
- Repeaters, if admitted, will be regarded as regular students and shall, therefore, be required to complete, to the satisfaction of the Principal, the course of the study as prescribed in the terms of the class to which the student belongs.
- Results of all tests, exams, practicals as well as the general conduct and progress throughout the year, will be taken into consideration in addition to attendance, at the time of grading of terms and at the time of sending the examination forms of students for Goa University Examinations.
- Whenever absence from the Test / Examination is inevitable due to unavoidable circumstances the student is advised to write to the Principal explaining the absence and requesting permission for the same. In case of illness, a medical certificate is to be produced within 8 days after assuring fitness.
- Students who have already been in the college should apply for admission to the higher class within one week after the declaration of the results of the University examination. The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission to a student whose past academic record and / or conduct was considered unsatisfactory.
S.Y.B.Sc. ( Home Science )
- Must have passed the First Year Examination in Home Science
- Shall have two terms at a college or an Institution recognized by University in Home Science.
T.Y.B.Sc. ( Home Science )
- Must have passed the FIrst Year and Second Year Examination in Home Science.
- Shall have kept two terms at a College or an Institution recognized by the University in Home Science.
GCHS Admission Application Form 2018
How to apply
- GCHS admission application form can be downloaded from Goa College of Home Science website www.goahomescience.gov.in.
- The application form duly filled by the candidates along with certified copies of original certificates should be submitted personally or by registered post to the Principal, Goa College of Home Science so as to reach within the last date prescribed and notified through the newspaper.
- The Institute shall not be responsible for Application Form duly filled in shall accompanied with the following documents
- School leaving certificate
- HSSC Mark sheet
- Eligibility Certificate
- For students coming from Universities other than Goa University or Examination Board other than the H.S.S.C. Examination Board Goa
- Migration certificate
- Passing certificate
Dayanand Bandodkar Road,
Opposite Parade Ground,
Campal, Panaji – Goa – 403 001,
Telephone No. : ( 0832 ) – 2227603,
Fax : ( 0832 ) – 2425254,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.goahomescience.gov.in.