HPU Shimla BAMS / BHMS Admission 2017
Himachal Pradesh University invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the following programs for academic sessions 2017 – 2018.
- Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery( BAMS )
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery ( BHMS )
HPU BAMS / BHMS Eligibility 2017 :
HPU BAMS Eligibility :
Candidates should have passed / appeared in any one of the qualifying examination at the time of applying for the entrance test :
- 10+2 new Course Examination of a University / Board established by law in India, or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects which shall include a practical test in Science subjects with 50% marks in aggregate ( 40% marks for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes) and has also qualified the subject of English. OR
- The B.Sc. Degree with 50% marks ( 40% marks for Scheduled Castes / Tribes / Other Backward Classes ) of a University established by law in India with any three subjects out of Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physiology, Physics, Human Anatomy and Bio-Chemistry; provided that such a candidate must have passed the Pre-Medical or an equivalent examination with English as compulsory subject of Board/University established by law in India. OR
- Any examination of a University/Board/College or School in a foreign country, recognized as equivalent for the purpose by the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- The candidates who have appeared/appearing in Plus two examination or its equivalent examination and the result of the same has not yet been declared can also apply for the Combined BAMS/BHMS Entrance Test, but the admission will be subject to the production of passing the plus two examination or its equivalent examination with required percentage of marks as per eligibility clause in the Prospectus at the time of first round of counselling.
- The above qualifications will only determine the eligibility of a candidate for admission but the admission shall be based on the performance in the Entrance Test in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates will be admitted to the BAMS/BHMS Courses strictly on the basis of merit provided he/she has secured at least 40% marks in the Entrance Test in the case of SC/ST/OBC and at least 50% marks in the case of other categories.
- The Candidate should have already completed or should complete the age of 17 years and must not have completed 25 years of age on 31st December of the year of the concerned competitive examination. Date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Certificate/Indian School Certificate will only be valid.
HPU BHMS Eligibility :
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 from H.P. Board of School Education or from a recognized Board or equivalent degree/examination passed with Science [ Medical group with Physics, Chemistry & Biology] of the University/H. P. Board of School Education in Science subjects.
- Should have attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first Prof. of the course.
- Blind [including colour blind], deaf and/or dumb candidates shall not be allowed for admission to the course.
HPU BAMS Exam Pattern
The HPU Entrance examination shall consist of one combined paper only, in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry ( Including Organic Chemistry ) and Biology in accordance with the syllabi of studies based on NCERT books of the Academic Session according to which 10+2 ( includes 11th and 12th class ) examination was conducted by the H.P. Board of School Education in the year of the competitive examination concerned which is attached in the Prospectus.
The medium of examination shall be English. The question paper will be of objective (MCQ) type. There will be 150 questions of one mark each in all. 50 questions each of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The Entrance Test will be of 2½ hours duration.
HPU BAMS Admit Card 2017
The University will provide the facility of downloading the admit Cards for appearing to BAMS / BHMS Entrance Test 2017 on the University Website www.hpuniv.in. The candidate may please note that HPU BAMS Admit Cards will not be sent by post. The HPU BAMS Admit Card will bear the Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Category, Photograph, Date, Time, Venue of Entrance Test.
HPU BAMS Application Form 2017 :
- The HPU BAMS / BHMS application form can be downloaded from the University website www.hpuniv.in.
- HPU BAMS / BHMS Entrance Test ONLINE Application Fee :
- For General & Other Categories 1600/-.
- For SC/ST Categories 800/-.
Important Dates for HPU Shimla BAMS / BHMS Admission 2017 :
|1.||Schedule for filling up online Application Form with transaction of fee :||24th June, 2017 to 22nd July, 2017|
|2.||Time for correction of error, if any, in the online application form after final submission of online application form on the website.||24th July, 2017 & 26th July, 2017|
|3.||Tentative date of uploading Admit Cards on University Website www.hpuniv.nic.in & www.admissions.hpushimla.in ( Note: No separate Admit Cards shall be sent by post by the University)||10th August, 2017|
|4.||Date of Entrance Test||20th August, 2017 ( Sunday )|
|5.||Dates for displaying the Key Answers on the University Website www.hpuniv.nic.in & www.admissions.hpushimla.in||24th August, 2017 to 28th August, 2017|
|6.||Tentative Date of Declaration of Result||5th September, 2017|
|7.||Tentative Date of issuance of Merit list||12th September, 2017|
|8.||Dates for Ist round of counselling at H.P. University Auditorium, Summer Hill, Shimla-5 as per schedule given in the Prospectus under Heading-8 Counselling ( No separate call letters will be sent to thecandidates for counselling )||22nd September, 2017 to 24th September, 2017|
|9.||i) The candidates recommended by the Counselling committee shall have to appear for Medical examination before the Medical Board in the concerned colleges.|
ii) The candidates found medical fit, have to deposit the fee & dues in the said college latest by: ( Note The above dates are tentative subject to permission for admission from CCIM / AYUSH, Govt. of India for the academic session 2017-18. In case any change shall be intimated to the candidates concerned through University website www.hpuniv.nic.in & www.admissions.hpushimla.in. The candidates are advised to remain touch with the University website or through telephone number till the completion of admission process in the college.
|28th September, 2017 at 10.am
29th September, 2017
|10||Date of 2nd Round of Counseling for filling up vacant seats in Govt./ Pvt. Ayurvedic Colleges from the waiting list at the H.P University Auditorium Summer Hill/Shimla-5 :||12th October, 2017|
|11.||Date for joining the allotted college & course in 2nd round :||17th October, 2017|
|12.||Commencement of Academic Session: ( If any change the Principal of Rajiv Gandhi Post-graduate Govt. Ayurvedic College, Paprola, Distt. Kangra ( HP )||1st October, 2017|
|Last date upto which the candidate can be admit against vacancies arising due to any reason||31st October, 2017|
|13||Time schedule for Entrance Examination|
a) Centre of Examination
b) Entry in the Examination Hall
c) Distribution of question-Booklet & Answer Sheet
d) Test Commencement
e) Latest Entry in the Examination Hall
f) Test conclusion
|(20th August, 20017 ) ( Sunday ) As indicated on the Admit Card
HPU Shimla Contact Address
Himachal Pradesh University,
Gyan Path,Summer Hill,
Shimla – 171005,
Phone No. : + 91-177-2830912,
Fax : +91-177-2830911,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.hpuniv.in.
|HPU BAMS Application Form : https://admissions.hpushimla.in/|