IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2019
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission 2019
Indira Gandhi National Open University invites application for admission to 3 year Post Basic BSc Nursing course session 2019. Admission will be done through an Entrance Examination ( OPENNET-VI ).
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Eligibility 2019
- In-service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives ( RNRM ) having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery ( GNM ) with a minimum of two years experience ( after registration as RNRM ) in the profession. ( For male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery ). OR
- In-service Nurses ( RNRM ) having 10th class ( Matriculation ) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of five years experience (after registration as RNRM) in the profession. ( For males nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery ).
- Candidates with less than two years of experience after RNRM should not apply
- Age Limit : There is no age bar.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the website www.ignou.ac.in.
- Students hand book & prospectus for Post Basic BSc Nursing program can be obtained from the following address or from any Regional Centre of IGNOU by sending a sum if [rupee]1050/- through Demand Draft / IPO in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi / city of Regional Centre concerned or by paying [rupee]1000/- in cash at the respective sales counters.
New Delhi – 110068.
- Write candidate’s name and address on the back of the DD/ IPO.
- IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Application form and prospectus can also be downloaded from the website and send along with a DD / IPO for [rupee]1050/- in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi / city of Regional Center concerned by Registered / Speed Post to Regional Centre Concerned.
- Prospectus will be sent to such applicants after receipt of [rupee]1050/- as written above.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Selection Process 2019
- Admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme for 2019 session will be done region wise on the basis of merit in common entrance test.
- Regional Centres where Post Basic B. Sc ( N ) Programme Study Centres are established will do the counseling and admissions. Candidates from any Region / State can apply as per their choice through any Regional Centre / s where PSCs for Post Basic BSc. Nursing Programme are established.
- Application forms will be processed at Regional Centres concerned and complete data including all details will be transfered to Student Evaluation Division, Block 12, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
- Entrance Test will be conducted by SED.
- Result will be processed by SED. Region based merit list will be prepared after tie-break by SED.
- Counseling will be conducted by the Regional Centres.
- Counseling Committee will be constituted at all the concerned RCs with at least two external nursing experts, from the same state / region.
Candidates will be required to apply / submit their entrance test form to the Regional Centre from where the candidates wish to pursue the Programme. It may be noted that the Programme Study Centres for Post Basic BSc Nursing are located only in Regional Centres. So candidates are requested to ensure that they fill the RC code / PSC code in their entrance test forms of only those regional centres where PSCs for Post Basic BSc Nursing are activated.
- Application should be submitted at concerned Regional Centre only ( Where the candidate wishes to take admission ) and where PSC of Post Basic BSc Nursing is located.
- Entrance test will be conducted on a scheduled date as decided by the university, in the centres identified from all over the country.
- Entrance test will comprise 120 multiple choice questions ( bearing one mark each ) drawn from various subjects taught in GNM. A model Question paper for the entrance examination.
- The candidates will be provided OMR Sheet for marking the responses. A sample of OMR sheet.
- Duration of the test will be two and a half hours,
Region wise merit list for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2019 session will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the OPENNET – VII ( Entrance Test ) and will be displayed in the IGNOU website after the declaration of results
In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the OPENNET – VII ( Entrance Test ), the inter-se ranking of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of the following criteria for tie break
- Length of relevant experience : Experience will be counted from the date of registration as RNRM upto the last date of receipt of application form as mentioned in the advertisement. In case of Female candidates who have registered as RN & RM separately, the experience will be counted from the date of RM registration. However, in male candidates, it will be calculated from the date of RN registration upto the last date of receipt of the application form subject to the completion of the INC recognized course in lieu of midwifery before applying for the entrance test.
- Over all percentage of marks secured in GNM examination : If the tie does not get resolved, aggregate marks of GNM in all the three years will be considered for calculating the percentage / merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie between the candidates still does not get resolved, date of birth will be considered. Candidates born earlier will have higher rank than those born later.
- Draw of Lot: If there is a tie even after applying all the above criteria, then the rank will be decided through a draw of lot.
NOTE : The OBC certificate of non creamy layer should not be more than three years old from the date of issuance till the last date of submission of application form. Income certificate also needs to be produced along with OBC(NC) certificate whenever required. The duration of experience, percentage of marks and the date of birth are being used for tie break. Information about all these three parameters mentioned in application form should match with the information available in the documents provided by you. In case, it does not match, the application form will be rejected.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Result 2019
- Result of entrance test will be declared tentatively in mid of October / November, which will be uploaded in the IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in.
- Information about next step of admission process will be communicated by concerned regional centre.
- So, contact the regional centre for further information.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing 2019 Counselling
Candidates will be required to submit self attested copy of the following certificates at the time of Counselling / Admission along with original copies of all the documents for verification during counseling which will be conducted at concerned regional centre
- Original admit card for entrance test.
- Certificate of date of birth ( 10th class certificate ).
- 10+2 pass certificate.
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate ( In case of registration from more than one council, produce all the certificates at the time of admission counseling ).
- Experience Certificate/s ( On Letter Head of the competent authority with full name, date and signature with stamp ). Experience will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of application form by University.
- GNM Mark sheet ( Including marksheet of all years ).
- NOC from the organization, where you are working, clearly indicating that you are presently working.
- Category Certificate indicating reservation status for SC / ST / Non Creamy layer of OBC / PH / Kashmiri Migrant / War Widow etc.
- Income certificate incase of Non creamy layer of OBC.
- Two ( 2 ) passport size photographs.
- Demand draft of [rupee]15000/- towards 1st year admission fees in favour of IGNOU, payable at concerned regional centre.However, Programme Fee is under revision and may be effective from 2019 itself.
The admission will be made Region wise, strictly on the basis of merit from the list of eligible candidates in each category after verification of the documents. The reservation policy will be followed as per Government of India rules.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Admission Dates 2019
|1||Last date of submission of filled in Application||Third week of July, 2019|
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
New Delhi – 110 068,
Website : www.ignou.ac.in.