3. Candidate should have achieved the following in any of the above sports discipline
(i) Represented the country in Junior International meet (s) in any of the above sports discipline.
(ii) Attained up to fifth place in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in Individual sports events.
(iii) in team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship or National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federation of India (SGFI).
(iv) Preference will be given to medal winners in all the above three categories.
4. Age: Born between on Jul 1987 and 28 Feb 1991 (Both days inclusive)
5. Medical Standards:
Height: Minimum acceptable height: 152.5 cm
Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm
Weight: Proportionate to height and age
Vision: Minimum visual standard: Unaided 6/36, corrected with glasses to at least 6/9 in each eye, diptectric power not exceeding ? 3.5 Dioptres in any meridian. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour perception CP-II/III. (Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used).
Corneal Surgery (PRK / LASIK) is not acceptable
Hearing: Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 metres with each ear separately. (Ears to be free of wax)
Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points
Health: Candidates should be free from any Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain
Terms and Conditions for Indian Air Force
6. Tenure: Enrollment is for initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
7. Training: Training schedule is of 24 weeks for non-tech trades. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academic, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
8. Pay & Allowances: During training, a stipend of Rs.2850/- pm will be paid. On successful completion of training, starting basic pay will be Rs.3250/- pm which, in subsequent years, may raise upto Rs.9550/- pm depending upon the rank attained. Allowances’ as admissible are additional. In addition to this, perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical Facilities, Accommodation and Leave Travel Concession (LTC), etc, are also provided as per the existing rules. Medical and LTC facilities are available for dependent family members also.
9. Selection Trials Eligible candidates will be sent cell letters for selection thesis scheduled to be held from 12 Mar 2007 to 13 Mar 2007 at New Delhi.
10. Physical Fitness Test: (PTF) In Physical Fitness Test. 1.6 km run s to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks. Candidates are advised to bring their sports kit / playing kit.
11. Interview and Medical Examination Candidates who qualify in PFT and selection trials for the game applied for will be interview. Those who are recommended in interview will be subjected to Medical Examination by Air Force tartar and strains removed from their teeth before appearing for the selection trails.
Air Force Sports Control Board reserves the right to short-list the applications.
Candidates must appear in the selection will trials at New Delhi.
Requests For Change Of Venue For Selection Trial Or Date of Selection Trial will not be Entertained.
Candidates not responding for the trial due date and time will not be accommodated on other dates / Shifts.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Candidates should be prepared to stay for three to four days for which they have to make their own arrangement. No TA / DA is admissible.
Upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 20 years.
Candidates who are less than 18 years of age on the date of trial should get the consent form, duly signed by their parent / guardian while coming for the selection (The format of the consent form is given in the advertisement. (i) Para 5 of the application format, if applicable, is to be filled with Red link.
13. How to Apply
Application Form: Application should be in A4 size paper only. Non-standard application formats will be rejected. Attested photocopies matriculation certificate and certificate of sports achievements must be sent with the application form. The following are to be sent along with application.
(a) Three copies of unattested recent (not order than three months) passport size Colour Photograph (front portrait without cap), One of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other tow are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form.
(b) One unstamped self addressed 24 cm × 10 cm White Envelope of good quality, stapled with the application form.
14. Candidates are to bring with them the following at the time of selection trial:
a) Four copies of photographs (same as submitted with the application).
b) Original Metric certificate and marks sheet for verification of date of birth
c) Original certificates regarding sports achievements.
d) Sports Kit.
15. (a) Columns: All the columns in the application should be filled in capital letters do not split words.
(b) Envelope: The envelope containing the application form should be marked on top as
Outstanding Sportsmen for Group ‘Y’ Trades Game Applied For ………..
It should be addressed to:
Air Force Sports Control Board
C/O 412 Air Force Station,
New Delhi – 110003.
16. Air Force Sports Control Board will Not Entertain Any Query on Applications.
17. Last date for receipt of applications at the Air Force Sports Control Board is 24 Feb 2007.
18. Warning: Applications Sent By Registered / Speed Post / Courier Will Not Be Accepted. Candidate should submit only one application in response to this advertisement. Candidature of those submitting More Than One Application will be cancelled.
19. Caution: Selection in IAF is “Free & Fair” and on Merit Only. At No Stage Any Money is required to Be Paid TO Anyone for Selection or Recruitment in IAF. Candidates Should Not Fall Prey To Unscrupulous Persons Posing As Recruitment Agents.
Indian Air Force Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen Admission