Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media – IIJNM Bangalore AdmissionAdmission Notification »
IIJNM Bangalore Admission 2019
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media invites application for admission to Postgraduate Diploma ( PGD ) in Print, Broadcast or Multimedia Programs for the academic year 2019.
- Print Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism and
- Multimedia Journalism
IIJNM Bangalore Admission 2019 Eligibility
- IIJNM offers Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism ( PGDJ ) program for those with ( or expecting ) a bachelor’s degree, and Graduate Diploma in Journalism ( GDJ ) program for those with PUC / 12th standard.
- We seek motivated students with a passion for uncovering the truth and a keen interest in what is happening around them. This may be reflected by describing clearly what motivates him / her to a career in journalism.
- The key requirements are following
- Writing Skills : We expect journalists to be sensitive to language and to organize their thoughts clearly and coherently. While we provide remedial help in improving writing skills, fair command of the English language is a requirement.
- Education :
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism ( PGDJ ) : A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required. Applicants awaiting final year examination results or who will be graduating this year may also apply.
- Diploma in Journalism : Students who have completed or awaiting results for 10+2 / pre – university are eligible to apply. Prior knowledge of computer applications is not a requirement.
IIJNM Bangalore Admission 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- IIJNM Bangalore admission application form is available in the official website www.iijnm.org.
- All applicants must submit online or mail the following to the Admissions Committee :
- Completed application form.
- Photocopy of official transcripts of academic records from undergraduate, graduate and / or professional institutions attended ( when available ). Those awaiting final examination results may submit copy of the transcripts of previous examination results ( for eg. the fifth semester marks sheet ). Final examination results may be submitted when they become available.
- Application essay : Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, and how it affected you ( between 600 and 750 words ).
- The ₹ 1000/- application – processing fee by credit card or bank draft or pay order ( payable at Bangalore ) and drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore.”
- Supporting material ( if any ) such as writing samples ( published ), record of achievements, etc.
- The applicants must submit to the Admissions Committee at the address given below :
Admissions Processing Office,
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media,
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross,
2nd Block, HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar,
Bangalore – 560 043, India.
IIJNM Bangalore Selection Process 2019
- IIJNM admits both Indian and international students.
- Selection is based entirely on merit, without any regard for gender, race, religion, caste or nationality.
- There is no age bar.
- Admission procedure consists of the following
- Completion and submission of application form
- Aptitude test, counselling and personal interview
- Notification and acceptance of admission
IIJNM Bangalore Exam Centers 2019
Test and counselling are held at the following cities
- Patna and
IIJNM Bangalore Admission 2019 Important Dates
|1||IIJNM admissions for the batch of 2019-20 open on||01st December, 2018|
|2||Early application deadline with a concession of ₹10000||31st March, 2019|
|3||Regular Applications deadline||13th May, 2019|
Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media,
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main,
5th Cross, 2nd Block,
HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar,
Bangalore –560 043 India.,
Telephone No. : 080-2545 2564 / 65,
Fax No. : 080-2545 2563,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iijnm.org.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.