Indian Institute of Management – IIM Bangalore FPM Admission 2018
The Fellow Program in Management ( FPM ) is the doctoral program of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore ( IIMB ). The FPM at IIMB is recognized as a rigorous research program in all areas of business management and public policy. The program is committed to training individuals to excel in their chosen areas of research through publication-quality work of international standards.
FPM Areas of Specializations :
FPM Students specialize in one of the following areas
- Decision Sciences
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems ( not available for 2018 batch applicants )
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
Duration of the Program
Students are expected to complete the programme within 5 years.
IIM Bangalore Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have
- A Master’s Degree ( bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree ) or a 5 year Integrated Master’s Degree ( obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern ) in any discipline, with at least 55*#percent marks in the bachelor’s as well in the master’s degrees. ( OR )
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50*# percent marks
- A 4 year / 8 semesters Bachelor’s degree ( 10 +2 +4 pattern ) with at least 60*# percent marks.
*The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
# Five percent marks relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
IIM Bangalore Admission 2018 Selection Procedure
- Based on the information provided by the applicants, selected candidates will be shortlisted ( on the recommendation of the respective areas ) and called to Bangalore for an area specific written test and / or interview ( as per the requirement of the specific areas ).
- Interviews are expected to be held in the first / second week of March, 2018 (tentatively).
- Candidates will be admitted to the programme based on a combination of multiple parameters, as specified by the respective areas. Parameters may include applicant’s performance in GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF ( NET ) score or IIMB Test ( as applicable ), past academic performance, work experience, area specific test and / or interview performance etc.
- Candidates selected for admission are required to attend a Preparatory Course which is expected to be scheduled from late May through mid-June 2016. Registration for the program will be in mid-June 2018.
- We strongly encourage candidates seeking careers in academics to apply.
How to Apply for IIM Bangalore FPM Admission 2018
The application form for admission to FPM 2018, will be available at http://www.iimb.ac.in/programmes/doctoral/fpm. The deadline for submission of fully completed applications is 17th January, 2018 (5:00 p.m.). Please note that candidates can apply to a maximum of two areas of specialization.
The application fee ( Non-Refundable ) is :
- 500/- for candidates applying with either of GMAT, GRE, CAT, GRE, JRF ( NET ) score
- 1500/- for candidates opting to take the IIMB Test.
IIM Bangalore FPM Important Date 2018
|Application Deadline||17th January, 2018 (5:00 pm)|
|IIMB Test||04th February, 2018 ( Test centres –Bangalore, Delhi )|
|Interviews Dates #||30th & 31st March, 2018*|
|Offers||06th April, 2018*|
|Last date for accepting offers||20th April, 2018*|
|Programme Registration||14th June, 2018*|
Bangalore – 560 076,
Website : www.iimb.ernet.in.