Indian Institute of Mass Communication – IIMC New Delhi Admission 2018
Indian Institute of Mass Communication – IIMC New Delhi invites admission application for Post-graduate Diploma programmes for the academic session 2018 – 2019
IIMC New Delhi Admission Courses Offered
- Post-graduate Diploma in English Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Hindi Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Radio & TV Journalism ( Medium of Instruction : Bilingual – English & Hindi )
- Post-graduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations ( Medium of Instruction : Bilingual – English & Hindi )
- Post-graduate Diploma in Odia Journalism
- Post -graduate Diploma in Urdu Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Marathi Journalism
- Post-graduate Diploma in Malayalam Journalism
IIMC New Delhi Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
Nationality : Only Indian nationals are eligible for the PG Diploma Courses. In addition, five seats are available in each course for NRIs / NRI-sponsored candidates. ( NRIs / NRI sponsored candidates wishing to apply for both non-NRI and NRI categories must submit separate application forms for each category ). The selection for non-NRI seats will be based on essential qualification, merit based on the Written Entrance Examination, followed by Group Discussion / Interview, or both, ( who qualify in the Written Examination ). The applicants for NRI / NRI-sponsored seats are not required to appear for a written examination. However, they will be required to appear for Group Discussion / Interview, or both.
Essential : Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared / are appearing for a degree examination are also eligible to apply. If selected, their admission will be subject to their producing at least a provisional certificate in original from their college / university before 31 August 2018, failing which the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
Age : For general category candidates: 1.8.1993 or later. For SC / ST / Physically Handicapped candidates, the date is 1.8.1988 or later. For OBC category, it is 1.8.1990 or later
IIMC New Delhi Admission Reservation of Seats 2018
|1||Journalism ( Hindi )||62|
|2||Journalism ( English )||62||62||15||15||15||15|
|3||Radio & TV Journalism||46|
|4||Advertising & PR||70|
|5||Journalism ( Odia )||23|
|6||Journalism ( Urdu )||15|
|7||Journalism ( Marathi )||15|
|8||Journalism ( Malayalam )||15|
Reservation : As per Government of India Orders for SC / ST / PH / OBC candidates.
IIMC New Delhi Admission 2018 Application Form
For downloading Applications : The candidate shall be guided on the website itself regarding the application downloading process.
Candidates filling the application form downloaded at www.iimc.gov.in must also send a Demand Draft of 1,500/- for General & 1,000/- for SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped category candidates drawn in favour of “ IIMC, New Delhi ” as Entrance Examination fee on or before 1st May, 2018 by post or in person.
It is most important that the name of the applicant be written on the back of the Demand Draft. Downloaded application forms will be accepted subject to receipt of Demand Draft for Entrance Examination fee by the due date, otherwise the application will be rejected.
Completed applications should reach ( in person / by post ) to the following address on or before 1st May, 2018
The Additional Director General ( T&A ),
Indian Institute of Mass Communication,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
IIMC New Delhi Admission Entrance Examination Centres 2018
Eligible candidates will be called at their own expense for a written entrance examination on 27th May, 2018 and the examination centers are at New Delhi / Ahmedabad / Aizawl / Amravati / Bengaluru / Bhopal / Chennai / Dehradun / Dhenkanal / Guwahati / Hyderabad / Jammu / Kolkata / Kottayam / Lucknow / Mumbai / Patna / Ranchi / Raipur / Srinagar
IIMC New Delhi 2018 Admission Procedure
- The selection for admission to all courses is based on a written examination followed by a personal interview / group discussion. There will be a common entrance examination and common question paper for Journalism ( Hindi / English ). Candidates may apply for and write the examination for either Journalism ( Hindi ) or Journalism ( English ) in the respective languages. Further the candidate may write entrance examination for one of the courses out of Journalism ( Urdu ), Journalism ( Odia ), Journalism ( Marathi ) and Journalism ( Malayalam ). There will be separate entrance examinations and question papers for Radio & TV Journalism, Advertising & Public Relations.
- The proportionate weightage between the written entrance examination and the personal interview / group discussion is 75:25.
- The candidates will be judged on the following parameters :
For Journalism Courses :
- General Awareness, including understanding of social dynamics, social and cultural history, legal and constitutional provisions, rights of citizens, development issues especially health, education, ecology and economy, international developments and their impact on India,
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability including oral and writing skills
- Analytical & comprehension skills
- Sensitivity to social issues
- Ethics & values.
For Advertising & Public Relations :
- General awareness about development and public issues
- Aptitude & mental make-up
- Language capability
- Analytical & Comprehension skills
- Brand awareness & recall
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
- Although a preference for examination centre is obtained from the candidate, the Institute reserves the right to call any applicant for the written entrance examination at any centre at his / her own expense.
- A centre for written entrance examination, once allotted, will not be changed under any circumstances.
- All the candidates who qualify in the written entrance examination of PG Diploma Courses will be called for an interview / group discussion in the last week of June / first week of July, 2018 in New Delhi at their own expense and for Urdu, Odia, Marathi & Malayalam interview will be held at Delhi, Dhenkanal, Amravati and Kottayam respectively.
- Students coming for interview / group discussion are encouraged to bring their portfolios / work done in the past, although this is not mandatory.
Important Dates for IIMC New Delhi Admission 2018
|1||Sale of application forms begins||20th March, 2018|
|2||Sale of application forms closes||1st May, 2018|
|3||Last date of receipt of filled-in Application Forms||1st May, 2018|
|4||Entrance Examination for all Courses ( Other than Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam )||27th May, 2018|
|5||Entrance Examination for Journalism ( Urdu, Odia, Marathi and Malayalam )||26th May, 2018|
|6||Announcement of Entrance Examination results||IInd / IIIrd week of June, 2018|
|7||Interview dates||Last week of June / Ist week of July, 2018|
|8||Announcement of final selection||IInd / IIIrd week of July, 2018|
|9||Last date to deposit first instalment of fee||IIIrd week of July, 2018|
|10||Last date to submit Graduation Marksheet / Degree, failing which the Provisional Admission will be cancelled||31st August, 2018|
|11||Academic Session begins||Last week of July or 1st week of August, 2018|
IIMC New Delhi,
JNU New Campus,
Aruna Asif Ali Road,
New Delhi – 110 067, India,
Telephone No. : 011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062,
Fax : 91 -011 – 26742462,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iimc.nic.in.