Indian Institute of Science Education & Research TVM PhD Admission 2018
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram ( IISER-TVM ) applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. Program , starting January 2018.
IISER TVM PhD 2018 Admission Eligibility
- Master’s degree ( A five-year degree after +2 level ) in Biological Sciences / Chemical Sciences / Physical Sciences / Mathematics / Bioinformatics / Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine ( MBBS ). The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on 1st January, 2018.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10, or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided. Please mention this in the remarks column
- Qualification in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on 1st January, 2018 : CSIR – UGC – JRF / DBT – JRF ( Category I )* / ICMR – JRF* / Ranks 1 to 90 in GATE ( Ecology and Evolution )** / JGEEBILS ( GS – 2017 )***. Or the candidate should be eligible for DST-Inspire PhD Fellowship.
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university / institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
** GATE ( EY ) qualified candidates are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for PhD admissions to IISER-TVM.
*** Candidates who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2017 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS examination organizers.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent.
- The candidate must have qualified CSIR – UGC – JRF /GATE examinations valid as on 1st January, 2018 or DST INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Materials Science, Engineering ( Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering ), in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is mandatory.
- Qualifying in one of the following national level examination with validity as on 1st January, 2018 : GATE# / CSIR – UGC – JRF / JEST-2017 / INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship.
# Applicants with M. Tech need a GATE score valid as of 1st January, 2017.
- Normal relaxation to the eligibility criteria will be applicable as per government of India guidelines.
- Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for obtaining INSPIRE PhD Fellowship as per the DST guidelines can also apply. In the event of shortlisting and successful clearing of interview, the candidate shall be provisionally admitted for the PhD program. The admission shall be cancelled, if the candidate is unable to provide evidence for INSPIRE PhD Fellowship at the time of registration.
IISER TVM PhD 2018 Application Procedure
The Application form wil be available from the offiical website of http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/.
Applicants should complete the online application form. [ Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “submit” button after completing your application ]
Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination ( CSIR / NBHM / Inspire etc. ) online. Before proceeding with the application please go through the required documents list which is to be made ready.
Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
GE / OBC applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 200/- and SC / ST / PH candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account.
On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM.
In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
IISER TVM PhD 2018 Selection Process
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER – TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in the interview.
IISER TVM PhD 2018 Important Dates
|1||Online Application will be available from||9th September, 2017|
|2||Last date of receipt of the application form||10th October, 2017|
|3||Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute’s website||20th October, 2017|
|4||Interview for the short-listed candidates in Biological Sciences / Chemical Sciences / Physical Sciences||20th – 24th November, 2017
IISER – Thiruvananthapuram, Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus,
Trivandrum – 695016, Kerala, India,
Telephone No : 0471 – 2597459 / 2597438,
Fax No: 0471 2597427,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iisertvm.ac.in