Indian Institute of Science Education & Research – IISER TVM PhD Admission 2015
IISER TVM Admission 2015
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research,
Computer Science Building,
College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus,
Trivandrum – 695 016, Kerala, India,
Telephone No. : 0471 – 2597459 / 2597438,
Fax : 0471 2597427 / 2597438,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iisertvm.ac.in.
Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Thiruvananthapuram invites application for admission to Integrated PhD and PhD Programs for the session January, 2015.
IISER TVM Integrated Ph. D. Admissions, August 2015 :
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. program starting from 1st August 2015 at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research –Thiruvananthapuram ( IISER TVM ). Applicants appearing in the final year Bachelor degree examination are eligible to apply. However, if selected, their admission will be subjected to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the individual school.
IISER TVM PhD Admission Eligibility & Selection Procedure :
|Schools||Eligibility Criteria||About the written test|
|Biology||1. Bachelors degree in Biological / Chemical / Physical / Mathematical sciences with a minimum of 55% marks ( or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale ).|
2. All shortlisted candidates are required to appear for a written aptitude test followed by interview
|Questions will be multiple choice testing candidates’ knowledge / reasoning ability|
|Chemistry||1. Bachelors degree in Chemical sciences with a minimum of 55% marks ( or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale ).|
2. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test followed by interview
|Questions will be multiple choice.|
|Mathematics||1. Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Engineering / Technology in a relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.0 ( or 55 % marks ).|
2. NBHM-M.Sc. Fellowship valid as on 1 August 2015 with CGPA of 6.0 ( or 55 % marks ).
|Questions will be multiple choice.|
|Physics||1. Bachelors degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or Technology with minimum 55 % marks ( or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale ).|
2. Applicants should have cleared the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST ) - 2015.
IISER TVM PhD 2015 Selection Procedure
Selection Procedure for mathematical sciences
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test followed by an interview.
- NBHM – M.Sc. Fellowship holders are exempted from the written test.
IISER TVM PhD 2015 Application Procedure
- Please go through the FAQ page thoroughly before filling up the IISER TVM application form.
- IISER TVM Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL : http://www.iisertvm.in/iphd/.
- IISER TVM Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark-list, community certificate, in JPEG / GIF formats only.
- GE / OBC [ SC / ST ] candidates are reqired to make a payment of 200/- [ 100/- ] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account ( Please download the PDF file of the challan for application fee through Powerjyoti. )
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an application number.
- Short – listed applicants will be invited for a written test / interview at IISER TVM.
- Last date for the submission of the IISER TVM online application for Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics is 24th January, 2015.
IISER TVM PhD 2015 Important Dates
|IISER TVM Online Application opens||31st December, 2014|
|Last date for IISER TVM receipt of applications||24th January, 2015 ( 17:00 hrs IST )|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the University Website : http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||27th January, 2015|
|IISER TVM Written test for candidates||7th March, 2015 ( Forenoon )|
|Interview for the short-listed candidates||7th March, 2015 ( Forenoon )
8th March, 2015
|Declaration of Results||8th March, 2015 ( after 19:00 hrs IST )|
|Online Application Opens||After declaration of JEST - 2015 results|
|Interview for the shortlisted candidates||will be announced after JEST - 2015 results|
IISER TVM PhD Research Area :
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
IISER TVM PhD Admission Eligibility & Selection Procedure :
|SI.No.||Research Area||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|1.||Biological Sciences||Qualifying in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on 1st January 2015. |
CSIR - UGC - JRF / DBT - JRF* / DST-INSPIRE for Ph.D. / ICAR-JRF* / ICMR JRF* / JGEEBILS#
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to draw fellowships from Ministry of Human Resource Development ( MHRD ) institutions.
|2.||Chemical Sciences||The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent.|
The candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 1st January 2015 or INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship for Ph.D.
Previous research experience and quality publications will be considered as an added qualification.
|The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER - TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in the interview.|
|3.||Mathematical Sciences||Master’s degree in Mathematics / Statistics / in a relevant area of science with a minimum CPI of 6.5 ( or 60% of marks ) and |
Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (or 60% of marks) with valid GATE score as on 01 January 2014.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 ( or 65% of marks ), an appearance in the Indian National Math Olympiad ( INMO ) in class XI or XII, and a valid CSIR - UGC - JRF / NBHM / GATE as on 01 January, 2015.
|Applicants satisfying the above eligibility criteria will be called for a written test and interview. The selection will be based on the performance in the written test as well as the interview.
All eligible NBHM candidates need not appear for the written test and may directly appear for the interview.
|4.||Physical Sciences||Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering or Technology, in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is desirable.|
Qualifying in one of the following national level examination with validity as on 1st January 2015 : GATE# / CSIR - UGC - JRF / JEST-2014* / INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship
# Applicants with M. Tech need a GATE score valid as of 1st January, 2014.
IISER Trivandrum Admission 2015 Application Form
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL www.iisertvm.in/phd/
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination ( CSIR / NBHM / Inspire etc ) online.
- Applicants should provide Name / Affiliation / Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants should download the Referee Report Form and forward them to the concerned referees. The completed reports should be obtained in sealed envelopes and be submitted by the candidates, directly while attending the selection interviews.
- GE / OBC [ SC / ST / PH ] applicants are required to make a payment of 200/- [ 100/- ] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account.
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER – TVM.
IISER Trivandrum 2015 PhD Admission Schedule
|1||Online Application will be available at www.iisertvm.in/phd from||8th October, 2014|
|2||Last date of receipt of the IISER application form||29th October, 2014|
|3||Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute’s website www.iisertvm.ac.in||21st October, 2014|
|4||Written test and Interview for the short-listed candidates in Biological Sciences||1st - 3rd December, 2014|
|5||Interview for the short-listed candidates in Chemical Sciences||9th - 10th December, 2014|
|6||Written test and Interview for the short-listed candidates in Mathematical Sciences||3rd - 4th December, 2014|
|7||Interview for the short-listed candidates in Physical sciences||1st & 2nd December, 2014|
IISER Trivandrum Admission 2015 – IISER TVM PhD Admission Eligibility 2015 – IISER PhD Admission Form Procedure 2015 – IISER Eligibility Marks 2015 – Admission Process for IISER 2015.
Admission Notification Related : IISER TVM 2015 PhD Admission, IISER 2015 PhD Admission Notification, IISER TVM 2015 Admission Details, Indian Institute of Science Education & Research – IISER TVM PhD Admission 2015, IISER Trivandrum Admission for PhD 2015, IISER Trivandrum PhD 2015 Eligibility, IISER TVM 2015 Admission Eligibility, IISER 2015 Admission Qualification, IISER 2015 PhD Eligibility Criteria, IISER PhD 2015 Eligibility Details, Admission Procedure for IISER 2015, IISER 2015 PhD Selection Process, How to Apply Admission in IISER Trivandrum 2015, IISER Trivandrum 2015 Admission Online Application Form, IISER 2015 PhD Apply Online, IISER Trivandrum 2015 Application Last Date, Submission of IISER Admission Form 2015, IISER PhD 2015 Admission Date, IISER Trivandrum 2015 Admission Application Fee, IISER PhD 2015 Admission Brochure, IISER 2015 PhD Admission Criteria, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research PhD Admission 2015, Latest Admission News, Latest Admission Updations,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for indian institute of science education & research – iiser tvm phd admission 2015 by swathi