Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology – IIST Admission 2016
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology invites admission application for Bachelor of Technology ( BTech ) & Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.S./M.Tech ) program in the following streams for the academic year 2016.
BTech Course Specializations :
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering ( 4 year )
- B.Tech. in Avionics ( 4 year )
- Dual Degree ( B.Tech. and M.S. / M.Tech.)* ( 5 year )
**In the Dual Degree programme introduced this year, students receive on successful completion of the 5-year ( 10 semesters ) programme, a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a M.S. / M.Tech. degree in one of the following four streams.
- M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.S. in Earth System Science
- M.S. in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
Date of Birth :
Candidates belonging to General category ( GEN ) and Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) categories must have been born on or after 1st October , 1991. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) and Persons with Disabilities ( PD ) categories must have born on or after 1st October, 1986.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent) :
- Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum.
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( PCM ) in the qualifying examination and those belonging to SC / ST / PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination ( Main )-2016 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2016 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE ( Advanced )-2016 (Advanced)-2015 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE ( Advanced )-2015.
- General Candidates (GEN) : At least 20% marks( i.e.74 marks out of 372 ) in aggregate and at least 5% marks (i.e. 6 marks out of 124) in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ).
- Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer OBC (NCL) Candidates : At least 18% marks ( i.e. 66 marks out of 372 ) in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks ( i.e. 5 marks out of 124 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ).
- SC, ST & PD Candidates : At least 10% marks ( i.e.37 marks out of 372 ) in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks ( i.e. 3 marks out of 124 ) in each of the three subjects ( Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ).
IIST BTech Admission Procedure 2016 :
Visit the IIST online application portal admission.iist.ac.in, click the link for undergraduate admission-2016 and fill in all the details in the online application form.
Registration Fee :
- Candidates should register their application only through online portal admission.iist.ac.in , download and print the Challan to remit the registration fee.
- The payment can made in any one of the branches of State Bank of India ( SB I) or Union Bank of India ( UBI ), on the next working day onwards, after the date of successful completion of Online Registration, using the Challan that can been downloaded and printed from our website after the registration. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
|Male candidates in GEN and OBC||600/- ( Six Hundred only )|
|Female candidates in GEN and OBC||300/- ( Three Hundred only )|
|All SC, ST, PD candidates||300/- ( Three Hundred only )|
IIST BTech Seats :
The total number of seats for the B.Tech Programs in IIST for the academic year 2016 – 17. The seat matrix for different programmes is as follows :
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering : 60 Seats
- B.Tech. in Avionics : 60 Seats
- Dual Degree ( B.Tech. and M.S. / M.Tech. ) : 20 Seats
Important Dates IIST BTech Admission 2016 :
|1||Online registration of application opens on||8th June, 2016 ( 10 : 00 a.m. )|
|2||Online registration of application close on||*24th June, 2016 ( 11 : 00 p.m. )|
|3||Last date for remitting Registration fee in Bank||27th June, 2016|
|4||Last date for entering payment details by the candidate in the online application portal||27th June, 2016|
|5||Last date of uploading the scanned image ( PDF / JPEG ) of the Institute copy of Challan ( with Bank signature and Seal )||27th June, 2016|
|6||For NRI Candidates only
Last date for updating payment details and uploading the scanned image ( PDF / JPEG ) of the Demand Draft
Last date of receipt of Demand Draft at IIST by POST
|27th June, 2016
28th June, 2016
|7||Publication of IIST Admission Rank list and details of the Admission Counselling date / venue||*29 June, 2016|
Note : * The dates are subject to change, if there is a delay in publication of JEE ( Main ) All-India Rank list-2016 by CBSE. Any change in the above mentioned dates will be indicated in the IIST Admission website. No separate information of any change of date will be sent to any candidates.
Contact Details :
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram – 695547
Telephone No : 0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568555 Fax No : 0471-2568556
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iist.ac.in