Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IIT Bombay Admission 2015
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay PhD Admission 2015 – Click here
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IITB Admission 2015
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076,
Website : www.iitb.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic courses 2015 – 2016 :
- MTech - Master of Technology
- M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree )
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
IIT Bombay Admission Eligibility Criteria 2015 :
MTech Program :
- Candidates with first class or 60% ( 55% marks for SC / ST ) marks in B.E / BTech / B.Sc ( Engineering ) / M.Sc / MCA / MBBS / M.Pharm / BPharm ( 4 years degree ) / BDS ( 4 year degree ) / Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies ( like Institution of Engrs ( India ), Institute of Chemical Engrs, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engrs, Indian Institute of Metals etc ) and recognized as equivalent to B.E / BTech degree.
- Candidate having an IIT B.Tech degree and having a CGPA / CPI score of 8.00 and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification.
- They will be admitted to M.Tech program under TA/RA positions through written test and / or interview.
M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) :
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech program are also eligible for M.Tech + Ph.D dual degree program, in certain disciplines / specializations.
- There is a common application for M.Tech and M.Tech + Ph.D (Dual Degree) program.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech program will be considered for M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) program if they have opted for it in the application.
PhD Program :
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Arts / Commerce or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks ( 50% for SC / ST ), only for admission to the Ph.D. programmes offered by the Industrial Design Centre and Department of Humanities & Social Sciences. Such candidates must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements :
- Valid GATE / CEED Score
- Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) of CSIR / UGC / NBHM / DBT or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates having UGCNET Lectureship (LS) are also eligible for Teaching Assistantship in addition to other academic qualifications in Humanities & Social Sciences Department.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience ( acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought ).
Teaching Assistantship ( TA – ship ) / Research Assistantship ( RA-ship ) :
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology are eligible for TA-ship / RA-ship.
- Candidates without Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology require either a valid GATE score or CSIR / UGC/ NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire fellowship to be considered for TA / RAship.
- In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary groups.
M.Phil ( Planning and Development ) :
- Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 50% marks for SC / ST ) from a recognized university or deemed university.
- B.Tech / M.Sc degree or equivalent with adequate background in Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Admission to this program is open to those who qualify in M.Phil entrance test ( MET ) / GATE / UGCJRF / UGC Lectureship.
- Those appearing for the above exams may also apply.
- Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates.
- The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.
IIT Bombay Admission Application Form 2015 :
- MTech / M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) / PhD admission applications are available in IIT Bombay website : www.portal.iitb.ac.in. You are required to submit the application ONLINE.
- The fee is to be paid by Debit Card / Credit Card / SBI Internet Banking / Online Payment System / Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank ( preferably State Bank of India / Canara Bank ) in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay”, payable at Mumbai branch.
- If you are paying through Demand Draft, you MUST send the Demand Draft along with the completed copy of the application.
- If you have paid the application fee through Debit Card / Credit Card / SBI Internet Banking / Online Payment System you do not have to submit the hard copy of the application.
- Mode of application for MPhil is only offline.
Application Fee :
- GN/OBCNC Male candidates : 300/
- Third Gender (T) candidates : 300/
- GN/OBCNC Female candidates : 150/
- SC/ST Male candidates : 150/
- SC/ST Female candidates : 150/
Important Dates IIT Bombay Admission 2015 :
Last date for receipt of completed IIT Bombay admission application forms :
- M.Tech / M.Tech + PhD : 31st March, 2015.
- Ph.D : 03rd April, 2015.
- M.Phil : 30th April, 2015.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay offers MTech / MTech + PhD (Dual Degree) / MPhil / PhD Programs – IIT Bombay Admission Eligibility Criteria – IIT Bombay Admission Application Form – Important Dates IIT Bombay Admission
Admission Notification Related : IIT Bombay PhD Eligibility 2015, IIT Bombay MTech Admission Notification 2015, IIT Bombay MTech Admission Eligibility, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IIT Bombay Admission 2015, MPhil Admission in IIT Bombay 2015, IIT Bombay Admission Online Application Form 2015, IIT Bombay Admission 2015 Application Last Date, IIT Bombay Submission of Admission Application 2015, IIT Bombay MTech PhD (Dual Degree) Admission Procedure 2015, How to get PhD Application 2015 in IIT Bombay, IIT Bombay Admission Qualification 2015, IIT Bombay Admission Application Fee 2015, How to Apply MTech Admission in IIT Bombay, IIT Bombay 2015 Admission Prospectus, IIT Admissions 2015, MPhil Application Form 2015 in IIT Bombay, Latest Admission News, PhD / MTech / MPhil Admissions 2015, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for indian institute of technology bombay – iit bombay admission 2015 by vennila