Indian Institute of Technology Bombay PhD Admission 2016 – Click here
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IITB Admission 2016
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic courses 2016 – 2017 :
- MTech – Master of Technology
- M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree )
- PhD – Doctor of Philosophy
- M.Phil – Master of Philosophy
- M.Sc – PhD ( Dual Degree ) in Energy
IIT Bombay Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
MTech Program :
- Candidates with first class or 60% ( 55% marks for SC / ST ) marks in B.E / BTech / B.Sc ( Engineering ) / M.Sc / MCA / MBBS / M.Pharm / BPharm ( 4 years degree ) / BDS ( 4 year degree ) / Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies ( like Institution of Engrs ( India ), Institute of Chemical Engrs, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engrs, Indian Institute of Metals etc ) and recognized as equivalent to B.E / BTech degree.
- Candidate having an IIT B.Tech degree and having a CGPA / CPI score of 8.00 and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification.
- They will be admitted to M.Tech program under TA/RA positions through written test and / or interview.
M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) :
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech program are also eligible for M.Tech + Ph.D dual degree program, in certain disciplines / specializations.
- There is a common application for M.Tech and M.Tech + Ph.D (Dual Degree) program.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech program will be considered for M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) program if they have opted for it in the application.
PhD Program :
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Arts / Commerce or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks ( 50% for SC / ST ), only for admission to the Ph.D. programmes offered by the Industrial Design Centre and Department of Humanities & Social Sciences. Such candidates must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements :
- Valid GATE / CEED Score
- Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) of CSIR / UGC / NBHM / DBT or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Candidates having UGCNET Lectureship (LS) are also eligible for Teaching Assistantship in addition to other academic qualifications in Humanities & Social Sciences Department.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience ( acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought ).
Teaching Assistantship ( TA – ship ) / Research Assistantship ( RA-ship ) :
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology are eligible for TA-ship / RA-ship.
- Candidates without Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology require either a valid GATE score or CSIR / UGC/ NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire fellowship to be considered for TA / RAship.
- In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary groups.
M.Phil ( Planning and Development ) :
- Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 50% marks for SC / ST ) from a recognized university or deemed university.
- B.Tech / M.Sc degree or equivalent with adequate background in Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Admission to this program is open to those who qualify in M.Phil entrance test ( MET ) / GATE / UGCJRF / UGC Lectureship.
- Those appearing for the above exams may also apply.
- Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates.
- The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.
M.Sc – PhD ( Dual Degree ) In Energy :
- Candidates with B.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics as minimum qualification.
- The admission to this program will be through separate interview process for candidates who have appeared in JAM 2016.
IIT Bombay Admission Application Form 2016
- MTech / M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) / PhD admission applications are available in IIT Bombay website : www.iitb.ac.in. You are required to submit the application ONLINE.
- The fee is to be paid by Debit Card / Credit Card / SBI Internet Banking / Online Payment System / Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank ( preferably State Bank of India / Canara Bank ) in favour of “Registrar, IIT Bombay”, payable at Mumbai branch.
- If you are paying through Demand Draft, you MUST send the Demand Draft along with the completed copy of the application.
- If you have paid the application fee through Debit Card / Credit Card / SBI Internet Banking / Online Payment System you do not have to submit the hard copy of the application.
- Mode of application for MPhil is only offline.
Application Fee :
|GN / OBCNC Male candidates||300 /-|
|Third Gender (T) candidates||300 /-|
|GN / OBCNC Female candidates||150 /-|
|SC / ST Male candidates||150 /-|
|SC / ST Female candidates||150 /-|
Important Dates IIT Bombay Admission 2016
|S.No||Program||Mode of Application||Availability of Application||Last date for receipt of completed application forms|
|1||M.Tech / M.Tech + PhD ( Dual Degree )||Online||17th March, 2016||5th April, 2016|
|2||PhD||Online||17th March, 2016||5th April, 2016|
|3||M.Phil||Online||2nd April, 2016||2nd May, 2016|
|4||M.Sc – PhD ( Dual Degree ) in Energy||Online||1st April, 2016||20th April, 2016|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076,
Telephone No : 022 – 25764008 / 7066 / 7042
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.iitb.ac.in