Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IIT Bombay Admission 2013
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay PhD Admission 2013 – Click here
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IITB Admission 2013
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076,
Website : www.iitb.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay invites admission application for eligible candidates to the following academic courses 2013 – 2014 :
- MTech - Master of Technology
- M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree )
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
IIT Bombay Admission Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
MTech Program :
- Candidates with first class or 60% ( 55% marks for SC / ST ) marks in B.E / BTech / B.Sc ( Engineering ) / M.Sc / MCA / MBBS / M.Pharm / BPharm ( 4 years degree ) / BDS ( 4 year degree ) / Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies ( like Institution of Engrs ( India ), Institute of Chemical Engrs, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engrs, Indian Institute of Metals etc ) and recognized as equivalent to B.E / BTech degree.
- Candidate having an IIT B.Tech degree and having a CGPA / CPI score of 8.00 and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification.
- They will be admitted to M.Tech program under TA/RA positions through written test and / or interview.
M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) :
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech program are also eligible for M.Tech + Ph.D dual degree program, in certain disciplines / specializations.
- There is a common application for M.Tech and M.Tech + Ph.D (Dual Degree) program.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech program will be considered for M.Tech + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) program if they have opted for it in the application.
PhD Program :
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with first class or 60% marks ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- For admission in the Dept of Humanities and Social Sciences and in the Industrial Design Centre, the percentage requirement is 55% marks or equivalent ( 50% for SC / ST ).
- Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill one of the following additional requirements.
- Valid Gate score CSIR / UGC / NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire Award or Fellowship minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, for sponsored ( SW ) / self financed ( SF ) / Institute Staff ( IS ) category, minimum 6 months project work experience in IIT Bombay, for Project Staff ( PS ) category.
Teaching Assistantship ( TA – ship ) / Research Assistantship ( RA-ship ) :
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology are eligible for TA-ship / RA-ship.
- Candidates without Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology require either a valid GATE score or CSIR / UGC/ NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire fellowship to be considered for TA / RAship.
- In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments / Centres / Schools / Interdisciplinary groups.
M.Phil ( Planning and Development ) :
- Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 50% marks for SC / ST ) from a recognized university or deemed university.
- B.Tech / M.Sc degree or equivalent with adequate background in Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade ( 55% marks for SC / ST ).
- Admission to this program is open to those who qualify in M.Phil entrance test ( MET ) / GATE / UGCJRF / UGC Lectureship.
- Those appearing for the above exams may also apply.
- Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates.
- The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.
IIT Bombay Admission Application Form 2013 :
- MTech / M.Tech. + Ph.D ( Dual Degree ) / PhD admission applications are available in IIT Bombay website : www.portal.iitb.ac.in.
Important Dates IIT Bombay Admission 2013 :
Last date for receipt of completed IIT Bombay admission application forms :
- M.Tech : 02nd April, 2013.
- Ph.D : 03rd April, 2013.
- M.Phil : 10th May, 2013.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay offers MTech / MTech + PhD (Dual Degree) / MPhil / PhD Programs – IIT Bombay Admission Eligibility Criteria – IIT Bombay Admission Application Form – Important Dates IIT Bombay Admission
Admission Notification Related : IIT Bombay PhD Eligibility 2013, IIT Bombay MTech Admission Notification 2013, IIT Bombay MTech Admission Eligibility, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay – IIT Bombay Admission 2013, MPhil Admission in IIT Bombay 2013, IIT Bombay Admission Online Application Form 2013, IIT Bombay Admission 2013 Application Last Date, IIT Bombay Submission of Admission Application 2013, IIT Bombay MTech PhD (Dual Degree) Admission Procedure 2013, How to get PhD Application 2013 in IIT Bombay, IIT Bombay Admission Qualification 2013, IIT Bombay Admission Application Fee 2013, How to Apply MTech Admission in IIT Bombay, IIT Bombay 2013 Admission Prospectus, IIT Admissions 2013, MPhil Application Form 2013 in IIT Bombay, Latest Admission News, PhD/ MTech/ MPhil Admissions 2013, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for indian institute of technology bombay – iit bombay admission 2013 by Saravanan