IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2016 – 2017.
IIT Gandhinagar also offers the option of a post-graduate diploma in engineering ( PGDIIT ), which is a one year programme designed to be an intensive course-work based programme with no thesis requirements.
IIT Gandhinagar MTech Disciplines
- Chemical Engineering ( Research Areas : Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control )
- Civil Engineering ( Research Areas : Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering )
- Electrical Engineering ( Research Areas : Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering )
- Materials Science and Engineering ( Research Areas : Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials )
- Mechanical Engineering ( Research Areas : Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics )
IIT Gandhinagar MTech 2016 Admission Eligibility
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 ( on a 10 point scale ) in B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in appropriate branches ( 50% marks / 5.0 CPI for SC / ST ).
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- BTech graduates from the IITs with CGPA / CPI of 8.0 or above ( on scale of 10 ) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. program and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.The eligibility criteria mentioned above is minimum and the disciplines may use higher cut – off levels for shortlisting. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Program Requirements :
- The MTech program at IITGN places strong emphasis on both course work and research dissertation / thesis, while the PGDIIT program only places emphasis on course work.
- The thesis is compulsory for the award of an MTech degree.
- It is expected that the thesis will result in high quality scholarly publications and national and international conference presentations. A thesis is not required for the PGDIIT degree.
- 4 – semester fully – residential program ( may take longer to complete in some cases, depending on the progress of the thesis work )
- Total minimum 80 credits in course work and thesis.
IIT Gandhinagar 2016 Admission Procedure
- IITG MTech Admission is generally offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and / or GATE score. The Institute reserves the right to use its own judgment while determining the candidate’s level of competency based on the available information. The final selection will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, GATE score, written test and interview. The Institute may also exercise the option of offering admission to a few outstanding candidates based on academic record and / or GATE, without calling them for written test and interview.
- The IITG MTech written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude ( logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc. ), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate program. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
- The candidates called for the Test and Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding 750/- for to and fro single second – sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute / venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of 1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed 650/-. It is required to produce evidence ( railway ticket ) in support of the claim.
IIT Gandhinagar MTech Application Procedure 2016
All IITG MTech applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline A soft copy of the submitted application will be sent to your email ID in 2 – 3 working days. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form with photograph and all the documentary evidence in original ( testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research / professional experience ) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is NO application fee.
- You NEED NOT send the hard – copyof the application form.
Important Dates IIT Gandhinagar MTech Admission 2016
|Opening of application portal||20th March, 2016|
|Application form submission deadline||08th April 2016|
|Web announcement of short-listed candidates for written test and / or interview||21st April, 2016|
|Written test and / or interview||15th to 19th May, 2016|
|Web announcement of list of selected candidates||07th May, 2016|
IITG MTech Interview Schedule 2016
|Discipline||Tentative Date of the Interview|
|Chemical Engineering||16 & 17 May, 2016|
|Civil Engineering||15 & 16 May, 2016|
|Electrical Engineering||16 & 17 May, 2016|
|Mechanical Engineering||18 & 19 May, 2016|
|Materials Science & Engineering||19 May 2016|
IIT Gandhinagar Contact Address
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar,
Palaj, Gandhinagar – 382355;
Phone No : +91 93284 74222,
Fax No : +91 – 79 – 2397 2324, 2397 2583,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iitgn.ac.in.
IIT Gandhinagar Apply Online : https://admissions.iitgn.ac.in/pgapplication.php
IIT Gandhinagar Admission 2016
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College Complex,
Visat Gandhinagar Highway,
Gujarat – 382 424, India,
Telephone No. : + 91 93284 74222,
Fax No. : + 91 – 79 – 2397 2324,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com,
Website : www.iitgn.ac.in.
IIT Gandhinagar MA 2016 Admission
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar invites application for admission to M.A. in Society and Culture Program for the academic year 2016.
IIT Gandhinagar 2016 Admission Eligibility
- The minimum criterion to apply is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks ( or equivalent CPI / GPA ). Please note that meeting the minimum application criterion will not guarantee admission to the program. The students who are awaiting final semester / year results and those who would be completing Bachelor’s degree in the academic year 2014 – 2015 are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility requirements for SC / ST / OBC candidates will be in accordance to the UGC / Supreme Court guidelines.
- The short-listing of the applications will be based on the overall credentials ( marks in the qualifying examinations, academic achievements and aptitude for the study of society and culture, etc ). The eligibility criteria mentioned above are minimum expectations and the committee may use higher cut-off levels for shortlisting.
IIT Gandhinagar 2016 Admission Procedure
- Admission is offered on the basis of a written test and interview. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records and aptitude for the study of society and culture. The final selection decision will be based on all of above, viz., academic records, aptitude, written test and interview.
- Test and interview will be held at IIT Gandhinagar. Dates will be announced in due course.
- The candidates appearing for the Test / Interview will be reimbursed travel costs of any amount exceeding 600/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute / venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of 1000/- the candidate will be reimbursed 400/-. It is required to produce evidence ( railway ticket ) in support of the claim.
IIT Gandhinagar 2016 Admission Application Form
All applications must be submitted online. You need not send the hard copy of the application form. However, you need to furnish a hard copy of the application form with a photograph and all the documentary evidence in original ( testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research / professional experience ) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected. There is no application fee.
IIT Gandhinagar 2016 Important Dates
- Last date for submitting applications : 15th January, 2016
- Web announcement of short-listed candidates : 30th January, 2016
- Admission Test and Interviews : 12th – 13th March, 2016
- Announcement of selected candidates : 25th March, 2016
- Last date for payment of Fees : 15th April, 2016