Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013
India – 247667,
Phone No. : + 91 – 1332 – 284292,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iitr.ernet.in.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program for academic session 2013 – 2014.
IIT Roorkee PhD 2013 Admission Course Specializations
- Architecture and Planning / Alternate Hydro Energy Centre / Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / Civil Engineering / Earthquake Engineering / Earth Sciences / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Humanities and Social Sciences / Hydrology / Management Studies / Mathematics / Mechanical and Industrial Engineering / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering / Physics / Pulp & Paper Technology / Polymer and Process Engineering / Applied Science and Engineering / Water Resources Development and Management
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013 Eligibility Criteria
1. An applicant belonging to the above admission categories in 6 should possess the following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. program of the Institute.
- Masters degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Urban & Rural Planning / Pharmacy / Computer Applications of 3 years duration after graduation, in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the years / semesters ) where marks are awarded. Such candidates should have qualified GATE prior to admission to M.Tech / M.Arch or thereafter ( GATE score may or may not be valid ) or UGC / CSIR NET wherever applicable. This condition shall not be applicable to Sponsored Research Scholars / Part – Time Research Scholars OR
- Masters degree in Sciences / Humanities & Social Sciences / Management in respective discipline or equivalent with a valid NET ( CSIR / UGC ) / NET ( LS ) or valid GATE or valid GPAT score and minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute where letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks where marks are awarded.
- B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree or equivalent in respective discipline with excellent academic record ( with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 70% marks ) and in possession of a valid GATE score.
Note : Candidates belonging to OBC category must submit Xeroxed copy of category certificate as per GOI, the format of the same is also available on the Institute website, OBC Non – creamy layer certificate should have been issued after 31st March, 2013 by a competent authority and duly attested by Gazetted Officer.
2. The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or 55% marks to the following categories :
- SC / ST candidates with Master’s degree.
- Academic staff of the Institute who has an experience of more than 5 years.
- Preference given to the candidates who possess M.Tech/M.Sc. degrees from IITs / IISc will be as to follows :
- Candidates with M.Tech. degree in Engineering or M.Arch. having a CGPA of 7.50 or more from IITs / IISc be called for interview and recommendations for their admission will be sent separately by the departments without taking into account their merit with candidates from other institutions. Candidates with M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree in Sciences having a CGPA of 8.00 or more from IITs / IISc be called for interview and recommendations for their admission will be sent separately by the departments without taking into account their merit with other candidates.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013 Application Form
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee admission to Ph.D. programs for Spring Semester of the session 2013 – 14 candidates need to register and fill the application from 27th September, 2013 ONLINE only by accessing the website http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in on or before 21st October, 2013. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature, downloaded IITR copy of bank challan and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the following address along with necessary documents on or before 25th October, 2013.
PG Admissions Office,
Roorkee – 247 667,
Important Dates for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013
- IIT Roorkee PhD Apply online : 27th September, 2013 ( Friday )
- Last Date for Applying Online : 21st October, 2013 ( Monday ) at 5:30 P.M.
- Last date for deposit of application fee : 22nd October, 2013 ( Tuesday )
- Receiving of downloaded Application Form at PG Admission Office, IIT Roorkee : 25th October, 2013 ( Friday )
Indian Institute of Technology offers PhD Courses 2013 / 2014 – IIT Roorkee PhD Admission Course Specializations – IIT Roorkee PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria – IIT Roorkee PhD Admission Application Form – Important Dates for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013
Admission Notification Related : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Admission Notice 2013, IIT Roorkee Admission for PhD Programs 2013 / 2014, PhD Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee Admission 2013, Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2013, IIT Roorkee Admission Selection Procedure 2013, IIT Roorkee Admission Process 2013, Important Dates for IIT Roorkee Admission 2013, How to Apply IIT Roorkee Admission 2013, Submission of IIT Roorkee PhD Admission Forms 2013, IIT Roorkee Admission Offered Courses / Duration 2013, PhD Admission Fees Structure in IIT Roorkee 2013, Latest IIT Roorkee Admission 2013, IIT Roorkee PhD Admission Alerts / News 2013, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Address / Website, Indian Institute of Technology PhD Admission Details 2013,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for indian institute of technology – iit roorkee phd admission 2013 by amala