IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2016
Indian Institute of Technology,
Uttarakhand – 247667,
Telephone No. : +91 1332 285875 / 284010,
Fax No : +91 1332 285874/273560
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iitr.ernet.in.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program for academic session 2016 – 2017.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2016 Course Specializations
- Architecture and Planning / Alternate Hydro Energy Centre / Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / Civil Engineering / Earthquake Engineering / Earth Sciences / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Humanities and Social Sciences / Hydrology / Management Studies / Mathematics / Mechanical and Industrial Engineering / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering / Physics / Pulp & Paper Technology / Polymer and Process Engineering / Applied Science and Engineering / Water Resources Development and Management
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
1. An applicant belonging to the above admission categories should possess the following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the PhD program of the Institute.
- Masters degree or equivalent in respective discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 6.50 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the years / semesters ) where marks are awarded, for the GENERAL ( UR ) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test : GATE / UGC – NET / CSIR – NET or equivalent or holding a national level fellowship. The condition for national level graduate admission test is not applicable to sponsored full-time and part-time research candidates.
- B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 75% marks) with GATE. Graduates from the IITs getting a CGPA score of 8.00 or above (on scale of 10) would be entitled to the assistantship without having to appear in GATE. OR
- The candidates pursuing master’s programs in engineering or Architecture from IIT Roorkee having CGPA of at least 8.50 on a 10 point scale ( after first year/completing all courses ) shall have a choice of internal lateral entry in to Ph.D programme after completing all requirements of the first two semesters of the First year of the Master’s programme.
2. The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks to the following categories :
- SC / ST candidates with Master’s degree or equivalent degree.
- Any category of PD ( Persons with different abilities ) candidate holding Master’s degree or equivalent degree.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2016 Application Form
- The candidate is required to register and fill the IIT Roorkee PhD Application online from 9th February, 2016 to 29th February, 2016 by accessing http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in.
- After finalizing the IIT Roorkee PhD Application, download the online filled Application and Bank Challan ( in triplicate ) simultaneously.
- The requisite fee of 200/- for GEN / OBC and 100/- for SC / ST / PD category candidates must be deposited for each department in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country through bank challan on next working day of finalization of Online Application and or before the last date i.e. 2nd March, 2016.
- Bank will retain a copy and will return two copies to you. Out of two copies, retain the Candidate’s copy with you and attach the IITR’s copy with the print out of downloaded IIT Roorkee PhD 2016 Application Form.
- Send completed IIT Roorkee PhD Application Forms to the PG admission office through Speed Post ( preferably ) or by Registered Post to :
PG Admission Office,
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
Roorkee – 247 667,
Important Dates for IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2016
- Apply online ( Website Open ) : 9th February, 2016
- Last Date for Applying online ( Website Closure ) : 29th February, 2016
- Last date for deposit of application fee : 2nd March, 2016
- Receiving of downloaded Application Form at PG Admission Office, IIT Roorkee : 4th March, 2016