IIT Indore PhD Admission 2016
PACL Campus, 113 / 2 – B,
Opposite to Veterinary College,
Indore – MHOW Road,
Indore – 453 446, Madhya Pradesh, India,
Telephone No. : 0732-4240 705 / 4240777,
Fax : 0732-4240 761,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.iiti.ac.in.
IIT Indore Admission 2016 – 2017 :
IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated research students for admission to the PhD program in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences as per the below disciplines and areas of research. Candidates are advised to look at the detailed research profiles of faculty members.
Categories of Admission :
Admission to the PhD program 2016 is offered under the following categories :
- Applicants for TA or RA fellowships should have qualified UGC – NET or GATE or CSIR – NET or have MPhil degree. The Fellowship / Stipend will be applicable as per Government norms.
- SW ( Sponsored Without Institute scholarship ) : Sponsored from a reputed Industrial or Research organization. ( Full time / Part time )
- IS : Institute staff ( part time ) without any scholarship from the Institute.
- DF : Serving personnel in the defence forces without any scholarship from the Institute.
- Masters degree in Arts / Commerce / Management with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent with UGC – NET or UGC – JRF qualification OR
- Masters degree in Science / Engineering with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks with CSIR – NET or GATE qualification OR
- M.Phil. degree with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR
- B.Tech. from an Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT ) with a minimum CPI of 8.0.
IIT Indore PhD Admission Important Dates 2016 :
|Sl. No.||IIT Indore PhD Admission 2016 – 17 Admission Process||Important Dates|
|1.||Last date for online application through Academic website http://academic.iiti.ac.in:8080/nregistration.jsp||Tuesday, April 5, 2016|
|2.||Last date for hard copy of online application along with required documents||Tuesday, April 12, 2016|
|3.||Date of Written Test and / or Interview||First week of May 2016 ( exact date will be intimated in due course )|
Research Areas of Faculty members with PhD vacancies :
|Dr Bharath Kumar||Social and Political Philosophy, Moral Philosophy|
|Dr Neeraj Mishra||Urban / Rural Water Governance; Politics of River water sharing in South Asia; Political Sociology of River Basin Management; Anthropology of Development and Urbanization; Sociology of Development; Environmental Sociology|
|Dr Nirmala Menon||Digital Humanities; Publishing & interdisciplinary literary studies. ( JRF / Sponsored Candidates Only )|
|Dr Pritee Sharma||Agriculture & Environment; Food Security; Climate Change Resilience; Energy Policy|
|Dr Ruchi Sharma||International Economics with specific focus on FDI and technology transfer; Economics of Innovation with specific focus on R&D, patenting and patent policy|
Reservation and Relaxation :
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks or 0.5 CPI for SC / ST applicants. The reservation of seats in admissions for SC, ST, OBC categories and for persons with disability ( PD ) will be as per Government of India rules.