Indian Institute of Technology Madras – IIT Madras Admission 2016
IIT Madras Admission 2016
Indian Institute of Technology Madras invites applications for admission to PhD and MS ( Research ) programmes for the session July to November, 2016.
IITM Admission Eligibility 2016
Eligibility for IITM PhD
Ph.D. in Engineering :
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible, for the relevant Engineering disciplines(as decided by admitting departments). Candidates must have a valid GATE score or UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration. In the case of candidates with Bachelor’s degrees are in Engineering / Technology OR candidates with more than 5 years relevant experience after the Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the Selection Committee.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme in various Engineering and Science departments as a regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions :
- a B.Tech. degree holder of Centrally Funded Technical Institute with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or with a valid GATE score
- a Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology with 8 CGPA or equivalent from any other University and having a valid GATE score.
- a Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization and having a proven research record.
Candidates with B.E/B.Tech. for direct admission to Ph.D. programme will be joining a two-degree ( M.S+Ph.D ) programme.
Ph.D. in Sciences :
- Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology are eligible with a good academic record.
- B.Tech degree holder of an IIT are eligible with a minimum of CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or with a valid GATE Score.
- B.Tech / B.E degree of any recognized University in India with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or equivalent with valid GATE score.
- Students who get more than 8.0 CGPA in M.Sc. in Science Departments of IIT Madras can be admitted directly to their Ph.D programme in Sciences with interview at departmental level;
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences :
- Master’s degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline AND Qualifying UGC – NET or JRF / CSIR-JRF / GATE Score or any national level examination tenable for the current year in the relevant area or international level post graduate admission examination such as GRE (Non-HTRA). OR
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- At least 3 years of experience in research/industry in lieu of the above examination. (This clause is only for Non-HTRA candidates)
Ph.D in Management :
- Masters degree or equivalent PG Diploma or Associateship in a relevant discipline, and a Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record OR Five year integrated masters degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with a good academic record AND
- Qualifying in national level examinations such as CAT /XAT /MAT /ATMA /GATE /UGC or CSIR / NET / JRF or Lectureship or equivalent or international level post graduate admission examination such as GMAT / GRE or equivalent. OR
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in lieu of the above examination. ( This clause is only for Non-HTRA candidates )
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology with a good academic record or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering / Technology in a relevant discipline are exempted from qualifying in National level examinations.
Eligibility for IITM MS ( Research )
M.S. in Engineering :
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record and a valid GATE score or CAT/AIMA or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant areas.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), the Aeronautical society of India, the Indian Institute of Metals, the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, the Institute of Electronics and Tele – communication Engineering and other professional bodies approved by the Senate from time to time.
- Candidates having qualified in MFT (Major Field Test) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
- IIT B.Tech candidates with a CGPA score of 8.0 or above on a scale of 10 [SC/ST: 7.5 CGPA] are eligible to apply for M.S. Programme.
M.S. in Entrepreneurship / Management
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in any professional discipline of minimum four years duration or Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with a good academic record, AND
- A good score or pass in :
- national level post graduate admission qualifying examinations such as CAT / XAT / MAT / ATMA / GATE or equivalent, or
- International level post graduate admission qualifying examination such as GMAT / GRE or equivalent
- at least 3 years of managerial experience in lieu of the qualifying test. ( This clause is only for non-HTRA candidates )
- Candidates having qualified in MFT ( Major Field Test ) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
The minimum eligibility requirement for admission will be graduates with a B.Tech/B.E. or any postgraduate degree (eg. M.A or M.Com will be eligible; not B.A. or B.Com graduate).
IITM MS PhD Selection Procedure 2016 :
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the departments from time to time, will be called for an interview and / or test by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
IITM MS PhD Reservation of Seats 2016
IITM Reservations are applicable to SC / ST / OBC /Persons with Disability ( PD ) candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
IITM MS PhD Application Form 2016
IITM MS PhD Online Application Form & Admission Brochure is available on the Institute website www.iitm.ac.in.
Candidates are required to submit the application ONLINE. No Downloadable Forms will be available. After filling the form, candidates are advised to take a print of their application and keep the same for the record.
The IITM MS PhD application fee is as follows :
- GN / OBC-NC Male candidates : 200/-
- GN / OBC-NC Female candidates : 100/-
- SC / ST and PwD candidates : 100/-
IITM MS PhD Application fee is non-refundable.
IITM MS PhD Admission Important Dates 2016
|Registration of Application forms will be open on||28th February, 2016|
|Last date for Registration of application through on-line||24th March, 2016|
|Interview and or Test [ on or before ]*||25th April, 2016 to 16th May, 2016|
|Selected candidates list display in the Research Website||03rd June, 2016|
|Selected Candidates to join on||14th July, 2016|
IIT Madras Contact Address
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036,
Website : www.iitm.ac.in.
IIT Madras MS PhD Apply Online : https://research.iitm.ac.in/user
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme – 2016 :
The IITM – Summer Fellowship Programme of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
IITM Fellowship Program Eligibility 2016 :
Candidates pursuing Third Year of B.E. / B. Tech. / B.Sc. ( Engg ) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. programme, First Year of ME / M.Tech / M.Sc. / M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score / rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards / distinctions obtained. [ IIT students are not eligible to apply ].
Period of the Project : Duration of the programme may commence from 16th May 2016 to 15th July 2016 ( Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience ).
Stipend : A sum of Rs.5000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
IITM Fellowship Program Participating Departments 2016 :
Aerospace Engg, Applied Mechanics, Bio Technology, Chemical Engg, Civil Engg , Computer Science & Engg, Engineeing Design, Electrical Engg, Mechanical Engg, Metallurgical & Materials Engg, Ocean Engg., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management Studies.
IITM Fellowship Program Application Form 2016 :
- Application should be submitted through online only using this site
- There is no need to send hard copy to IIT Madras
- Generate a pdf file and keep it for your reference
- Please ensure that all the relevant data and enclosures are uploaded online.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
For any clarification, please register complaint through portal.
Note : Letter issued by the Head of the Institution certifying that you are a bonafide student.
IITM Fellowship Program Online Applying Procedure 2016 :
|1||Register||Create Account (details in How to apply Online menu|
|2||Edit Basic Profile||Fill Basic Info. / HSC / UG / PG / Additional Exam. info|
|3||View My Application||You can check your data is correct. stage by stage (Basic, Department and file upload info. you can view in this page)|
|4||Apply to Department||Selecting a department with three option and Project Proposal (no choice for Physics and Humanities dept.)|
|5||Upload My files||you can upload files available with you by selecting appropriate check box|
|6||Submit My Application||This menu will activated only all above steps are completed This menu will create PDF format Application for you and us If not completed up to this stage your application is NOT VALID|
IITM Fellowship Program Important Dates 2016 :
Last date for submitting application : 29th February 2016 at 5.00 pm.
IIT Madras Admission 2016 PhD MS Programs Indian Institute of Technology Madras invites applications for admission to PhD and MS ( Research ) programmes for the session July to November, 2016. IITM Admission Eligibility 2016 Eligibility for IITM PhD Ph.D. … Continue reading
Admission Notification Related : IITM MS PhD 2016 Information Bulletins, MS PhD 2016 in IITM, IITM MS PhD 2016 Admission, Indian Institute of Technology Madras – IIT Madras Admission 2016, MS PhD Admission in IITM 2016, IITM MS PhD 2016 Eligibility Criteria, IITM MS PhD 2016 Qualification & Experience, PhD MS Admission in IITM Chennai 2016, IITM MS PhD 2016 Admission Notification, IITM MS Admission Eligibility 2016, 2016 Admission Notification in IIT Madras, IITM MS PhD Application Form, IITM MS PhD 2016 Admission Process, Admission in Indian Institute of Technology Madras 2016, IITM MS PhD 2016 Important Date, Important Dates for PhD Admission in IITM 2016, Selection Procedure for IITM Admission, IITM PhD Admission 2016 Selection Procedure, IITM Admission Eligibility Criteria, IITM 2016 MS PhD Admission, IITM Admission Notification, IITM 2016 Admission Requirements, How to Apply for IITM MS PhD 2016, MBA Admission in IITM Chennai, PhD Admission in Indian Institute of Technology Madras 2016, MS Admission Form in IITM, IITM Summer Fellowship Admission 2016, MS Eligibility for IITM 2016 Admission, PhD MS Admission Application for IITM 2016, IITM Online Admission Form, Indian Institute of Technology Madras Admission Notice, MS Admission Procedure for IITM 2016, 2016 Admission Notice in IIT Madras, Eligibility for IITM Admission 2016, IITM Admission Selection Procedure 2016, IITM Admission Application Form, IITM Summer Fellowship Admission Eligibility 2016, IITM Chennai Admission 2016,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for indian institute of technology madras – iit madras admission 2016 by vennila