Indian Institute of Technology Madras – IIT Madras MTech Admission 2019
Important : IIT Madras M.Tech admission will be based on GATE 2019
IIT Madras Admission 2019
Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for GATE leading to admission in M.Tech programs and for the academic year 2019.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Courses 2019
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics / Solid Mechanics
- Biotechnology in Clinical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Catalysis Technology
- Civil Engg. with specialization in
- Building Technology and Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulics & Water Res. Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engg. with M.Tech specialization in
- Communication Engineering
- Power System and Power Electronics
- Micro Electronics & VLSI Design
- Control & Instrumentation System
- Maths – Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing
- Mechanical Engg. with M.Tech specialization in
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Metallurgical & Material Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics – Solid State Technology
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidate should passed B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch. or M.Sc ( Chemistry / Life Sciences / Mathematics / Physics ) or Associate Membership holders with 60% marks and with GATE Score. IIT B.Tech graduates having 8.0 and above CGPA ( 7.5 for SC / ST ) can apply without GATE.
- Candidate should passed B.E / B.Tech first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years or AMIE or any other Associate membership ( no need for having GATE score ) and Sponsored by industry / government organizations / private and public enterprises recognized by DST engaged in R&D work / engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, with two years of professional experience.
- Quality Improvement Programme ( QIP )
- Selection is made through a test / interview.
- Defence ( R&T, PGT )
- Sponsored by Defence Authority.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- All the papers of the GATE 2019 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer based test, at the end of the stipulated time ( 3-hours ), computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of examination. Candidate will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
GATE 2019 Question Papers
Pattern of Questions
GATE 2019 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Numerical Answer Type
Design of Questions
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
- Analysis and Synthesis
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Application Form 2019
- Indian Institute of Technology GATE application form is available in the official website : www.iitm.ac.in.
- The following documents are to be required at the time of admission :
- DOB Certificate / Class 10 certificate having candidates DOB
- GATE score card ( Online print out of GATE score card, if GATE score card is not received )
- Photocopies of the qualifying degree marks / grade sheet
- NOC / Reliving Certificate from employer, if candidate is employed at the time of admission
- SC / ST / OBC Certificate ( if applicable )
- Certificate of Physical status ( Type of disability, if applicable )
|Examination Centres in India||During the Period||During the Extended
|SC / ST / PwD / Female Candidates||[rupee] 750/-||[rupee] 1250/-|
|All other Candidates||[rupee] 1500/-||[rupee] 2000/-|
|Examination Centres outside India ( All Candidates )|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card for GATE 2019 will be available only on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 4th January, 2019. Note that the Admit Cards will not be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( No photocopy / scanned copy / not an expired document ), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2019 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection is done on the basis of GATE entrance exam followed by Written Test / Personal Interview.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Results 2019
- GATE 2019 results will be announced on the 16th March, 2019 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. GATE 2019 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) Website Opens||1st September, 2018|
|2||Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application||23rd September, 2018|
|3||Extended Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application||1st October, 2018|
|4||Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City ( an additional fee will be applicable )||16th November, 2018|
|5||Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal ( for printing )||4th January, 2019|
|GATE 2019 Examination|
|6||Forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon ( Tentative )||2nd and 3rd February, 2019|
|7||Afternoon 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM ( Tentative )||9th and 10th February, 2019|
|8||Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||16th March, 2019|
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Phone : 044-22578200
Fax : 044-22578204
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iitm.ac.in.