IMU CET PhD / MS Admission 2018
Inadian Maritime University ( IMU ) invites admission Application to the Ph.D and M.S. by Research Programmes for January 2018 Batch.
IMU CET PhD / MS Admission Eligibility 2018
For PhD :
- A Post Graduate ( P.G ) degree in the respective ‘areas of research’ as mentioned above or in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ). For SC / ST candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% ( or equivalent CGPA ).
- A M.S ( By Research ) or M. Phil degree in the respective ‘areas of research’ as mentioned above or in a relevant discipline.
- To encourage Faculty members for enhancing their Qualifications, Mariners with Master / MEO Class I Certificates of Competencies or PGDMOM qualifications with 2 years of full time teaching experience at degree level
For M.S. by Research :
The eligibility criteria for admission to the M.S ( By Research ) programme shall be an Under Graduate ( U.G ) degree in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ), except in the case of Mariners for whom a Master / MEO Class I Certificate of Competency would suffice. For SC / ST candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% ( or equivalent CGPA).
IMU CET PhD / MS Admission Process 2018
For PhD :
- Admissions to the Ph.D programme shall be done twice in a year i.e. in January and July.
- A candidate can submit his / her application for admission to the Ph.D programme any time during the year on payment of prescribed fee for the admission test.
- A candidate submitting his / her application between 1st July and 31st October shall be considered for admission to the January batch of the following year. A candidate submitting his / her application between 1st January and 30th April shall be considered for admission to the July batch of the same year.
For M.S. by Research :
Admissions to the M.S ( By Research ) programme shall be done once in a year i.e. in January.
A candidate can submit his / her application for admission to the M.S ( By Research ) programme anytime during the calendar year up to 31st October on payment of prescribed fee for the admission test.
IMU CET PhD / MS Admission Application Form 2018
IMU CET PhD Application Form available on the official website of http://www.imu.edu.in
IMU CET PhD Admission & Registration fee 10000/-.
IMU CET PhD / MS Admission Selection Process 2018
- A ‘Written Test’ will be administered in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format, to test a candidate’s General Mental Ability, knowledge of the Maritime sector, and knowledge of the relevant discipline / ‘area of research’ in which the candidate proposes to do his / her Ph.D. The ‘Written Test’ which will carry 50% weightage,
- Candidates who are shortlisted based on the ‘Written Test’, will be required to appear for an ‘Essay Writing Test’ on a general topic carrying 35% weightage, on the date of the interview.
- After the ‘Essay Writing Test’, candidates will be required to appear for a ‘Personal Interview’ which will carry a 15% weightage.
IMU CET PhD / MS Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for submission of application form||15th November, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
|2||Issue of Call Letters for Written Test||1st December, 2017 ( Friday )|
|3||Written Test Date||11th December, 2017|
|4||Date of commencement of the programme||15th January, 2018 ( Monday )|
MERI PGDME 2016 ADMISSIONS
Indian Maritime University,
Marine Engineering & Research Institute,
Hay Bunder road,
Mumbai – 400 033,
Telephone No : + 91 – 22 – 23774261, 23771181,
Fax : + 91 – 22 – 23753151,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.imumumbai.com / www.imu.edu.in
MERI PGDME 2016 Admission :
Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Campus conducts one year pre – sea training course for graduates in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture at MERI. MERI, formerly known as DMET is a world class institute, in the business of producing finest of Marine Engineers for the last 6 decades. A few seats ( approx 60 seats ) of this One year Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering ( PGDME ).
MERI PGDME Admission 2016 Eligibility criteria :
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical & Automation Engineering / Naval Architecture, from a College approved by All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ) or the I.I.T. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in ( Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering ) from IMU are also eligible for admission to this course.
- Fulfilling additional requirements of D.G. Shipping that of minimum 50% marks in final year and minimum 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th standard is must.
MERI PGDME Admission 2016 Age Limit :
- Maximum 28 years on date of commencement of training ( 1st January, 2016 ).
- Age relaxation of five years for SC / ST candidates and two years for female candidates applicable.
MERI PGDME Admission 2016 Medical standard :
- As per existing MS medical standards for pre sea training. Good health and eyesight in general.
- Medical fitness certificate from Directorate General of Shipping approved medical practitioner to be obtained before admission.
MERI PGDME Admission 2016 Application Procedure :
- MERI Application form and other details may be downloaded from IMU / IMU – Mumbai Campus /collected in person from MERI, Mumbai. Completed application form together with Demand Draft for 1,000 /- should be sent to “Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Campus, Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai – 400033” reach on or before 15th December, 2015. Filling up of application form does not guarantee admission.
- ` 1,000/- by D.D. issued by a nationalised bank in the name of “Indian Maritime University, Mumbai Campus” payable at Mumbai
- IMU-Mumbai Campus reserves the right to postpone / cancel the selection process for the course at any stage without assigning any reason and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- M.E.R.I. organizes campus interview for placement of cadets on ships for onboard training as far as possible.
MERI PGDME Admission 2016 Important Dates :
- Last Date of Receipt of MERI 2016 Application Forms : 15th December, 2015
- MERI PGDME 2016 Commencement of Classes : 1st January, 2016
IMU CET December Admission 2015
Indian Maritime University invites application for admission in Diploma in Nautical Science ( DNS ) Leading to BSc. ( Nautical Science ) – One Year Course for the academic year 2015 – 2016.
IMU CET Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria
IMU CET Admission 2015 Selection Procedure
Selection to the course would be based on the performance by candidates at IMU CET examinations scheduled to be held at different centers at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Vishakapatinam, Kandla, Lucknow and Cochin .
IMU CET Admission 2015 Application Form
The payments for CET exams should be in favor of Indian Maritime University, Chennai. The payments through bank challan can be made at any branch of the bank located anywhere in India. After payment in the bank, a Journal Number should be obtained from the bank. The application forms duly filled in all respects should be sent to the following address in an envelope superscribing over the envelope.
“Controller of Examinations,
Indian Maritime University,
East Coast Road, Uthandi,
Chennai – 600119.”
IMU CET Admission 2015 Important Dates
- Last date for Online Registration : 6th April, 2015
- Hall Ticket can be downloaded : From 11th April, 2015
- Date of Computer-Based CETs : 25th April, 2015 between 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Date of Publication of Results : 30th April, 2015
- Date(s) of Counselling for all UG & PG Program : 11th May, 2015 to 12th June, 2015
- Certificate Verification : 22nd June, 2015 to 3rd July, 2015
- Date of Commencement of Program : 3 rd August, 2015