Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala – IFTK Admission 2018Admission Notification »
Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala Admission 2018
Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala Applications are invited for admission to 4 years Bachelor Of Design ( B.Des ) – Fashion Design program for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
IFTK BDes Eligibility 2018
Eligibility : 10 + 2 from a recognized board of Education.
Bachelor Degree in Design ( B.Des ) – Fashion Design Candidates for admission to the Bachelor of Design Degree course ( B.Des ) – Fashion Design shall be required to have passed ( any one of below ).
- Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala.
- 12th standard V.H.S.E, C.B.S.E, I.C.S.E
- Any other examination accepted by the University as equivalent to and obtaining not less than 50 per cent marks in aggregate.
- Diploma in Engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Education, Kerala
- An examination recognized as equivalent thereto after undergoing an institutional course of at least three years securing a minimum of 50% marks in the final diploma examination.
- International Baccalaueate Diploma, after ten years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate, subject to the usual concessions allowed for backward and other communities as specified from time to time.
All Admissions to Bachelor of Design Degree course ( B.Des ) – Fashion Design shall be subject to passing of an Aptitude Test conducted by IFTK.
IFTK BDes Reservation of seats 2018
The seats reserved for SC / ST / OEC / OBC are as per the Kerala Government and University of Kerala norms . For availing reservation, the candidates have to submit the Income and Community Certificate for SC / ST / OEC / OBC categories and BPL certificate for Economically Backward among Forward communities ( If applicable )
The seats reserved for SC / ST / OBC are as under
- SC – 8%
- ST – 2%
- OBC – 26%
IFTK BDes Entrance Examination 2018
IFTK BDes Aptitude test comprises General Ability test & Creative Ability Test
1. General Ability Test ( GAT )
- Quantitative Ability : This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative skills of the candidates. The sub test consists of questions on addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, rate of interest, work and task, ratio and proportion and distance.
- Communication Ability : This sub-test is aimed at testing the English language skills of the candidates in day-to-day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, etc.
- English Comprehension : This sub-test is to test one’s ability to comprehend the meaning of from a given passage.
- Analytical Ability : This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s infer¬ence and logical reasoning.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs : This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of current affairs.
2. Creative Ability Test ( CAT )
- This test is aimed at judging the skill, power of observation, innovation and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the candidate’s use of colour and illustration.
The candidates who successfully clear the entrance examination will be called for the personal interview. A candidate is judged on the various parameters during individual personal interview by a panel, as listed below
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
IFTK Application Form 2018
IFTK BDes admission application form is available in the official website www.iftk.ac.in.
How to apply
- Prospectus and Application form can be obtained from the Institute on payment of [rupee] 300/- in Demand Draft drawn in favour of Principal, IFTK payable at Kundara, or can be downloaded from the Website www.iftk.ac.in.
- The application form completed in all respects along with the Demand Draft of [rupee] 1200/- ( [rupee] 1500/- if the application and prospectus downloaded from website ) in favour of Principal, IFTK payable at Kundara should be submitted along with the application form for Admission 2018.
IFTK BDes Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for the submission of application form for admission to B.Des - Fashion Design at IFTK campus is extended till||12th June, 2018 ( 5.00 PM )|
|2||Test Date||17th June, 2018
Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala,
Vellimon West PO,
Kundara, Kollam – 691511, Kerala, India.,
Phone : 0474 2547775, 2548798, 2549787,
Fax : 0474 2548798,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iftk.ac.in.