Institute for Financial Management and Research PGDM Admission 2018
Institute for Financial Management and Research invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the 2 year full time PGDM Program for the session 2018 – 2019.
The approved intake is 180.
IFMR PGDM 2018 Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Graduates from a full time or part time degree course, but NOT correspondence / distance mode / online mode in any discipline with consistent academic record; Candidates pursuing final year degree can also apply.
- Applicants should have been born on / after 1st January 1991 and on / before 31st December 1999.
- Work experience is NOT mandatory, but those with work experience should have less than or equal to 3 years of experience as of 1st December 2017.
- Applicants are required to take / have taken any of the following standardized entrance exams – CAT 2017 / XAT 2018 / CMAT 2018 / GMAT & GRE ( taken on / after 1st January 2015 ).
- The cut off and weights are not the same for all the entrance exams – so your performance in all the entrance exams you have taken will be evaluated against the respective cut off and only your best performance will be considered.
- While CAT / XAT / CMAT percentiles or GRE / GMAT scores are an important component of the admission process, these are not the sole criteria for admission.
- The admission committee will consider the applicant’s past academic performance, and performance in Personal Interview.
- The admissions committee will be shortlisting applicants for the selection process, taking into consideration, the applicant’s past academic performance, entrance test scores, and a passion for excellence demonstrated even in non-academic endeavor such as, but not limited to, sports ( represented country, state or district / University / College / School ), Debate, Drama, Moot Court, NCC ( but not NSS ) volunteering, activism etc. ( of a corresponding level );
- Those with track record in these areas would get a relaxation with regard to cut off scores, provided they are otherwise eligible, and capable;
- However, there is no exemption from the requirement of a valid score in, at least one of CAT / XAT / CMAT / GRE / GMAT regardless of any achievements.
IFMR PGDM Admission Application Form 2018
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to IFMR only by visiting http://forms.ifmr.ac.in/ and make a payment of 1,500/- through Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking, after which you can fill in the application form and submit online.
- Candidates must fill in ALL the relevant particulars and pay application fee of 1,500/- to process the application + nominal payment gateway charges based on the gateway selected by the candidates from the options available.
- Please note that IFMR PGDM application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidate Enter their CAT 2017 / XAT 2018 / GMAT & GRE Unique Registration ID to fill in the application form.
IFMR PGDM Admission 2018 Selection Process
The selection process consists of Written Ability Test ( WAT ) followed by personal interview ( PI ). IFMR has two rounds of admission for the MBA batch ( 2018-20 ).
The Early Decision Round is dedicated to those applicants who are/were employed and have work experience of 12 months to 36 months as of 1st December 2017. The deadline for this round is 15th January 2018.
The selection process for this round scheduled in February 2018, is expected be held at the following 7 Indian cities – Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune; subject to a viable number of shortlisted applicants in each of these centers.
The General Round is open to all applicants, who may or may not be employed. The deadline for this round is 5th February2018. The selection process for this round scheduled in March 2018 is expected to be held at the following 20 Indian cities, subject to a viable number of shortlisted candidates in each of these centers.
- East Zone – Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi
- North Zone – Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow
- South Zone – Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- West Zone – Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune
Applicants who were earlier employed and are not currently employed and have 12 to 36 months of experience as of 1st December 2017, can apply through either the Early Decision Round or the General Round.
In both rounds, if a center is dropped for want of adequate number of shortlisted applicants, then those shortlisted applicants who have selected that particular center will be informed separately and given the option to choose any other center.
Important Dates for IFMR PGDM Admission 2018
- IFMR PGDM Application Deadline : 5th February, 2018
- Release of IFMR PGDM Shortlist : 19th February, 2018
- IFMR PGDM Selection process : 3rd March, 2018
- IFMR PGDM Program Inauguration : Friday 1st June, 2018
Institute for Financial Management and Research,
#24, Kothari Road,
Chennai – 600 034,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.ifmr.ac.in.